Pan cakes

what's the secret to the perfect pancakes?

My pancakes always end bunrt and when that doesn't happen they are too sweet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2iWUUcW08ac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Turn your heat down and use less syrup.

>burnt
Lower heat

>too sweet
Always taste the raw batter just to see if its appropriately sweetened. If too sweet, you could cut it with more flour. Dropping onto the pan/griddle is the point of no return, so make sure your shit is correct before that point.

Don't eat raw batter, that's gross. Just cook a tiny test pancake.

>batter
>gross

Are you a 40 year old single woman who eats out of cans

>flip my pancake
>the top looks perfect
>take it off, bottom looks like shit
Gets me everytime.

Don't be afraid of food, my child. The raw batter shouldn't be gross anyway - this is my entire point. Taste the batter before cooking it. It should fucking delicious. If it isn't, then your pancakes won't be either.

>Perfect golden brown on top after the flip
>Bottom side ends up pale
>Cook the bottom of the next one a little bit longer than the first
>Burned to shit on the bottom

i can't imagine a scenario in which the appearance of the bottoms of your pancakes could even begin to matter. y'all got brain problems.

I don't see a scenario when I am looking at the bottom of my pancakes. But the key to getting the bottom brown like the top is to add a little extra butter to the pan mid flip.

I got the autism

I like to mix chopped up bits of cooked bacon to the batter.

Why your fucking pancake sweet tho??? What recipe you following that needs sugar? I have never made/ate pancakes that had any kind of sweetener IN them. ??confused

youtu.be/2iWUUcW08ac

Matheson makes amazing pancakes.

For this tho, fold the flour in, don't whisk.

That's a horrible choice of a mug. The coffee will get cold in minutes.

>I've never seen a metal mug
Have you never gone backpacking before?

backpacking mugs are designed to be light and able to be used over a fire, not for the best thermal retention properties

>sweet
You don't need sugar in pancakes

Why are you announcing this like it's some huge discovery? Did I set off a 90 minute google binge and you're back with your results?

dont add sugar and turn down the heat

that wasnt too hard was it

raw egg and flower just kinda tastes like semen

(americans)

vanilla extract + cinnamon

>flower

if you aren't trolling...

then this is without a doubt the biggest piece of evidence supporting the theory that this place has too many people who flat out don't cook or only cook from packaged rice-a-roni boxes.

either that or his semen smells like flour

>he knows what semen tastes like

>he doesn't know what semen tastes like

do you even swallow

haven't you ever tasted semen before?

THICCC

less sugar in the batter. too much sugar will cause it to burn easily and taste, get this, too sweet.

the pan, its right in the title

i agree with this, people who eat raw flour in batters, cookies dough, etc. don't seem to have the best palate imo. raw flour tastes bad. it's also more likely to make you sick than eggs. people think the eggs make you sick in raw cookie dough but it's most likely the flour since flour never goes through a sterilizing process until it's cooked.

don't put sugar in your pancakes, you're most likely topping it with sugar syrup so there's no reason for it. add cinnamon or nuts if you want more flavor.

if your pancakes are burned, the heat is either too high or you're trying to cook them with butter in the pan/on the griddle and the butter is burning. use clarified butter, a cooking oil like canola that can withstand higher temperatures and not add unwanted flavors, or if you're using something nonstick you can skip the fat altogether.

Just use buttermilk my man

>add cinnamon or nuts if you want more flavor.
or a mix of grains, i like to do 50% white flour 50% whole wheat, sometimes with a bit of instant oats mixed in.

I use a medium heat and flip when the bubbles holes stop collapsing. medium heat let's water evaporate so the top is moist

just use raymond blancs recipe and method. the french method is the only correct method.

I honestly just pull up Chef John's pancakes on my phone and do that. They come out fine.

Made these today,shout out the the user who gave me the recipe.
1 cup flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
sift that stuff together or just stir if you're lazy

1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract or other extract
2-4 Tbsp. melted butter, depending on how fat you are
whisk this stuff together

combine the wet and dry and be gentle, there should still be a few lumps

if you want more springy thinner pancakes you can up the buttermilk and whisk them more

i thought pancakes were supposed to be easy but you guys make it seem like it's even harder than eggs

it makes me want to draw a cute thick pankake waifu

those can't be real...

it is they just make pancakes in a rice cooker in some gookhole.

Good news user

>make pancakes in small pan
>have to make one at a time
>by the time you finish the last pancake, the first one is already room temperature

That's why the oven has a warm setting, dude.

>not eating while simultaneously cooking the next pancake

apply yourself, cocklord