I'm responsible for handling the marketing facets of an ICO which I believe to have immense potential...

I'm responsible for handling the marketing facets of an ICO which I believe to have immense potential. Unfortunately resources as of late have been scarce, and the project has been relegated to advertising almost exclusively on free platforms. We've put a lot of work into refining the presentation, but to no avail. Moentum Token launched today and the reception was underwhelming to say the least.

At this point I'm really just left wondering how it is that so many blatantly bogus projects managed to raise substantial amounts of money, whereas our project with all the credibility in the world (our whitepaper for more on that), and with the capacity to genuinely change the game, has fallen on utterly deaf ears.

Any advice at all would be appreciated. I'm not sure where else to turn. moentum.com/

Thanks in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.telegram.org/#/im?p=s1352052099_13976357186118936331
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've read your Whitepaper.

Turtlecoin is a total scam.

what are your key differentiators from the rest of the market

It's the name. Sounds like you have a speech impediment when saying it out loud

I think it's passable.

Read our patents.

Are there any partnerships that could be cultivated to help inspire some confidence and some excitement?

part of the issue is taht alot of your traditional traders are not interested in crypto, so even though i think that is as cool as the other side of the pillow, it doesnt interest a lot of stock market types.

I really think it sounds awesome. i wish you luck. Free platforms just as a suggestion, get a twitter and go nuts with it, not like autism nuts but enjoy yourself. start a sub reddit. try to get the word out on the crypto pages there. Also reread your web page from the view point of a person looking to get into a coin. some of the wording could be changed to sound better. Example: "Please support this project if you are able". You need to be asking for peoples business. You need to ask them to buy in. I get the feel like it is more of a suggestion than a sales pitch. Does your team have real world sales experience? It almost looks like it doesnt which means that i am thinking in the back of my mind that maybe it is not your strength which then makes me question the over all strength of the project. Hope this helps. HARD SELL IT BBY

you came here to ask for advice and then you tell people to go read your patents? lmfao kys nigger

First of all, when it comes to marketing, the devil is in the details. Your favicon is a hideous brown and is in serious need of anti aliasing! Next off why is your logo have this tacky skeuomorphism? Flat is the preferred style for web 3.0.

Additionally why is your front page/pitch deck all over the place, why is the bit about donating to charity ABOVE the bit about your goals? Wtf is this.

I'm responsible for the rebrand and Marketing of one of the old coins, and working on a near $0 budget.
I'm telling you this because just visiting your website made me facepalm.
From the language to the structure, to everything.....your website looks like an amateur had a great time and maybe even spend 4 h designing it.
If you can't pay people then organize strong community....speaking of which: where are your
1)Telegram
2)Discord
3)Twitter
4)Medium
5)Facebook
social links?
You literally have nothing without a strong community on a tight budget.

I just had a quick look, and I am not surprised that your ICO is going .... south.

Btw David, when you decide to post a picture of yourself on a website that you are marketing, at least fucking SMILE.
First rule of marketing, and you look like you want to kill someone.

>Are there any partnerships that could be cultivated to help inspire some confidence and some excitement?

With the clout we have currently, unlikely. Certainly none that we're aware of.

>
part of the issue is taht alot of your traditional traders are not interested in crypto, so even though i think that is as cool as the other side of the pillow, it doesnt interest a lot of stock market types

We're launching a platform for both crypto and stocks.

The rest of your advice is sound, but there's still this issue of finding a base to begin with. We can/have create social media outlets, but to what end? Nobody cares to listen.

It's just a self-explanatory answer, is all.

Unfortunately we don't have the resources to address these deficiencies. I'll speak to the dev team about the charity bit though, we can certainly change that much.

I feel like these details are ultimately trivial when we're not getting many clicks to the page to begin with.

Without capital our hands are just tied.

>you literally have nothing without a strong community on a tight budget

What I'm worried about with this is that the technology is too niche, and that we can't amass the sort of following you typically see with coins that are tailored more directly to the cryptocurrency sphere. At our peak (today, relaunch day) we received 400 clicks to the site, and of those 400 I just can't imagine a significant number of those people heading over to our social media platforms and contributing.

do you know where your clicks are coming from? Maybe get some social media set up and try to drive in the biz.

Ask for the sell.

It is also possible taht you are to niche. i see value in it but at the same time, i see value in other coins. help define what sets you apart. By doing that, you can help turn those clicks into purchases.

ITT: user finding new problems for every piece of advice you give him.

If you don't address that defeatism you're never gonna succeed, all you do is address every suggestion with "we don't have money" or "nobody cares about us", so I don't know if you're here for advice or to bitch and moan.

attitude is important.

also im assuming that either the last name being the same is by chance or your family. make sure you have boundaries set up in a family environment. they can turn bad fast some times.

Good idea. I'll change that.

>get some social media set up
Going to do that now. Get a bunch of links set up.

I am taking all of this in. Just sort of positing some overall concerns I have.

Our website was built on $0 budget and has 300k ranking with Alexa....
The coin(s) are very specific in use and the one that I was responsible for from the very beginning doesn't have finished whitepaper and roadmap just yet.
But:
The logo was designed by a community member who donated it to the project, the website was coded from scratch by another community member, who donated it to the project.
Our community is divided into focus groups and each group works on a project.
Social Media marketing
Dev hub
Admin hub.
It's a volunteer organization that is making a coin alive using guerilla marketing tactics that work.
And the coin has a very very niche use and a lot of competition.

I have no idea, from your website, what your token really does.
I did read it (on purpose) like 30sec attention span, normies.
I just remember something, something, 2 exchanges and donating 1%

Who was responsible for the web content?
They should re-write it asap.
Get rid of errors on the website.
Get on Telegram and open a GROUP, not a channel, solely to discuss your coin.
Put a link to Telegram on your website!

ive got to go for the night. ill try to check your website again in a day or so. i hope you come back again for more advice. you have a mix of expriences here to draw on. (retail management myself / it was a small biz so wore many hats).

btw, retail mngmt is the arm pit of the mngmt world. dont go into it.

Oh, and ill look for the chik pic to know its you

Holy shit I just noticed that, omg I think I know what's happening.

>boomer dad sees all the free money in crypto
>decides if these 'young nobodies' can do it, he can
>starts a crypto project and makes his son do all the shilling

KEK wow, this is making me cringe now. Also I think I found your biggest problem OP, it's pic related.

The token will give you a discount for the services we'll provide on our exchange. Do you think that could be more concise?

Regarding the web content (I'll relay the other comments people have made thus far to the devs), are there specific errors you noticed?

And yeah I'll be working on the social media platform tonight. Don't know how we're going to get people to use it, but we have to start somewhere in that regard...

Appreciate the help.

I feel as though that "problem" is more or less unique to this board.

He’ll advise you to the nearest designated shitting street

But regarding the rest of your comment, this has been his dream project for quite a few years now. It's raised a substantial amount of capital in that time, and turned the heads of the biggest players on wall street on more than one occasion, but what had come in at that juncture wasn't enough to launch as a stock market, so I suggested we go down this route since I figured such a revolutionary proposition would garner more attention here than in angel investor groups.

In one of my responses there is a picture where I drew on a screenshot so you see the errors.
The token will Gove me discount on the exchanges, which means it's a token like Binance token or Kucoin token gets.
What you HAVE to have on the web content is what DIFFERS you from the rest, not what makes you similar.
Not social media platform:
Use Telegram and if you do, post a link here.
Like go now, open the group, update to supergroup and post the link here.
I can then show you what a community of 1 thousand people can do, i.e. invite you to see what we did, so you learn what you can do.
I don't have time to actually help with your web content, but it needs to stop sounding like you begging and start sounding like you are a super exciting brand new project.
I'll try to rewrite 1 section to give you an example of what I mean.

It really isn't, this board is just more open. People are very skittish of investments involving indians, africans, and russians and chinese. Only the recent waves of successes have enabled russians and chinese to improve their reputation.

Furthermore having this LITERAL WHO on your 'team page' despite being just some random investor seems very unprofessional. Also I love how you ignored my earlier claims about your dad making you do this.

Listen user I actually am gonna take some pity on you and be serious for a second, I've been in crypto for 8 years, I've participated in dozens and advised a few ICOs, I'm not a big shot by any means but I've been around the block. You have no chance. See pic related: your entire approach is flawed from the ground up, you sound like you're begging for donations, your idea is vaguely described and there are no links for LinkedIN, the 'founder' (your dad) doesn't seem to have any experience with computers or finance. Like in every way you've not only got very poor foundations, you're doing very little to market yourself aggressively.

Good ICOs tend to have a tight aesthetic, be informative and punchy, convey a 'high concept' explanation, (the real estate infrastructure of smart contracts) or some shit. Your project just sort of meanders about this 'amazing patented tech™' and you immediately say you're going to compete with coinbase. Like you are outsiders and you're whole attitude and how your site presents you makes it seem like you read one wikipedia article and just decided to wing it. You have to convey expertise and authority and aggressiveness. I think it's best you don't get too committed to this idea.

Like the more I look the more mistakes I spot immediately.

For example everyone knows you can't be an advisor and an investor, it discredits the advice. Sure under the table these advisors all get cushy checks, but if I were looking to invest in a company and I see another investor is also an 'advisor' it just makes me raise my eyebrows. Advisors are meant to be people who are experts within their field, like if Nick Szabo was an 'advisor' that'd make sense. Not some friend of your dads who chucked 50k in.

>making trades on your phone
CISSP here. One word: NOPE
Logging into exchanges or holding wallets on your phone is practically begging to get robbed. I would never, ever do this, and I would advise everyone who asked me to never do this. This is worst security practice when it comes to security of your finances.

>I work in marketing
>I won't answer your question about why my product is good

Don't show this thread to whoever pays you, it's indicative of your lack of character and qualifications for the marketing field.

We are launching a cryptocurrency exchange similar to Coinbase and financing the launch of a new U.S. stock exchange similar to IEX. Both of these companies raised around $100 million dollars each.
See^^ similar , similar....NO

Our company, using unique, patented trading technology decided to create a hybrid exchange, unlike any other exchange currently on the market.
We are combining the traditional stock exchange and a cryptocurrency exchange. By creating a unique product we will attract a traditional investor to the cryptocurrency market and vice versa.

Now I'm not sure how accurate my description here is, what's important is to set yourself appart from the crowd....not join it.
You compare yourself to others ONLY if it makes you look better then them.

Not sure what you meant by the first part. Our token isn't novel, it's just a means to an end, and a way for people to get an ROI if we're successful. I don't know how we could phrase it any differently, given that that's the case.

>Use Telegram
Lemme get on that now senpai.

Yeah, poor wording there I agree.
And dad's not making me do this lmao.

>you have no chance/your entire approach is flawed from the ground up
These are all problems we can fix. Honestly if we had 25 grand or so of working capital (which you'd think would be easy enough to acquire given the precedent set by other infinitely less credible ICO's), we would just outsource this work to people with more experience.

Why give up when there are clearly barriers set in place that can be overcome without any additional capital?

See

unironically kys

If I had 25k capital, I would make the coins I'm re-branding into...well I don't have it, so it will take tome and community dedication lol
We spent total of 3k hahah

Shit forgot the screenshot

Noted. We will modify this.

With the telgram thing, I guess I need someone else to start a group with, is that correct?

What browser is this??

This is what I get on firefox.

Just share your contacts with Telegram and chose a Joe Shmoe and add.
You can kick them later.
I'm not going to drop my handle here lol
But when you done with the group I'll PM you.

Chrome, mobile

Wait my bad. I'm retarded ^^

web.telegram.org/#/im?p=s1352052099_13976357186118936331

?

You need to modify almost everything on the web content that way.
You sound like you are hurting for money and need it badly.
You won't sell that way.
I'll show you an ICO that is actually very successful, and still unknown (not mine)
Deflacoin.com
Shoestring budget as well.

This thread has been orders of magnitude more helpful than leddit or bitcointalk.

I really appreciate it, everyone. I'm going to make this work.

Ummm...
Can you share it not on web T?
Just give me @ whatever
T.me / and then the handle.
I don't use the web version.

Right. Project from a position of strength.

I figured the wording was dubious going into this, but I didn't realize just how big of an issue it was.

Give me the group handle and I'll find you.
I don't want to use a web version lol
And I have to sign up for it.

You're going to have to find a good way to market away the fact that you're asking people to put their finances on their most easily compromised device: Their smartphone. The moment you gain any traction the security community is going to fucking shred you.

I get that you're on a shoestring budget, but surely you should be able to LOOK at those other ICOs and LOOK at how they present themselves and imitate that.

>catchy slogans
>short pitches
>buzzwords

Instead your entire pitch is entirely lacking in any kind of confidence. It's basically saying 'this idea will be like a better version of stuff you already have, pls gib money', you need to create FOMO, you need to make people think this is THEIR only chance to get in on the ground floor of this revolutionary thing. THEY need you. Except everywhere I look I'm getting 'please support this' 'please help me achieve that'.

@Moentum Token should be the handle. That's what I named the group

That's not an integral component of our proposition, and can be taken out of the equation. You're probably right.

Yep. Agreed.
I'm just a marketing person.
He can actually market that as a plus and get normies to buy the shit out of it.
He asked for marketing advice kek
But later on.... risky af

No you're completely right. I'm going to start rewording this entirely, tonight.

Also I'm getting glitched into having to post pictures with every reply. Disregard.

Can't find you....fucking weird.

>Moentum

Is this group "private " ?

@MoentumToken

It was private! Public now.

I'm in

This user is on point. If your project isn't primarily focused for smartphones don't even suggest it. You're going to get fucking destroyed and big money will stay miles away if you try to make the case of using your phone for trades.

OP, I dont know how sound your project is

But I can tell you this...you need to make it sound like people are fucking BLESSED to purchase the tokens rather than you sounding needy. "We seek financial support" is like saying people are donating to you.

Goddamnit Dave, It's Prakesh here.

This is not what we meant by marketing, what in ghandi's name do you think you are doing on here ??!

I am going to tell the guys, this is unbelievable !

Okay.

I got the message.

I'll handle this.

GRLC?

Ok i'll bite..
Next on the roadmap is : Spot Quote files Form 1 to SEC to become U.S. Stock Exchange

Is that even realistic and doable ? Who are your partnerships, who's lobbying for you ?

Nope.
Old coin. 2013-2014
Coin(s) really

For those knew to Veeky Forums this means buy

>American Red Cross
This is one of the absolute shittiest charities to give money to if anyone knows charities. Internal Red Cross is far better and so are other options.

I'll defer to the whitepaper on this one. We have an extensive list of institutions there that have agreed to utilize our platform.

Noted. I'll see if we can't get that switched.

Damn that's old school

>I feel as though that "problem" is more or less unique to this board.

Not necesarily and is not out of simple racism anyway. People that care to invest in projects like yours know that Indians are not reliable when it comes to IT, unless you are godtier caste literally raised in the East.

Take this as a friendly advice from somebody certainly not white.

> What is Punjab National Bank scaming people out of 2Billion
> What is some indians desperately seeking help on biz when their exchange was handing ETH for free.

Yeah, you're right. It's going to be dealt with momentarily.

Well, the patents are quite thorough and would benefit the cryptosphere as a whole on 1 of the problems as to why it is on the slow-lane of regulation. The volatility.

I am no fan of the front end of it all though, i understand that the funds are low, and this is in Beta fase, we are however currently living in a society where those who succeed have portrayed themselves as already having been successful in the beginning stages, * not needing you, but yeah, you can come along. whatever *.

It might also do good to write an article as to exactly why what you guys are offering is needed. How this is the next step forward and you guys are the ones offering the solution to what the other guys are lacking.

Don't be afraid to dirtball a bit, but just do it lowkey. Don't come out calling nowadays exchanges a faggot all of the sudden, just subtly pinpoint their weaknesses and write down what you guys are going to do that makes you so much better than them

>not needing you
I agree, but that's a virtually impossible sell given the gravity of what we're doing. One of the first questions people ask when they see our low-budget presentation is how we're justifying the sum we're looking for, to which the answer is that we literally will not launch without their help.

>write an article as to exactly why what you guys are offering is needed
We have one such article. I'll have to find it.

Thanks for the advice.