Al/ck/oholics anonymous general

Heyyoo.

Didn't see a thread so figured fuck it make my own. First time for everything. Pop my cherry. Maybe get banned. Who knows.

Anyhow, what is ya'lls drink of choice tonight?
Currently drinking a shitty cheap low carb arnold palmer made with maple vodka.
You know it's gonna be a good night when you bring two bottles of vodka up to your bedroom and lock yourself out from the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Rose_(cocktail)
m.youtube.com/watch?v=n3eXIk8J0mU
encyclopediadramatica.se/6_BONG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guess this is as good a place to ask as any, especially since Veeky Forums no longer includes health apparently.

I'm going into the doctor tomorrow to ask for something to help me ween myself off drinking everyday and having the shakes as soon as I wake up. It sounds like I want some kind of benzos, but how do you actually go in and ask for something like that?

Anyone have any experience getting medical help without ending up in an actual hospital bed because of kidney failure or whatever?

Oh shit man, that's rough.
Good on you for taking the first step though. I believe in you!
I guess the best thing you can do is be really casual about it? Like.. Don't lose your cool?
I don't know. I wish I could be of more help. They will likely want to run a few tests.

they might give you ativan, helps a little. probably antabuse. will take blood tests.

I have zero attraction to alcohol. I can't stand the stuff, and based on the way it tastes to me, I can't figure out why anyone likes it. I don't even feel good being drunk.

I don't have a problem with liquor either, I just... oh god, it's like paint stripper to me

Really senpai?

Damn. Well count yourself lucky. I get drawn back to this stuff so easily. I love the feeling of disconnect. Of feeling numb.
I probably don't drink enough to be considered an actual alcoholic, but I think I'm bordering on it. At least from the perspective of my friends.
I don't like a lot of things either. I keep it on the sweet side, bitter is fine once I'm already drunk cause my mouth is numb.

Pretty depressed last night, drank a whole bottle of this, wanted to get some more but I sat down for a few minutes before walking to the corner store and passed out. Surprisingly no hangover.

Grats on the no hang over man.

That's some fancy lookin' stuff too. Prolly pretty smooth?

really? that autocorrects to senpai now?
Wow I do not come here enough. fuck me. Oh well.

drinking hornitos with some crappy premade margarita mix.

also picked up a bottle of applejack on a whim yesterday, might give that a try when i run out of tequila.

How do you afford an alcohol habit on Hennessey?

Good for you.
I work in the Alcohol industry, so I spend everyday surrounded by it. Always a constant battle to stay on the straight and narrow.

I've had applejack! It was pretty fuckin tastey

I've been drinking it since I was 16, I'm 23 now. It's my go to. Its only $30 a bottle but for the price it's some good shit. 9 times out of 10 there's no hangover unless I drink beer too. Not gonna lie though even after drinking it almost daily for 7 years the first 2-3 shots make me gag a bit but after that it's smooth coastin.

I know what you mean, it's hard at the start but once you get lubed up it just goes down like fucking water mate.

Sorry to hear that though, I mean, that's gotta suck right?
I've always had a thing for the liqour ever since I was that age, but really didn't start drinking til I moved out at 18. Then it was like weekend benders on the regular. Now I'm kinda like.. whenever the husbands out and I feel like shit I drink.
Couple weeks back I had a really bad black out episode.
But here I am, back at the bottle.
25 here, gonna be 26 in less than a month.
Dunno why I said all that, it's not like ya'll care bout my life story.

>have good job
>no gf (who would've thought)
>live with parents (pay rent but it's just us 3 in a 4.5 bedroom)

I'm 23 and me and the senpai get along great so I haven't got the urge to move out yet. I spend all my money on cars and Hennessy. Buy a bottle every 2 days or so with plenty money leftover for rent/groceries.

I just realised these pics prolly aren't good for ballers like who are trying to quit and CAN and WILL because I HAVE FAITH IN YOU man!

day 5 sober. gonna try and go another 360 days

Grats man!

You can fucking do it! Don't be a sad sack like me

>applejack on a whim

Damn! On a whim? You're in for some fun stuff.

First off try a Jack Rose Cocktail

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Rose_(cocktail)

>2 parts applejack
>1 part lime juice
>1/2 part grenadine

i foolishly used 1 part grenadine, which i think is making it too sweet. still pretty delicious, though.

but you're not taking a countless number of shots at any given time

How do you mother fucker??

m.youtube.com/watch?v=n3eXIk8J0mU

I have ran out of booze >:(

Friends are either sick/didn't invite me to shit tonight. Napped through the music festival I was planning on going to, now gettin my drink on. What's up boys

What happens if I rectally infuse my whiskeys?

I was listening to radiohead earlier

wasssup

you die f a m

lil gin and juice and the league, yeah yeah.

league of legends???/

nah, some stupid show, haven't played LoL in ages

Oh that show. damn. not as dank as I thought.

Anyhow, what's up bros? Sat night, pretty quiet. guess people arehaving a good time and here I am all lonely an shit

At my birthday party drinking vodka, jager and 99 bananas. Was out at Korean bbq earlier and they had 99c mugs of beer so hot pretty blasted on that earlier.

Having a pretty good night honestly.

I drink at least two tall boys every night. Lately been capping the night off with a couple shots of vodka. My grandma passed away a while back and had around five bottles squirreled away around the house, managed to get my hands on one of them when we held a party in her honor. The handle is almost gone and I feel sad, probably gonna finish it tonight. Do a toast to her every time I do a shot of her vodka.

What's a good rum with pretty wide circulation?

bacardi.

Gosling's t.b.h.

oh hi

I drinking canadia club mix with water and miller high life. Is funny when you desperately want to die and shaking even while drunk

not
>you're a big pie
what was he thinking?

I feel the same way right now

Ah, fuck man, I am so sorry.
Here's a toast to your grandma.

I got a check in the mail for $15--I don't even know why. Gratis handle of 100 proof vodka on T-Mobile (I've never even used them.)

Cheers!

what happens when you run out? how far are you from a refueling station?

Me? I dunno. I got some other random shit and fucked myself up. Prolly gonna play some Overwatch now. Had a little fingerbating sesh not too long ago. Everything is numb.

CHEERS COMRADE!

Also I'm killin' it at these fucking Captchas

>You know it's gonna be a good night when you bring two bottles of vodka up to your bedroom and lock yourself out from the world.
I used to enjoy this so much.

Lately, though, drinking alone has been toeing a fine line. Drink just the right amount it's a great night. Go over that limit and my depression goes into overdrive and end up drinking and crying until I fall asleep.

I never really wanted to quit before, but this stopped being fun.

>tfw drink half a liter of cheap vodka per night, usually with diet soda or crystal light. I'm not even depressed but my liver hurts, my shakes are pretty mild tho

drink water if you can keep it down. when i feel fucked up after a night of drinking i usually make some very (VERY) spicy soup and noodles/ramen (i add a few tbsp of kimchi paste, crushed red peppers, thai chilis etc.). i'll also add in some meat (chicken, eggs or beef). anyways, i like it very spicy because i always sweat off the hangover or pain (caution: do not use curry or your insides will explode). plus the shit is spicy so it'll make you want to drink a lot of water.

just a suggestion, good luck.

and also i use to drink 300-600 mL of vodka a night (5 times a week) for 2.5 years and switched over to a bottle of wine recently each night. that way i can control my alcohol intake (because a fifth of wine will get you buzzed without going overboard) and it's only $3 a bottle (less if you buy in bulk).

I'm having a (mostly) bourbon and cola with club crackers, braunschwager and super sharp cheddar.
Not my worst drink/snack pairing, though I've definitely had better. Its just so hard to top a strong margarita with chips and queso.

bumps alcoholically

I got a 1.5L bottle of probably shitty merlot because it was on clearance for $6.

How much do you have to drink every day for that to become a serious problem?
I drink every day but it's usually in the neighborhood of 8-ish beers

I've only gotten the shakes from drinking most of a fifth and having to wake up the next day

Reporting in

If you can stop, stop. If you can't, you won't. That's pretty much all it is. Ask yourself if you can go this next week without those beers. If you think you can, do it and see what happens. If you crack, you have your answer

drinking more than 1 drink every day is a problem

8 is a serious problem. killing your organs and predisposing yourself to cancer at breakneck speed.

Once you start getting major withdrawals you will know it and it will scar hell out of you. That's when it becomes a seriously crippling problem in my opinion. I'd say about a fifth of vodka a day for a atleast a month should do it. Perhaps less if you aren't eating much.

is henessey even good? All I ever see is niggers drinking it so I've avoided ever trying it

>rarely drink
>visit family
>hometown has large korean population
>have had several bottles of various korean wines daily for the past week

Wew lads, going back to work is going to be rough.

But health memers tell me wine is good for me.

That's mostly piss drunk housewives selling that retarded info. Any benefits you gain from wine can be gained by the same amount of grape juice

>tfw drinking more Tequila than Mexican revolutionary because life isn't enjoyable without being intoxicated
I share the deep sadness of the Mexican people through the taste of the brew of their ancestors.

Not even drinking grape based wine desu, black raspberry wine is my preference.

Coming off a 4-day bender, drank about 5 liters of vodka over that span. thankfully I don't get the shakes like that user, but what are some decent remedies for the night sweats I'll be having tonight, and the lethargy tomorrow?

Sipping down my 3rd beer so that I can at least sleep buzzed. That sometimes help with the sweats.

Oh man that takes me back
>Visit Korea with wife
>kind of like Japan, motherfuckers there work hard and play harder after dark.
>walking down the street, people are just sitting in little plastic chairs slamming Soju and eating fried chicken or steamed/grilled snails with Kimchi.
>we get wasted every night on $1 CAD bottles of soju and $2 CAD pints of Hiite

Fucking 10/10 would do again

I should probably note that I don't usually drink much, but eh, when in Rome...

I wish alcoholism discussion wasn't such a pissing-contest and a young person could talk about worrying that their minor but regular cravings and occasional binges might be leading down a bad path.
I don't think it's problematic in the least, but there's a (hopefully) long road ahead and it could trend away from alcohol, but it could just as easy take a sharp left at any moment. Or a more gradual curve into a bad neighborhood.

Please don't give me the "2 liters of vodka a day? Please, I used to drink twice that and pick my kid up from school every day, don't be a pussy!" shit.

do you guys ever do a 'day of rest'?

Look, just never drink to run away from something. If you fear addiction, addiction will find you, and based on the way you talk about it I would bet you've thought about this a lot. Do yourself a favor and understand well that retreading thoughts over and over cements them in your brain. If you ,say, mull around "addict" and "alcohol" enough, you will find yourself ironically succumbing to the demon drink. Know your depression (the biggest and most open door to addiction), and never drink to enhance everyday things like hobbies, watching TV, playing video games, whatever. And never, ever drink because of a girl. Every sob who gets into alcohol either has problems with a girl or with his daddy. Sorry for the scatter brain reply, but what would you expect given the thread topic? Good luck, don't fall into it, and never drink to impress.

yes but i wouldn't call it rest.

>feel cold as fuck even though you're sweating like a mad man
>shivers
>head spinning and can't focus on a fixed point (vertigo)
>anxiety amplified greatly and feel worse than death
>screaming incoherently
>can't eat or drink anything because my body is refusing anything for the next 12 hours

that was when i was downing a handle of vodka every 3-4 days.
>drink
>sleep
>wake up
>drink

repeat. the brief moment of bliss from binge drinking isn't worth the 12 hour period of legit wanting to kill myself.

How do I stop Veeky Forums?

Didn't go into work today because I was awake all night sweating like a pig and hearing my heart in my ears. I wasn't even buzzed yesterday, this isn't really worth it any more.

I got these, I drank them before and they're pretty decent.

>groggy
>anxious
>takes a while to remember some words
>derealization
>difficulty concentrating
>no emotion
>tired

This lasts for a fucking week after a bender and I'm sick of it. Starting to think clearly today and it's good. People seem like people not robots, and my hands look like they belong to me.

this is going to be a weird question but are there any alcohols that taste just like cherry/grape cough syrup or mouthwash?
I weirdly really like the taste of cough syrups and can tolerate mouthwash, but the taste of alcoholic drinks just makes me gag.
Any recommendations?

>TFW a tallboy in America is less than a standard can in the UK.

how big is a standard can in the uk?

Lot of simple wisdom. Thanks. The occasional "Jesus, kid, calm down" is helpful, even from a stranger.

I was sober for 130 days. my 29 year old brother had a heart attack.

I relapsed.

Bumping self. It feels bad to be left out of social situations for such a dumb hang up as this.

peppermint schnapps tastes pretty much like mouthwash. I used to drink it a lot when i was younger. The only downside is that it is lower abv than a lot of liqour, but since it sounds like you aren't a heavy drinker that might come in handy

Thank you. I want to be able to drink with friends but the way that most alcohol his my palette makes that difficult.

>get into food industry
>working as prep guy
>stressful since im just the chefs bitch
>start drinkin heavier than usual
>months of pure hazing
>finally reach summer
>get shit canned
>sit at home and drink more

lol kek le maymay

how bad are you at prep?

not bad at all, just was new to it and starting out in an expensive/fancy place in NYC.

It was my first job in it too. Though they said when I have more experience i'd always have a job there it was still pretty stressful.

Don't start throwing pity parties for yourself man, your brother wouldn't have wanted that.

OP here.

Please tell me not to drink tonight.
I've just had a couple of the longest days of my life. My sleep schedule is completely fucked and things are getting weird.

ive never bought alcohol before. my roommate had his diehard favorite brands so he would always buy it

whats the cheapest stuff i can buy to get drunk

Screaming Eagle Cabernet

You can do it user.

I have 128 days of sobriety under my belt.
Everyday is a battle but the victories are so sweet.

Grats man, that is fucking awesome.
Victories are fucking sweet. That makes me very happy for you. I believe in you too.

I really should sleep or nap or something, but my body is too wired and fucked up. I hope I can make it. I got shit to do, but I just need a break for now.

Holy fucking shit. Hit the nail on the fucking head right there my friend. That was one of those nights for me too. I toed the line for awhile, but I tipped over it.

Christ... That's what I do. Water and vodka with fucking crystal light, Mio, diet soda.
I am sorry to hear your liver hurts though, dude. You should really wean off and get help.

That sounds p tasty.
Also, wine is... good right.. like.. antioxidants and shit?

>my hands look like they belong to me

Holy shit, that took me back to my drying out days. It's weird having that out of body, but not quite, experience.

checking in. drinking wine, but ran out. gunna transition to hard liquor.

i've reached the point at which i know i should stop, but i'm gunna keep going. fuck it, niggers.

Hahahahahahahaha How is Alkoholism real hahahahaha I mean Nigga just stop drinking like Nigga close your mouth hahaha

Bong reporting in 4.27am here and im still browsing Veeky Forums drinking beers. ugh fml

Same as always: Wild Turkey 101 on the rocks with a slice of lemon or lime, depending on when I last went downstairs. Probably gonna stop drinking either this week or next, though. It's been slow at work so I haven't had much else to do, but we're opening up a new location before the end of the month so I'll have to work 70+ hours a week.

Glad I now know how to stop; to those of you who are scared of quitting, you aren't ready. You have to actually want it to really stop. Of course I jumped right back on the drinking game not long ago so what the fuck do I know.

lol.

i've always been curious, why do they call you 'britbongs'? i didn't think the uk was especially associated with weed

That's essentially me right now. I'm not an alcoholic per se, but all my friends act like I am.
I'm heading down a bad way, it feels. Every day I get the urge to drink. I don't. But it's becoming overwhelming almost, with the depression. I just want to feel numb.
Just regular cravings, and binges when I do drink.
The black out I had a few weeks back was an eye opener, and I wanted to change myself and set myself straight, but since then every day my urge to drink has only gone up.
It was basically a psychotic episode/break too. Fuck. I guess I've gotten to the point where I haven't been drinking every day, but at least 2-3 times in a week.

Really not trying to outshine anyone here and boast. I'm truly disturbed by myself. And I guess this is a cry for help that will go no where. By comparison to those ass turkeys I'm drinking sunny d in a sippy cup.

>walk through the liquor aisle
>see "Jim Beam Honey - Bourbon infused with real Honey"
>it's dirt cheap too
>wow that must be fucking disgusting
>buy it anyway
>drink the half bottle in one day
Fuck me, this stuff is tasty.

>Water, milk, and one of those bottled juice smoothies (fuck yes)

>Everything is going great, I feel perfect and loved
My life suddenly, completely and utterly collapses, girlfriend ditches me in college while I'm working late, failing classes, losing friends, lingering around parents who despise having me around.
I'm fairly certain I have a mild addiction to tobacco. And my parents have crippling problems with alcohol. But I want to drink.
I want to drink because it's been around forever. There are recipes I want to try. I want to try new things. I want to taste new things. I want to party when I feel like it. I want to learn to bar-tend. I want to know what it feels like. I've had some nice liquor before but;

I want to gamble and go to strip clubs. I want to drink and smoke weed. I want the freedom to be the idiot I've always tried to pretend not to be.
I hate this parole officer feeling I get from the prison of restraint and sheltering that has been my entire life so far.

>In exactly one month I'll know what all the commotion is about

Not that guy, newfriend, but here:

encyclopediadramatica.se/6_BONG

Fucking newfags

Reporting back in.

The doctor prescribed Atenolol (a beta blocker usually used to treat high blood pressure), clonazepam (to treat anxiety/panic attacks), and thiamine (vitamin B1, which I guess helps the body process stuff or something).

I had to give a rough estimate of how much I drink a day and I went low (duh) and said a pint of vodka (16 oz), and part of his instructions were to reduce my drinking by an ounce a day along with taking the medications. I might give updates of how it goes in future threads if anyone cares. So far the clonazepam is a life save and allows me to perform basic tasks, but I already knew that.