Is it worth it? Let's settle this

Is it worth it? Let's settle this.

its already been fucking settled

and im not gonna spoonfeed you the obvious answer

In n out shill pls go

fast food is never worth it but this gets closer than most things,

but much less so than making your own burgers with seasoning that consists of more than salt and pepper

In England there is like one Five Guys in my city and it like $20 dollars for a burger and fries, stupid

>Let's settle this

It's already been discussed and settled countless times you fucking retard. Get the fuck out.

I actually work at a five guys in the UK, one of the biggest in the world.

It's true that we're more expensive that most fast food alternatives, but our food is also of a much higher quality.

I can't go to Burger King anymore because the burgers just don't do it for me anymore, not like the five guys ones.

I suspect this is a lot to do with the fact that I get my food free though, we'll see if I say the same in a few years.

Had it for the first time recently and it was really good but it's something I'll be having very rarely.

It's a bit overpriced but it's alright. Though the few times i ate their the fries were always lukewarm and soggy.

except salt and peper is the only season a good burger needs

When I was in B'ham i paid 15 fucking pounds for a burger, fries and drink. 30 australian dollars, I could eat at a restaurant for that.

Not worth it.

My hometown was near the first 5 guys and I liked it a lot as a kid. Haven't had it in over a decade though.

I had a Bacon Cheeseburger and a large portion of fries recently. The burger was great, but the fries weren't really that good. Not sure if it's worth the price they're asking for.

I really like five guys. it's a bit overpriced, but I love getting a burger with everything.

Used to be, their cajun fries used to be fucking delicious until they fucked up the flavoring about three or so years back

To be honest, no. I have to pay like $15 for a meal at this fucking establishment to get an In 'n Out-tier burger.

The fries are alright.

I hate their fries. It's the peanut oil. I don't like my fries tasting like peanuts.

That being said, the Cajun fries are good.

The burgers are severely overpriced.

The burgers are not bad and are better than normal fast food. The fries are always soggy. To make it "worth it" you need to take advantage of all the free toppings for the burgers. If you just like burger patty, bun, some bacon and mayo or whatever, no. It's not worth it.

I think that's illegal user... Specially since you were just a kid

is this the place with the fucking bags of potatoes everywhere?

More expensive lower quality than in n out

So no

I only go there if I'm hungover. That should say something. It's grease city.

Their fries are just bad. Soggy, oily chunks of potato. Giving me 2X of what I asked for doesn't make up for that. I guess they actually make sure the grease is soaking through the bag as a sort of contrived marketing gimmick.

It's not worth it.

peanut oil does not have a peanut taste

>he doesn't buy extra virgin peanut oil

>mfw a #1 at In-N-Out mustard fried no pickle with chopped and whole grilled onions, extra toast extra salt with well done animal fries and a large drink costs me no more than an Alexander Hamilton

they let you get a free meal?
I remember when I graduated and wanted a stop-gap job (only lasted 3 weeks, thank god for not majoring in the arts) I worked for McDonalds: no discounts, no deals, fuck you pay for your own meal at McD even though you slave here.

Is it that much more expensive? I haven't had 5 guys since Connecticut, but I lived in California more recently and thought In n Out was pricey?

Made me snort tip top humour

It is pricey compared to McDonalds I guess... but compared to Five Guys, In 'N Out is awesome value. I think a meal at In 'N Out is in the $7-8 range at most?

This guy says he even gets the special fries on top for

>tfw no in n out in Colorado

I take business trips out to the west coast periodically, and I will ALWAYS stop by In 'N Out at least once per trip.

Grab a large fry from here and a couple dollar burgers from wendys/donalds

ezpz

>double double burger no tomatoes, chopped chillies (if you don't request this do it), animal style
>another cheeseburger same config
>fries
>neopolatin milkshake

All for $10

How can other fast food places even compete?

I actually tried the hot dog there and liked it.

By having a burger that taste better

it hurts... why is this? why don't they just expand like crazy like mcd? in-n-out is such a meme that they're stupid not to. to keep quality up? to keep their meme status?

quality and freshness

all in n outs are within a certain radius of a food distribution center specific to In n Out

Ya this

Texas recently started getting them, you can look up a vid on YouTube when the first one opened day 1, it's insanity

They got some good but pricey burgers. Worth it imho

In n out uses some kind of shitty cheese that doesn't have the gooeyness you want on a burger. Even though five guys is more expensive it tastes better because they use a normal American cheese

hell no, for that price you can get two lbs of ground meat, good ground meat.

It's the same shit

Last time I went to 5 Guys a double cheeseburger, fries and a drink was around $14. It was good, but not for the price of a sit down meal somewhere else.

man when I was in england we went to 5guys. it was a joke. its like they dont spice the food there..fucking limeys arent even getting the real deal

I really like five guys. They're overpriced as hell though. I guess I'm lucky that I don't have to really care that much. They're close, tasty and easy

compare this with whoever runs 5 guys has big balls opening them up in Socal

Who here /venison burger/

it's probably the single worst place i've ever gotten a burger outside of burger king.

utterly confused why so many people seem to love it. everything is just absolutely dripping with grease, it's garbage.

local joints are always better. always.

>Five guys is more expensive than the specialty burger place down the street from me.
>Five guys offers zero variation in their burgers other than condiments
>Fives guys is greasy as shit

Why would I ever want to go to five guys? what is their x factor?

>but our food is also of a much higher quality.
Have you seen the macros from the "food" you guys sell?

Nothing, it's fast food for east coast fags who are deprived of in n out, the next best thing for fast food there in terms of chains are the regular wendies, Mcdonald, etc.

t. LA County where I have all major chains

>Nothing, it's fast food for east coast fags who are deprived of in n out
I have seen your in and out it is just as bad as five guys.

Their burgers are undeniably good. However as others have said the pricing is so high it borders on the absurd.

It's not worth it.

Did you ask for animal style? If not you fucked up

Even if you consider it the same quality as 5 guys it's half the price

I don't understand the hype for In N Out. I've had it and am convinced it's just because you guys don't have the taste of a Steak N Shake or the quality and religious shilling of Chik Fil A.

I'm I think chick fil a is also very good. I just don't lump it with 5 guys or in n out because it's chicken

I just wish their stuff was a bit more complex, it's great but something more than letuce, pickles, tomato, and cheese would be nice

>eating 2 burgers

fucking fatass

Gotta get that bulk :^)

You pay more because of shit like unlimited toppings, extra fries, and custom soda machine. It is a perception play. Unfortunately, everybody agrees that it is overpriced, including well-to-do people. The fact that they have a tip jar is disgusting. It screams "we don't pay our employees shit but you ain't leaving without paying at least $10". Honestly fuck them but they know that you will pay for it because it is most likely the convenient, consistent burger near you, which is why they've expanded x1000.

It's like Apple-- they know damn well that their products are overpriced, but this either A) enhances the perception of the product or B) doesn't fucking matter because the perception is already there.

It's good, but overpriced and their fries aren't very good.

You certainly won't get that from Five Guys let alone the other national chains.

>when your dumbass friend says Five Guys is "hands down the best burger I've ever had" and can't stop comparing it to other burger joints whenever you eat out

Anyone else tried the one in downtown Vancouver? It fucking sucked. Bland and soggy.

>the next best thing for fast food there in terms of chains are the regular wendies, Mcdonald, etc.

lol not even close retard
small chains exist everywhere and stuff like smashburger is newly popular (and 10 times better than 5 guys grease trap trash)

Meant to say major chains, my bad

Yeah I'm sure there are plenty great small ones