Perfect rare steak

How do I cook a perfect rare steak in a pan?

I usually let the pan sit on the fire until it's juuust starting to be searing hot, I put olive oil, and immediately put the steak in. Sear for ten seconds on each side (I like it rare to medium rare though), meanwhile I put a spoonful of butter on the pan, and tilt it so the oil and butter get together and I pour that over the steak.

Season it with salt pepper and garlic beforehand.
It's pretty basic I saw it on a YouTube video a while back and been doing it like that ever since.
And choose the place you get the meat from carefully, from price to quality of the meat to the cut itself.
Ribeye does it for me most of the time.

What does searing hot mean and u only cook it for 20 seconds total?

screaming high heat and depending on the thickness of the steak, between three and six minutes per side

don't listen to this fool, that'll result in scorched oil and a blue rare steak unless it's thin as fuck

With a side of ketchup

butter & olive oil is a good choice (olive oil raises the flash point of the butter). Clarified butter is better. A trick I shared in another thread today is to pat your meat dry season it and throw it in the freezer for ~10 - 15 min before putting it in the hot pan, that allows you to get a really nice sear. Make pan sauce from your fond, shallots, dry vermouth, beef/chix stock, herbs :^)

High heat (but not so much that it can burn), constantly baste with butter to let the heat seep through the steak.

Step 1 is to get an oven-safe pan.

Get the pan really hot, and sear each side (and the sides).
Throw some butter on top of it then finish it in the oven (~500).

you take a nice heavy steel or cast iron pan
you spray it down with sesame oil
you dry out the surface of your meat as best you can
you salt your meat and pepper it
get the pan as hot as it can be without smoking
put in the meat
flip after two minutes
wait two more minutes
brown the sides a bit
COVER, TAKE OFF THE HEAT AND WAIT
how long you wait depends on how thick your cut is and how rare you want it

Sear in the rear technique.

hot pan
oil
dry steak
salt pepper
in pan
always lay from you
turn
add a knob of butter, garlic
render fat on the side
off pan
let it rest
serve

Or, conversely, you can start it in the oven at 170 degrees for twenty minutes, and then sear it in a smoking hot pan for about two minutes per side.

>always lay away from you
Oath. Been dealing with this fucker for ~ 2 weeks, AND I got a staph infection from it, which means 2 weeks of antibiotics and feeling like shit. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT LAY MEAT INTO A HOT PAN OF OIL AWAY FROM YOU.

>carnist
>infected by MRSA
delicious karma

You just had to pick at it didn't you?

GR you magnificent bastard

Is that all oil in the pan? Are you frying it like chicken fried steak? Or is the picture misleading from my point of view?

Nah it definitely looks like he's fucking deep frying it

that cheap looking, fatty cut needs to be cooked slow, senpai