What is the most delicious chocolate bar you've ever tasted?

What is the most delicious chocolate bar you've ever tasted?

Toblerone desu

Honestly? Lindt coconut white chocolate bar. Tastes fucking amazing.

can't remember it's name
was something with sparkling candy and gummies

I think from cadbury
their chocolate is meh but this bar is delicious

I like Lindt and Ghirardelli alright, but usually end up buying Aldi chocolate. The 70% one.

This, actually. My grandparents bought it for me and it's the best damn chocolate bar I've ever had

marvelous poppin candy shit? yeah that stuff n2b desu but i think ive had better...

I didn't look like this back then but I'm pretty sure it's this one. At least I'm sure it was Michel Cluizel.

Ah, it was some kind of super-special single origin cacao Scharffen Berger bar from way back before Hershey's bought the company.

this

0/10

coffee crisp

Aldi/Lidl brand chocolate is actually pretty fucking good

I can't find any pictures since I can't remember it's name but there's this chocolate bar from the village in which my mother grew up in Greece that haunts me to this day. I've had two of these bars in my entire life and I still remember the taste, it's this super rich milk chocolate with the faintest hints of coconut and vanilla and the bar itself is thick and dense, the whole thing is just fucking delicious and I've never had any better chocolate than those humble greek bars

>be canadian in freedom land
>wow 1$ for 100gr of hershey chocolate
>unlike in leaf land American hershey taste like shit
>took me months to finish the bar
>happen every time I buy cheap chocolate in America

right?

it's waxy

J.D. Gross from Lidl represent

I remember seeing people talk shit about the lindt dark chocolates last time I saw this topic, what's up with that?

Wait, for real? American Hershey tastes even waxier? I always assumed it was the same shit

There's overpriced, gimmicky, small-batch, faggy artisan chocolate bars that are always inferior to a hershey's bar in terms of enjoyment

and then there's this. luscious, silky, creamy, buttery, fucking delicious chocolate. euros need not apply.

it was the exact same shit until 2013.

As an American, I'd love to travel to Germany just so I can piece together a crate with one or two of every ritter sport variety. Can any of you euro friends confirm how tasty these are?

or you could, you know, just go to any local "whole foods" type store

or go to amazon

Yeah, they're quite alright.

Well, I'd like to travel. I have ambitions and hopes still, I know that doesn't go over well on this site

Hershey's Original Bar

i'm not sure how that has anything to do with you being too dumb to find ritter sport in america. all those flavors are about 700 meters from me right now.

Maybe, but not me. So there it is. Apologies for sharing too much, it seems to have upset you

I had the cornflake one once.

I have never bought one again because it was the most delicious candy bar I have ever had.

>it seems to have upset you

>try to help you out by telling you it is indeed available commonly in america
>WELL I HAVE HOPES AND DREAMS UNLIKE YOU

just a really non sequitur response and i hope you don't do that in real conversation.

That is a great bar.

They used to sell actual wonka bars back in the day (around 2000 or so) they were pretty good but they discontinued them.

I'm pretty addicted to these.

Only had the hazelnut and the dark chocolate but these were really good

The marizpan is excelent. They have some interesting flavors jammed in there that can be hit or miss depending on your pallet. I had a cookies and cream one not too long ago that was pretty solid. Super sugarry though.

After reading a book explaining how chocolate is made, how it works and how you are supposed to eat it I went through a crazy phase where I was experimenting will all sorts of chocolate. My favorite during that era was some kind of really god damn expensive small christmas exclsuive chocolate bar. It had these fine ridges that made it pleasant to rub on the tongue while it melted and when the chocolate was gone it had these delicious gingerbread chunks left over to munch on.

Unfortunatly i have yet to see that chocolate again so my normal go to lately has been Lindt hazelnut.

I had a bit of an obsession with buying different chocolate for awhile. It's settled down after a few dental visits ;_;

Ah fuck! The magical hats bars were so good!

My hands hurt.

Green and Blacks does a 70% chocolate with crystallized ginger pieces. Its good shit, maybe you'd like it

We get them here in Canada. I don't think I've had a flavor I dislike. Their marzipan is my favorite.

I love Cadbury.

So much this, I'm always surprised by how good it is considering the low price. They offer a nice variety you can choose from and as far as I remember most of their chocolate is UTZ certified. Also, their couverture is top tier

I can't remember what brand of chocolate it was, but I did buy it at IKEA once sometime last year. I believe it was their Choklad Ljus brand, or maybe something else. But yeah, that stuff was rich as fuck. I think it's UTZ Certified as well?

the red lindt bar that is little squares of truffle

I've had a whole lot of chocolate too, still my favorite

Ghiradelli I had on a tour there

My dad used to give me this

recommend this to any brits who can find it

Hotel chocolat does some nice bars too

Hotel Chocolat refuse to deliver to my address after my brother 'pranked' me on April fools day by using my full name and details and posting them a bunch of dairy milk wrappers filled with cum and a note saying 'cadbury ruined by kraft hotel chocolat ruined by man shaft'. Shame, I loved that stuff.

That's unlucky. They do offer click and collect to UK addresses though, so you could try that.

Ritter Sport with cornflakes
the finest chocolate bar in existence

Can't decide between this and Bajadera.
Other chocolates just become pleb or overpriced chocolates in comparison as soon as you try it.
Can't get it where I am, thinking of starting to import it.

Valrhone desu

ashens pls no bait

Fucking hell, some people just can't get the hint. What a cringeworthy retard. This is why women should be direct and just tell people they're not interested. Though I bet they enjoy the autist's attention even if they find him repulsive.

one bar contains the caffeine equivalent drinking a 250 ml energy drink.

Another case of a manlet being simply unable to learn.

bit of a plebby choice, i know :(

Tastes like Swiss chocolate, costs as much as a Milka.

Quite good stuff, even though I've barely had enough of theirs to form a proper opinion.

Valrhona*, and yes, they indeed make good stuff. You're one of few in this thread with non-pleb tastes. It'd help if we knew what kind, as they make lots of different kinds. I find that theirs are often quite sour/tart, something I can appreciate but I prefer round and dark flavors.

Mine is a coppeneur bar. Somewhere between 60 and 80 %, I don't quite remember exactly. Maybe 66, maybe 73 or 77. It had jamaican or dominican chocolate, and finely ground blue mountain coffee in it. It was not in the least bit bitter, but so dark and round. It was wonderful. Sadly, they are no longer produced, but if you manage to come across coppeneur stuff, get it.

Love this stuff my dad buys it so i always have it when i go home.

I'm not huge into chocolate I've tried some nice swiss and belgium stuff but don't remember. My favourite bar to buy is Milka, i like the happy cow one.

Was a small local place called Kennedy's.

That "bar" has about 10% chocolate

I've never tried this and I do want to but I've never even tried vegemite before

callebaut makes great chocolate

doesn't come in bars though

vegemite, is like biting into an old sock.
You want that in your chocolate?

you faggots need to listen up, because i'm only going to post this once.. this is a proprietary secret of my establishment:

>roasted white chocolate bark

you take X amount of white chocolate, and you break it down into small pieces and you take 60% by total weight and remove it from the rest. for reference, 900 grams total white chocolate will yield an entire sheet tray worth of chocolate bark, so for home applications, i'd start with like 450 grams.

anyway, take 60% of your total starting weight and put it in a 400+ degree oven on a sil-pad or sheet of parchment paper on your half sheet tray.

leave it in the oven for like 6-8 minutes while watching it and wait until it looks like it's burning around the edges, then wait another minute or two til it roasts the melted mass entirely.

next, remove from oven, salt with maldon or another comparable finishing salt, and scrape it into a food processor.

turn the food processor on, and add the remaining 40% of either cold or room temperature white chocolate in piece by piece, as if you were making an emulsion.

do this fast, like piece after piece after piece. once it's all incorporated, remove contents from food processor back onto sil-pad or parchment papered sheet tray and spread it out using an off-set spatula or whatever and toss it into the fridge until it solidifies.

i promise you guys, this recipe yields 10/10 white chocolate derivative and people will be amazed by it despite how easy it is to make.. my favorite is to ask customers when they inquire about it as to what THEY think is in it, and give them the hint that it's only two ingredients.. nobody has been able to guess that it's just white chocolate and salt thus far, but they're always flabbergasted by it.

i'm this dude and we use pretty much only callebaut.. their 40% dark is perfect, and their caramel/milk chocolate is also perfect.

I'm a curious user, user.

Vegiemite and chocolate was a stupid idea

burnt chocolate and vegemite would probably be delicious, bud..

i'm going to try it and report back with results because vegemite is nasty af but that doesn't mean it doesn't have potential to be tasty when paired with something opposite

I enjoy the taste of vomit so Hershey's

Fazer Sininen is the nicest milk chocolate I've ever had. Y'all missin' out.

The best thing I ever had was in communist Poland in the late 80s. Probably didn't have much to do with real cocoa but it easily beat all the mainstream western brands I got to taste later on. I've been trying to find something similar for years, to no avail. From ridiculously expensive boutique Swiss shit to lowest tier Tesco brands, nothing even comes close.

Maybe it was imported real chocolate, it's worth a shot - does anyone know of chocolate bars where the pieces have concave envelope shape? It looked as if the form had a little flat pyramid at the bottom for every piece. The bar was thick, like Nussbeisser and I think darker than normal milk chocolate, but I'm not 100% sure.

Vegemite is delicious but adding it to something sweet just doesn't work, if you want sweet vegiemite get a bottle of promite instead

Moser Roth is great. So much better than the likes of Cadbury's.

cadbury is great.
pic related my favorite

>Cadbury was great, then Kraft bought it

ftfy

i still enjoy it. that may be because i don't eat chocolate a lot, so whenever i eat it it taste good.

The single origin couverture varieties Callebaut does are pretty stellar, right up there with Valrhona or even better.

It was better when they had more peanuts though.

I was legit surprised how good this was, the bar with the otter on it is good too.

A 99% dark chocolate bar called 'Noir' I got from an import chocolate shop in the next town over. Pretty sure it was from France, or somewhere in Europe.

I really should go back and buy more.

They had these in Australia force while, delicious as fuck

>Eating chocolates
Good luck with shedding those fats later.

We had our own version of the Wonka bar here in the US as well. Was pretty damn good. Only place I've always remembered getting them was Blockbuster, but it's gotten exceptionally harder to find any of these bars ever since Blockbuster went out of business a few years ago.

Cadbury's Dairy Milk with Oreo is definitely in the top tier if not my favourite.

>cadbury

Treat yourself sometimes, user.

No love for Mexican Chocolate?

I kind of thought you were just fucking around but decided to try it out anyways. Holy shit that was good. Thanks for that user.

Terry's Chocolate Orange. Every Christmas. Where did these go?

i'd never jerk you fags around..

but you really gave it a shot? did it turn out well? it's pretty much fool proof, except the yielded product cant sit at room temperature and is best held in the freezer.

roasted white chocolate bark is some next level dessert shit. such a complex flavor from literally two ingredients.

Man, I've thought about being a chocolatier before, it sounds like loads of fun. Do you make filled chocolates too? Do you have any specialties besides your white chocolate?

It was pretty damn good. I was nervous because I only had shit-tier white chocolate on hand so I was afraid it would't roast properly. It came out as like a crumble, pic related. I assume that's what it's supposed to do?

Also what this guy said. Any more cool stuff you can share? Or just stuff in general about what you do?

yeah that's perfect, then into the food processor and add the rest of the cold chocolate..

i'm not a chocolatier or anything, i'm a sous chef at one of the nicer places in my city so i've picked up a couple things.. i'd love to share the mole recipe i've got but my recipe book is at work and it's stupidly complicated (but also 9/10 mole)

Sounds good. Will try later user