>2016
>still not vegan

how does it feel to be eating total garbage, destroying the planet, and contributing to animal abuse on a daily basis all at the same time, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=63NNuG-6-hQ
cowspiracy.com/facts/).
fao.org/docrep/010/a0701e/a0701e00.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Feels good

shitpost supreme.
>I took the bait but you can't stop me from doing THIS

How does it feel to be congitively dissonant?

Because your veggies are all picked by abused transient workers who are exploited for the lowest dollar.

Your plastic faux-leather is derived from petroleum, which does far more environmental damage than meat production does on sevarl scales.

Oh, and most Arab countries use indentured servants to dig new wells, so there's also that

Also without the meat industry you'd have no large-scale natural fertilizer productions.

aren't you a debbie downer

If animals are garbage, why are you so keen to protect them from being eaten?

Vegans 0
Animals 0
Countertrolls 1

That's more of a problem with capitalism than with veganism itself. No one can be 100% vegan (read: prevent all unnecessary animal suffering). To be fair, most vegans fall for bougie neoloiberal products anyway.

They're very relevant to the "I'M MORE MORAL DEN YEW!" argument vegantards make.

True, but half of that is justified in seeing the double standards omnivores bring up (they wouldn't eat pets, okay with factory farming, environmental waste, etc.) and yes, half of it just ends up being self-righteous even though they're eating marked-up food that sell buzzwords and morality. It's a shame that it became a neoliberal masturbatory exercise.

youtube.com/watch?v=63NNuG-6-hQ

You don't know what you're talking about

Makes me crave ribs desu.
Do you know of a good dry rub or sauce recipe?

>double standards omnivores bring up
>they wouldn't eat pets
People have emotional connections to their pets. That's the point of a pet in the modern world.
>okay with factory farming
I don't see how this is a double standard. There is no correlation between being an omnivore and having a negative opinion of factory farming
>environmental waste
Again, there's nothing about being an omnivore that would inherently imply being environmentally conscious

t. vegan who doesn't like being called out about not actually thinking.

Fair point on the double standards.

If I had $5 for everyone person that's gotten mad at me for making Hasenpfeffer I'd be loaded.

I think he's referring to my point about the mistreated migrant workers.

If I were to say there's nothing wrong with factory farming (There is.), I'd be exuding a double standard of sorts.

For your statement, but I was speaking in general terms. Veganism comes from either an ethically (including religious) or nutritionally based decision which carries a certain baggage with it, while being an omnivore is the default or assumed position in most cultures and as a result is seen as completely neutral unless the individual happens to attach their own baggage (hardcore meat eater types, environmentalists, people who argue against vegans obsessively, etc).

Here's the thing. At what point do you distinguish a pet from another domesticated animal or even another animal? Pigs can be cute and are more intelligent than dogs, with the cognitive awareness of a three year old. And yet, because of dogs have been specifically bred by humans for certain traits (also horrific inbreeding during Victorian times), such as being specifically cute, messed up faces and proportions and so on, they are valued. At the same time, many pet owners refuse to spray their pets which result in dogs on the street and killing them. Pets end up being hypocritical when people are sad when they die and okay with eating a pig or cow that were raised in the worst of conditions.

I'm saying typically, omnivores are okay with factory farming. I didn't say omnivores have a negative opinion of factory farming, vegans do. In the end, omnivores that are guilty end up eating "organic" and "humane" meat, which is a sham as the conditions are only slightly better and it still leads to moral hypocrisy.

Again, I am saying omnivores, by default cause more environmental waste and many ignore it because they like their animal products. Animal agriculture is responsible for 18% of greenhouse gas emissions while transportation is responsible for 13% (link with included studies cowspiracy.com/facts/).

In the end, vegans have a strong point though they are marred by their own moral standpoint. It comes down to ultimately doing what you can. I understand omnivores because meat and dairy is actually physically addicting. And yeah, you could argue that you could eat meat raised as how they are in the wild and raw milk, but that takes up way more resources than factory farming and is simply not sustainable. Essentially, veganism is a relatively healthy lifestyle if YOU PLAN IT ACCORDING TO YOUR NUTRITIONAL NEEDS. 99% of people do not need animals to live medically, it's just nice.

>Animal agriculture is responsible for 18% of greenhouse gas emissions while transportation is responsible for 13% (link with included studies cowspiracy.com/facts/).
I know it's not as reputable as cowspiracy but the epa says otherwise.

Yeah, that statistic has been disproved as nothing but Preachy Vegans pulling numbers out of their ass to scare people.

Like antivaxxers and the list of things that cause autism.

"I don't know, pick a number"/"Pick a strip of paper from the hat and we'll run with it."

What's the figure? Not looking for an argument, just wondering. In any case, the point still stands that animal agriculture is a leading cause of greenhouse gas emissions. I am not saying it is the sole cause but any environmentalist who refuses to believe it is a sham.

>Here's the thing. At what point do you distinguish a pet from another domesticated animal or even another animal?
It doesn't matter where I draw the line. This varies wildly person to person. There isn't a solid line to draw anywhere that would be agreed upon by omnivores.

>I'm saying typically, omnivores are okay with factory farming.
>I am saying omnivores, by default cause more environmental waste and many ignore it because they like their animal products.
I don't see how this is a double standard in any way if most omnivores are okay with factory farming and don't care about environmental waste. Even if you were to say all omnivores were against the mistreatment of migrant workers, it wouldn't really be a parallel to what you're saying because you'd be comparing mistreatment of humans to mistreatment of animals/nature which the majority of the population does not believe to be comparable.

Your points would carry a lot more weight if being an omnivore was seen as being in the same bubble as being environmentalist or an animal rights activist as veganism often is.

Please read the study, specifically Part IV: fao.org/docrep/010/a0701e/a0701e00.htm

9% for agriculture and 26% for transportation.
>is a leading cause of greenhouse gas emissions.
No, the leading causes are things you take part in like the use of products that are produced via industry, transportation, electricity etc.
You posting here is not medically necessary for survival and contributes towards greenhouse gas production so why are you here?

It comes down to whether or not you believe it is fair to compare the rights of animals and humans. When people cling to their pets or fight to stop bullfighting or the like and ignore the much bigger problem, it's simply hypocritical. If we go on like this, it'll just end up being semantics so let's end it here before anybody has the chance to just name-call.

Again, regardless animal agriculture is still a relatively big cause. No one can be 100% vegan (stopping all unnecessary animal suffering). You are basically saying, why even try at all instead of doing what you can to justify not doing anything at all.

Veganism is better than sitting over there telling me I shouldn't even be trying. You have a point, a lot of what we do in the Western world exploits natural resources to varying degrees (and affects animal life in ways contradictory to the vegan ethos). Sitting there telling me I'm ignorant for not knowing the full extent is a fair and accurate call but now what? Individual choice won't solve anything, only systemic change will.

Systemic mechanisms look and act like they are separated from individual choice, and it some respects they are, but in others they are highly intertwined. Getting a few people to stop using exploitative technologies may not cause everyone to stop, but it may create enough of a market to encourage exploration that could lead to systemic changes.

In all, not an invalid post, but fairly simplistic and just a little bit unproductive.

>I'm saving the planet

No, you're eating a salad, you fucking moron.

vegans are literally morally superior to you fucking mongrel

itt: city kids who need to go visit an actual farm

agriculture by definition requires plants and animals to sustain

>being a vegan
lmfao

>how does it feel

Pretty good. Thanks for asking OP!

>2016
>still thinking you are doing something for the planet by being vegan

how does it feel being an idiot? if you wanna do it for yourself that is great, thats is your choice. just dont justify it with senseless junk. we are all inside this fucking machine and just by living in it, anyhow, we are supporting it.

wanna do fucking something? go live in a forest.

i have a vegan diet, but i dont brag about it and dont fucking use that word ever. fuck vegans and their faggorty.

>how does it feel to be eating total garbage, destroying the planet, and contributing to animal abuse on a daily basis all at the same time, Veeky Forums?

Look at your cell phone or your PC and ask yourself that exact same question, OP.