IBS general

Anyone here with IBS? I need advice on diet and general life hacks on how to deal with this stuff. If you have any go to meals or coping mechanisms please share.

eat a healthy vegan diet

Personally I need to avoid FOS/GOS (fodmap diet, the other components seem to be OK)

Other than that, psyllium, a ton of water every day, and dealing with it

GOS is dairy? Am I right about this? Is it all dairy? Do you react to fermented dairy products like sour milk and kefir?
What kind of vegetables and fruit do you avoid in relation to FOS? Do you have any dishes that ensure you get your daily veggies?

Have you been diagnosed with IBS? I ask because it could be any number of other things.

I'm not sure what I have, or haven't got, doctors can be fucked but here's what has helped me.

The biggest help has been metamucil. I tried another Psyllium seed and it didn't work. I've been using metamucil since February and the difference is amazing.

Before that I was using kiwifruit and using kiwifruit drink. Having bran, all bran, yoghurt, etc. But, yeah, metamucil has helped heaps. If I eat food that sets me off (pork) yeah shit can still be shit but when I avoid those foods that can set me off (and, of course, they don't set me off all the time...) and use the metamucil, I'm good.

Bumping this.
I have IBS and this shit is hell. I typically drink lots of water and avoid energy drinks. It helps, but any advice would be appreciated.

Insert 1 sugar cube in to your anus every morning.

For some reason this really helps with the cramps and diarrhoea.

Enema and anal masturbation.

I've been diagnosed but they didn't really do anything other than say 'eat right, google it'. Will read more about mecamucil. Thanks.
You eat yoghurt. Do you react to dairy at all or is it fine for you?

>but they didn't really do anything other than say 'eat right, google it'
God, that makes my blood boil! I suffered with this shit for years. I was told by one doctor "Go home and live with the pain".

Also got told "It's just your bowel habits changing". What? You are told to almost run to your doctor if your shits get shittier...

Anyway I'm not sure about milk, I'm funny with dairy stuff. I'm actually going to give it up because I think it makes my scalp itchy (and might be contributing to my thinning hair). I haven't had yoghurt in ages and stopped having cereal last year, partly because of my scalp but also because the bran wasn't doing anything for me except making me feel yuck as hell sometimes.

Straight up give the metamucil a go (I got the normal one, who needs that flavouring stuff?). It has helped me like nothing else and I can't believe I was never told to try it by a dcotor?!

Try a paleo diet. Ive had solid shits ever since I started, and drinking beer turned my insides to water the last 3 years.

You guys have any good shit stories?

I just deal with it. Acidophilus pills sometimes work.

about five years ago, I was at my friend's having some drinks. I would usually walk home, it took about half an hour to walk home. One time I was walking home and all of a sudden I had to shit really bad. So bad I couldn't hold it in. So I shat right on the grass next to the sidewalk in the snow. Thankfully it was 3 AM, so there was no one around.

I react to most starchy stuff and tend to lean on protein to reach my TDEE. Is it bad for me to eat loads of protein? I often get 200 gr protein or more pr day (I'm around 100 lbhs). Will it mess me up in the long run?

I have IBS, and some of the things that help me greatly are:

Water soluble fiber once a day.

Cut out caffeine from your diet.

Avoid greasy or overly fatty food.

Also, anxiety seems to contribute to IBS with some people. If you don't meditate, that's a good place to start.

How does caffeine affect you?

For me, it contributes to the diarrhea swings.

I recently started eating better (mostly to gain weight and to fuel a new workout regimen) and cutting caffeine out was the first thing I did.

No more massive swings a diarrhea, and eating more fiber has helped with the periods of constipation.

I've heard that IBS tends to be different for everyone though, so I don't know if this would help. It's definitely worth a shot. Try it for a month and see what happens.

Do you find yourself anxious and stressed?

Nah gos are galactose chains, FOS ditto with fructose. They're indigestible fibers that bacteria love, normal people have them in their large intestines and they just get gas, unlucky people have excess of them and possibly in the small intestine, so you get bloating and pain. The fodmap diet is worth looking into as a test, but remember it is not a bible, and not everyone has to avoid every category.

Like I have no problems with dairy but lactose intolerance is common I think

Mostly I just avoid shit like wheat, beans, garlic, onions. I like spinach a lot because its fiber is cellulose which is indigestible, but also not fermentable. I never really find a comfortable baseline, but at least most of the pain is gone

Really there are so many causes for ibs, I hope they research the shit out of it in the next decade because it seems like it's getting momentum. I would like to be able to eat real pizza again instead of absurd shit like gluten free pizza with gluten added back in

I have anxiety issues and when I get stressed the IBS is a hundred times worse. I try to avoid it as much as possible. Never reacted to caffeine other than it increasing the anxiety.

I do meditate and i find it helps a lot, along with exercise and good routines (do the same stuff every day, wake up and go to sleep at same time and eat at set times).

Have started eating fiber (psyllium). They don't sell metamucil here but they sell regular psyllium and it seems to agree with my gut. Thanks for the tip!

I've been recommended paleo by some people. Most of the stuff I react to is avoided on paleo but I react really bad to oils and oily/fatty foods too so it would be difficult to go paleo and not lose weight. From what I understand most of the calories in the diet comes from fats. The only fats I can manage right now is avocado and fish in moderation, and sometimes nuts. It's expensive and I can't eat enough to reach my TDEE. Any paleo life hacks on how to get around that?

I wish I could get my hair to look like that.

who's this semen demon??

I was told I had the constipation type of ibs. I have been taking fiber every day, and it has been working really well, but I had an attack two days ago, so either my diet is shit or I have diverticulitis.

OP if that's you I was going to say I want you to sit on my face.

But if you have IBS that is a little risky. I'd just suck you off instead.

>tfw have IBS so have to be careful what I eat or pain
>also have acid reflux
>have adult braces on top of it so I'm also limited to what I can eat with those
Just fuck me up t b h.

I bet you're real skinny

i understood that reference

I am pretty skinny yeah. I guess there are pros and cons to everything. Would rather be a skellington than the fatty I was as a teenager.