>Huge order for the national guard is placed 3 months ago
>pickup is today
>me be sous chef and long time bro be exec
>calls me to get there super early bc running late
>i agree and go unlock and get in
>forgot to disable silent alarm
>turn everything on
>forgot vents
>go downstairs in walk in to grab shit(walk in downstairs if lamest design flaw ever)
>be in the back rummaging thru shit
>cant find massive trays of prepped bake mac and cheese
>give up after like an hour (huge walk in)
>return upstairs to police and firefighters
>cops rush me and slam me to ground
>I WORK HERE I WORK HERE WTF
>rush me out
>national guard and boss and owner all outside
>owner was in office, got here early and threw the baked mac in oven
>turns out i didnt turn oven on, just turned it to 500+ degrees
>it burst into flame
>while gas grills were on and vents werent
>go home and lie in bed
>post this
How fucked am i?

Time to move or change careers.

I have an interview for a new shittier kitchen in like an hour.
Think im just not gonna go back.

you should DEFINITELY go back. even if there is no chance of you keeping your job. face the fucking consequences, bro.

You don't want them to assume it was intentional ... you done fucked up, it happens. Go there, apologize and handle the inevitable paper work.

I just blew over a grand AND a loyal customer that orders that same order like 5 times a year.
Theyre gonna work me over i feel.

Oh forgot potential damage to equipment and the fact they had to shut down for the day.

walk away in your srepe soles and pray god nobody trys to find you.

you have no recourse here whatsoever, run for your life
wait, who turned the ovens to 500? it doesn't matter but what exactly happened?

The owner didn't check the oven before turning it on and somehow this is your fault?

Doesn't matter the burden for employee liability in negligence is huge. He'll shout at you, he'll probably fire you ... that's all he can do.

Hell the client might not even appreciate him firing you, most people understand that shit happens. If the national guard contact isn't just a paper pusher I'm sure he has seen some major property damage caused by the guard.

The only think you can fuck up further is not going back. Yeah you might get fired but just ditching them is worse than what you've done.

Great idea, user.
>Go back
>They secretly record and manipulate whatever you say in a court of law during a carefully contrived conversation to ensnare you.

>Be dumbass
>Be unfortunate
>Be coward

Also: Monsanto surrogate pic on Veeky Forums...

I mean the worst he could do is try and chew you out real hard. Just ask if your fired if yes give his shit right back and walk out

the owner turned the ovens on
this dumbass just turned them to max heat because he didnt realize they were already on

have you ever worked before

Yes, I have and a coworker of mine was fired and promptly arrested for not going into a secluded room in the back with a manager where there would be no cameras or witnesses due to the collusion between the management and the police. All they could end up slapping my coworker with was disturbing the peace. I know well of the corrupt relationship between the law and business.

If you often have bosses which plan to stone cold murder you, you should emigrate.

This happened in America and there is no point in immigrating to the shit world.

what the fuck did he do?

I really don't know what set the assistant manager off that day but she liked to get into fights with employees particularly young female ones and this coworker would stick up for herself unlike many of the people there who had double digit years in. They were deathly afraid of having to find a new job so the assistant manager had her run of the place.

i don't get it

were you early or were you running late

why did you turn oven so high

why did you not turn on fan

why did you assume you were responsible for mac? did your boss tell you? why did boss do?

how did he get there first and not turn off alarm?

when police come why was he not arrest? why did he not speak for you?