Does Cumin powder belong in salsa?

Does Cumin powder belong in salsa?

if you like it in there then yes.

If the fresh ingredients aren't the most tasty it can definitely help, but I don't think of it as a standard ingredient. It's just not really "bright" enough, if that makes any sense.

No. It's good with beans, if you like Latino style rice and beans.

taco seasoning always has cumin in it and mexicans don't eat anything without salsa so I'm inclined to believe so

Not really. There may be a couple of exceptions, depending on what kind of salsa you're making, but cumin is more for cooking sauces. It's too acrid when it's not cooked, much like curry powder and turmeric.
It DEFINITELY has no place in guacamole, which drives me up the fucking wall.

No. Salsa should fresh tasting and spices like cumin make it feel 'heavy' if that makes sense.

But if you're making inauthentic crap that tastes like jarred salsa, I guess you can put it in there.

>Mexicans use taco seasoning

of course they use taco seasoning. how else will they prepare their tacos?

No, cumin goes well in many savory dishes so I try to use it in only specific dishes so it doesn't lose its luster

What about garlic?

...that's...

I have no idea, user. I just... I don't know. I need to go outside, think about my life choices.

Roasted and minced, sure.

Raw, no.

Kek

Who invited the "13-year-old girls from tumblr" crowd?

No. Never.

No, weighs it down too much & doesn't play well at all with the brighter flavors you get in there

>he doesn't put cumin in his guacamole
I was with you up until then, but hey, different strokes

No, it belongs in the meat

dunno much about that, but i know i belong cumin in your mom

eww no

Are you not lightly toasting your cumin before cracking?

anyway you made me get up and pop a raw cumin seed. I noticed a mild bitter taste around the 3rd note. But any tomato acidity is gonna cook that shit right out after 5 minutes.
same with the guac, the lime is way more powerful.

The only other thing I can think of is you got mold in your spices. Do you pour over steaming food, instead of doing a mis.

also if you're trying for a more hearty than bright salsa go for it, it plays nice with peppers.

something you'd put on something strong like smoked meat, that you'd want to cut the richness without clashing with too much acidity.

Depends on the salsa.

>this hipster shit. Wtf

Salsa just means sauce. It's your sauce, you do whatever the fuck you want with it.