KFC Comic and Fried Chicken Thread

Hi, Veeky Forums. Is food related /co/rporarive shilling allowed here?

Also fried chicken thread, I guess. What's your favorite franchise? Are all of them shit? How do you like your chicken?

Oh shit it's time for /co/Veeky Forums!

To answer your question usually I eat popeyes, but I prefer to make my own fired chicken at home, mashed potatoes too and so on. Can't beat home cooking!

I wish we had Popeyes in this country. KFC is pretty much the only big chicken franchise.

Encouragement to OP, gonna dl after work tomorrow because I'm passing out right now.

My advice is to get a big iron skillet or deep pot and a whole lot of vegatable oil then. Your own fried chicken can be a bit work intensive but fairly easy to make.

It's a little dangerous though so you're gonna want to be careful. You'll need eggs and flower, though you can substitute the eggs for mayoinaise (I probably spelled that wrong) and other substances.

worth a shot at any rate I'd say.

I thought Marvel was supposed to be the fun comic books and DC was just grim shit all the time? This is a blast

I'll try that one of these days and hopefully I won't kill myself in the process. I'm not very good at frying things.

not that hard as long as you're paying attention. You need a deep container for the oil, I strongly suggest you invest in some plastic oven mits or something that oil can't soak through. Also a metallic oil screen or a pot cover.

really the only dangerous part is you have like half a gallon to a gallon of hot fucking oil on hand. Long as you have a level surface and aren't a total retard you'll be fine.

Tongs help too.

honestly this surprised everyone, who knew a commercial for fast food could be so much fun?

Holy shit that was hilarious. Got any more?

There's still the second issue left: Colonel Corps.

This is the pinnacle of comics.

>he was wearing two identical suits

>colonel grodd
Wew

The end. I hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you for that

By far.

KFC needs to stick to comics and leave the chicken to Golden Chick.

Story time, whaddup

>MFW
Is this what comics are like now?

W..why is there a chicken one?, does he cook people?

Here in Georgia we also have Zaxbys and Chic FIL a but in my opinion Zaxbys is overrated as hell. Guthrie's is too. Chic fil a however is probably my favorite fast food restauran and deserves all its praise

I lost it when I saw the chicken one.

Former 770 here, the Bojangles in my town was pretty good. I'm in cali now, so sadly Rosco's is the only worthwhile chicken I can think of.

Oh man completely forgot about Bojangles, the biscuits there are the best. Say is in and out as good as they say it is?

I prefer smash burger or five guys personally. It's pretty ok though, Carl's Jr. (Hardees) has a California burger that's similar though.

>JLI reference

10/10

Funny, I've only read a Marvel book in my life (Power Pack, which is actually cute and fun) and I thought that was the opposite, what with the social hero outcast and dysfunctional hero teams being something their comics popularized. Meanwhile, not only is camp a huge part of almost every one of DC's characters, but there's also a fuckton of fun heroes and teams in their comics (see pic related for example). And even cartoons like Brave and the Bold.

Still yes, there's in fact a lot of grim shit but I wouldn't say "all the time". I thought Marvel had way more grim.

>I thought Marvel was supposed to be the fun comic books and DC was just grim shit all the time? This is a blast
Hahaha, funny joke user. Modern Marvel is all about pushing politics and 'diversity' while modern DC is embracing the fact that comics should be embracing batshit craziness.

>I thought Marvel had way more grim.
Marvel is all bullshit soap opera drama with liberal pandering to whatever is popular at the time. Back in the day they had no issue creating racist yellow scare characters and now they're making Muslim homosexual characters because it's the in thing.

>because it's the in thing.

Yep. Just like how the yellow scare characters were the "in thing" in their day.

I'm aware of the recent Marvel "diversity" trend, and how much shit they're getting for the poor handling of their properties as a result. But thing is, DC has been introducing "diverse" characters actively for a long time, Jaime Reyes, Ryan Choi, Kate Kane; (and more recently) Bunker, Duke Thomas Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz to name a few. And yet, since they either make them original characters, write good stories with them or just make them alternatives to other heroes, most of these characters are applauded and accepted by comic book fans; or at least they don't cause a huge fuss like when Marvel decides to swap Iron Man with a black girl. I understand that the problem with Marvel, on top of their pandering attitude is their atrocious art and how they replace old characters with new ones? So I think there's your problem, not the liberal pandering.

But I meant over the years anyways, I barely have read anything post 2011.

>Back in the day they had no issue creating racist yellow scare characters
Heh, DC had Egg Fu, a gigantic egg monster with a pretty stereotypical and grotesque Chinese face and when they brought him back in 2005, they made him just monstrous and scary, and eliminated his chinese accent. He was still Chinese, though.

> 2016
> KFC colonel still a white man

seriously, what the fuck?

This is DC, not Marvel, but I guess they could have introduced some more diverse Colonels in the second issue.

It's been the opposite for a while. DC has a ton of fun comics now, with comics like this, Reign of the Supermen, The Flinstones, and Future Quest being amazing reads. Marvel on the other hand, goes out of its way to piss people off. Their lineup has been atrocious for years. If it wasn't for the new Prowler comic and that upcoming Luke Cage comic by Genndy Tartakovsky, I'd have no interest in Marvel whatsoever.

POPEYE'S NIGGA

Batman is the source of most grimdark in DC. Outside of him; DC really isn't any good at trying to play grimness straight so most attempts flop and a new writer fixes things or there's too much comedy to take the theoretically grim background serious.

Marvel atm is about "realism" that isn't at all realistic because the writers in charge are retarded , view continuity as an "obstacle course", and (accidentally I hope) write the characters as legitimate psychopaths that would rather fight each other for months on end than save the universe. Couple this with the fact that they are legitimately (you can see the EIC say it himself if you look) trying to piss people off via making bad comics has resulted in a very grim mainline.

Eg Civil War II is about everyone fighting over a guy that sees the future when people from the future constantly hang around and the X-men have an encyclopedia of everything that will ever be for the next several hundred years to the point that they have classes on future history.
The "head" writer also nearly incapable of writing something that isn't a badly done rewrite of stories he read as a teen.

Humans are mostly extinct in that dimension and he was only making side dishes.

Only in movies, which is pretty funny

WB just can't make good capeshit

>WB just can't make good capeshit

WB makes pretty good capeshit.

Just in animated form.

And the TV series are alright I guess.

Sort of on topic, how big a pan do you need to fry things properly, and how much stuff can you fry before you have to change the oil?

What?! The clientele brought in by a fried chicken joint has increased crime in the area?! Crazy.

More information is needed, user. The size of the pan you need depends on the size of the food you want to fry, and whether or not you are willing to fry in batches or if you want to do it all at once.

>>before changing the oil
Depends on the food. Some foods contaminate the oil more than others. If you fry something that is really strongly flavored then that flavor will get into the oil. You may or may not care about that. I get several dozen uses out of the oil in my deep fryer before I replace it.

Can't wait for the Killing Joke.

SO HYPED

True

Animated series joker/harley are just great