Al/ck/y thread

>Favourite alcoholic drink to accompany a meal?
>Favourite drink to chill out?
>Favourite drink to get drunk?
>Beer or Wine?
>Are you an alcoholic?

Red wine.
Red wine.
Whisky, vodka or rum.
Both.
No.

Wine.
Gin Gibson.
Mug vodka.
Beer.
Certifiably.

can't drink and eat, ever.

hendrick's gin and tonic or scotch on the rocks

get me some decent rum/bourbon and a 2L of coke and I can kill a 5th every 2 hours until I pass out.

>Beer or Wine?
beer always wine is shit and professional wine tasters are full of themselves.

>Are you an alcoholic?
former definitely. much better now.

Beer generally or red wine if it's Italian or, for lack of a better description, a fancy meal.
White Russian
Wild Turkey and Coke Zero
>Beer or Wine?
Beer.
>Are you an alcoholic?
Yes. I do want to quit though.

>get me some decent rum/bourbon and a 2L of coke and I can kill a 5th every 2 hours until I pass out.

Jesus Christ. I thought I was bad being able to down a bottle of Turkey on a week night. A bottle of rum every two hours is pure degenerate. And expensive.

>former definitely. much better now.

Nice. Although I hope that rum habit is from the past.

Beer or wine depending what faire of dish it is. There's so many combos of alcohol to compliments so many foods.
>Favorite drink to chill out?
gin & tonic demonic
>Favorite drink to get drunk?
either whisky or vodka from the bottle
>Beer or Wine?
I have a taste for both. Depends my mood.
>Are you an alcoholic?
I'm an all-around drug addict, so probably.

>>Favourite alcoholic drink to accompany a meal?
Beer
>>Favourite drink to chill out?
Beer
>>Favourite drink to get drunk?
Beer
>>Beer or Wine?
Beer
>>Are you an alcoholic?
It's a family tradition

kraken and coke or jack and coke used to be my go to shitty mixers. I used to work 12 hour shifts and kill either a 5th or try to kill a rack of beer a night cause it was night shift and I couldn't ever sleep.

I know I can still casually drink a 5th in 3 hours and it just primes me for more. I don't like to be drunk I like to be blacked the fuck out but it's awful.

Stopped drinking on weekdays and I don't get shithammered anymore. I miss it but I feel 100x better but haven't thrown anyone down a flight of stairs recently or crashed my car on a yak run or gotten my face stitched back together recently so thats nice I guess.

Good work, man.

>favorite whatever
no it isn't like that anymore

I drink cheap wine from 7/11 until I pass out every night.
Judge as you will, idgaf.

Red wine
Gin or brandy
Tequila
>Beer or Wine?
Depends
>Are you an alcoholic?
Most definitely

depends on the food but wine for a nice meal, beer for takeaway and bourbon and coke for trash food
neat bourbon
Champagne
>Beer or Wine?
wine
>Are you an alcoholic?
no, rarely get drunk anymore and only drink on weekends now, my health and money are becomming more important now im 30

Red wine usually, sometimes a beer with a curry
Whisky, my go to at the moment is Lagavulin 16
Gin and tonic
>>Beer or Wine?
Beer
>>Are you an alcoholic?
Not yet. I drink most days because I like it, but can happily go weeks at a time without. Never really "craved" alcohol if that makes sense.

Why do the alcos ans responsible drinkers have to share a thread?

I don't think we'll ever judge you as harshly as your judge yourself, bro.

Sharing is caring.

>Sometimes a beer with a curry

Beer and curry is possibly the most perfect food/drink combination in existence.

>mixing rum and coke

whats wrong with that?

Day 7 of AA and sobriety. Starting to feel a little better but holy shit was that first few days awful.

how does it feel saying you are powerless, and hoping for a higher power to cure you?

Cider- apple, not the other fruit flavoured ones marketed to teenage girls
Cider or a Disaronno/Amaretto & coke
Rum & coke or a Mojito
Beer. Corona am bestest
Not really

I mean honestly after I start drinking I really have no willpower to stop. After 2 I'm off to the races.

That higher power doesn't have to be God. For a lot of alcoholics that higher power is the fellowship of helping other alcoholics get sober.

You sound like an edgy faggot

Where did I say Rum and Coke?

>Wine
>Beer
>Whiskey
>Beer
>Yes

I like white russian's but every time I drink them I end up black out drunk.

Yep, provided you don't use too much cream so they're too filling it's fucking easy as piss to knock them back.

>completely depends
>i don't know yet
>so far tequila but i'm not sure yet
>i've had some breddy fuggin gud cider , pic related
>i'm not sure yet

>> Old Fashioned
>> Single Malt
>> Top shelf long island
>> Beer
>> somewhat

Beer
Beer
Vodka with chaser or apple gin (sometimes with chaser)
>Beer or Wine?
Beer
>Are you an alcoholic?
Far from, I rarely drink

Soju
Soju
Soju
Liquor, my GI can't handle wine or beer anymore.
No

what's the correct way to imbibe Pimm's?

Pour it into a glass and top it with an inverted Australian rubbish bin.

The proper way.
Make a pitcher with Pimms, lemonade and a fuckton of garnish. Strawberries, wedges of lemon, lime, orange, sliced cucumber, sprigs of mint.
Drinking it neat is pretty foul.

This stuff has been my shit lately. Really easy to drink, tastes great over ice or with a little bit of water. Anyone try their other flavors? Sounds like they've got some pretty unique ones.

Beer
Cran vodka
Just vodka
Beer
No I'm just a binge drinker. Some would probably say thats a form of alcoholism but I disagree and only drink one or two nights a week. Staying away from it the rest of the week isnt a problem at all but once I start drinking its pretty much until the bottle is gone or I get too tired to drink more

I'm sober for medical reasons user. hopefully you'll find what motivates you.

119 today for me. Remember that shitty feeling. Remind yourself 100 times a goddamn day that none of it is worth going back to.

red wine
beer
rum
wine
i use alcohol to escape my problems. alcohol isn't my problem

beer
beer
beer
beer
ale

>Wild Turkey and Coke Zero
wild turkey is whiskey you doof

Just came down with the shittiest cold ever. A hot toddy makes my throat/nose/face feel so much better. Thank god for those alcoholic irishmen

Mah nigga

vodka + coke
vodka + coke
vodka + coke
beer
technically no, only drink

What are some good things to mix with vodka?

Pimm's cup in the summer is nice. There are much better drinks though.

Wine, but depends on the food

anything that isn't garbage

wine

normally wine but because it's my job. Beer is still cool

no

> only drink after meals
> dark and stormy
> homemade fruit liqueur cocktails
> beer
> probably

Coke zero
Cranberry juice
Lemon Squash
Milk and Kahlua

>a pilsner/lager or wine. You don't want beer with much taste with food. I almost always drink non-alcoholic drinks with food though
>Gose. you need a weak beer with lots of taste or else you're not gonna chill for long... you'll get drunk instead
>Absinthe
>Beer
>I'm a drunk and I can't really keep myself from drinking (because of boredom or craving) but I'm not an alcoholic in the clinical sense that I get the shakes.

so lethargic i can barely type. seem the older i get the worse my benders become. i'm in so much fucking pain i mean holy shit. i lucked out on a cryptocurrency holding and it's value rocketed to 200 times that i paid. decided to have an expensive bottle of wine to celebrate. 7 weeks later and for the first time i'm sober in the afternoon. i'm also thousands in debt, my house is in fucking tatters, i'm coughing up blood, throwing up constantly, haven't eaten in maybe a week, there are stains on the walls and fucking ceilings, my bed looks and feels like a swamp, there are broken vodka bottles and glasses everywhere, i think i may have to fucking throw my dishes away instead of trying to wash them and i'm covered in cuts and enormous bruises. last friday i spent 270 in 12 hours, on heroin, crack, valium and vodka.

if i don't stay sober today i will kill myself tonight. i mean it. i cannot take this pain any longer.

>wine
>leopold bros alpine liquor
>negronis
>beer
>no

>With a meal?
White wine and/or ouzo
>Chill out?
Bourbon on the rocks
>Get drunk?
Ouzo
>Beer or wine?
Wine in the winter, beer in the summer
>Are you an alcoholic?
Absolutly

Tony?

Beer
Bourbon
Bourbon
Beer
Not yet, but it's in the blood so probably in the future.

miller lite
basil hayden's
jim beam
beer, wine is for cunts
not yet

>Wine
>I don't drink to chill out
>Mojitos
>Wine
>No

frostbite and slavic profanity

wine

vodka

wine

>Beer or Wine?
both

>Are you an alcoholic?
I think so... I like to drink, and do it a lot (although I don't have withdrawal symptoms or anything when not).

wine
anything >40% abv
anything >40% abv
wine
I've had maybe 12 sober days in the last five years

>didn't fuck up
>haven't slept since i stopped... but i stopped.
i am sober. i've finally defeated this motherfucking nightmare.
brb celebrating.
>chug

>Beer/Wine
>Beer/Wine
>Whiskey/Tequila
>Wine
>No

I don't drink and eat.
Dark and stormy.
Anything strong I have on hand. Usually vodka or rum.
>Beer or Wine?
Not big on either, but I guess wine.
>Are you an alcoholic?
I don't think so since I drink rarely, like once or twice a month at most. When I do I binge though.

Been sober for 151 days.
But when I was drinking....

Beer

Wine

Crown Royal on the rocks

>Beer or Wine?
Beer

>Are you an alcoholic?
Yes but currently in recovery

White wine
Rum
Whisky
Wine
No

proud of you, man

thankyou anonymous. sounds silly i know, but comments like yours, i.e from people who presumably have experience of this hell and want to help others in the same position, really do help. stay strong user, we can beat this hell.

Aw yiss! I ended up putting mine in a decanter because I like the color so much and it ended up curbing the sweetness after a few days.

Depends on the meal. usually beer unless it's Chinese or Italian.
Mead.
Moonshine whiskey.
>Beer or Wine?
Beer.
>Are you an alcoholic?
No, I'm a drunk.

>margarita
>margarita
>margarita
>margarita
>no

never dealt with alcohol in terms of substance abuse (of course i drink though), I've dealt with other shit in the past and i know how hard it is. keep trucking user, it's worth it

I'm gonna feel bad for posting this.. but...

Vodka
Vodka
Vodka
Beer
Yes

Beer. Usually something light and crisp like a pilsner.

A good cider.

Vodka. Cheap and effective and mixes well with a lot.of things. Typically I'll grab a pint and chase it with something like Sprite.

Beer. I enjoy white wine and rose is nice in the summer but I'm not big on reds.

Yep. Really manifested itself in the last year to where I drink every day now, atleast a pint, usually more.

A nice red ale, preferably something more malty than hoppy. Not a fan of that bitter grapefruity citrus taste.
Neat bourbon.
Cheaper neat bourbon.
>Beer or Wine?
A good instance of one is just as good as the other, but I'll usually go for beer.
>Are you an alcoholic?
I don't know. Some days I wake up and the thought of leaving the house terrifies me so I have to ply myself with whiskey until I've gathered the nerve. It makes me feel like the person I wish I was, and that thought scares me.
I guess it's for other people to decide whether that makes me an alcoholic or not.

alcohol, heroin, crack, weed... anything. the only thing i'm addicted to is not being sober.

Beer
Plum wine and tonic
Gin and tonic
>>Beer or Wine?
Beer
>>Are you an alcoholic?
I don't think so

Gin and tonic
Gin and tonic
Gin
Beer
No

mah it took forever to find the drunk theread on here, from now on you should use the usual depressed guy praying to a bottle of whiskey pic ok. so anyway i sucked down like a pint of evan williams and im flying, pretty cool huh. i was sober all week basically, which isn't unusual, cause im old as fugg and i can only suck down shit on the weekend ok. Like normally i go to the gas station and get a couple tall boy beer's like a steel reserve and a busch ice on friday afternoon and i suck em down as quick as possible, i mean not no shot gunning brews contest or nothing, but just suck down a 25 oz in like 30 min if possible in order to prime the ol pump to get your old gag reflex to shut the fugg up so you can dump some booze down your gullet without it throwing up on you. So usually i would suck down a handle of vodka on the weekend, usually platinum vodka, and have a couple beers on friday nite to prime the ol pumpski and have a few beers on sunday to patch up and keep from hitting the ol wall from falling off the ol booze cruise at 90mph and having the shakes and the fear catch you, and you can usually get to work on time and only be slightly messed up, which isn't even from being drunk at all it's just from withdrawls, or brain damage from suckin down a handle every weekend for like 14 years, but oh well i met drunkaholics much more diseased and delerious than me who had it together more than me, that's pretty fugged up huh, oh well who cares huh take it easy you guys, i've got to tighten up and not be a degenerate delerious drunkster starting at some point soon, i've been drunking for like 4 weeks straight now, so i got to take a few months off, the older i get the more close death is knocking at my door when i wake up on sunday mourning with the fear and the first thing you think of when you wake up is the realization of the fact that you are mortal and YOU ARE GOING TO DIE ONE DAY lmao pretty cool huh. oh well cheers mommy lovers dont' drink and drive :D

There's another thread on Veeky Forums that has newfags dissing white russians, I set them straight for you guys.

You can thank me later.

beer
whiskey or gin & tonic, depending on the season
all of them
beer
no

wine, red.
beer
whatever there is on the spot, these days it's rhum because one guy I hang out with always drinks some
>>Beer or Wine?
both, depends on the situation
>>Are you an alcoholic?
I don't think I am, but it runs in the family so I try to limit myself

scotch
whiskey
whiskey/beer
Beer
No, I get a lil buzzin after work about twice a month.

>You can thank me later.
It's the flabby unshirted appearance, and two-handed impatience of the drink and caviar, that adds that extra bit of class. Nice.

>i am sober
*was.
fug.

Is that a bucket of salmon roe?

>roe
eggs surely

As an Italian fag, white wine for fish meal and red wine for meat meal. I prefer red wine rather then the white one for all the other kind of meals, except Street food / take away shit that I eat with beer or better with water.

>>Favourite drink to chill out? Red wine, a Primitivo or at least a Negramaro.

>>Favourite drink to get drunk? Brandy, Whisky, some bitter shit or vodka.

>>Beer or Wine?
Definitely wine.

>>Are you an alcoholic?
No, only heavily drink on week-ends or parties (not always)

?

>?
?
i think it's fish eggs, caviar or w/e. isn't roe fish semen?

No. Roe is eggs. Caviar is the salted eggs from specific fish species.

huh, ok. my fishmonger lied to me.
by "fishmonger" i mean a teenage girl in a supermarket.
i might try it in that case. the thought of gobbling down a fried chunk of spunk isn't terribly appealing to me.

I don't get it. Every day, after a night of drinking, I wake up and swear I'm never going to drink again, because it just makes me feel like total shit. But I keep doing it.

The key is to do it everyday. Then you'll forget what normal felt like and feeling like shit will become the new normal.

Whisky
Whisky
Whisky
Beer
Yes

>by "fishmonger" i mean a teenage girl in a supermarket.

You should never listen to what teenage girls say on any subject. Their knowledge of anything painfully limited and their opinions are absolute garbage.

>tfw i have OCD, so if I get drunk once, I have to get drunk again to cancel it out

I was off drinking for a while, but because I drank last night I have to drink again, before i can go off it again.

they feel nice though :3

Granted, but silk shirts feel nice and I'm not going to take advice from it on anything.

usually a somewhat sweet red wine, sometimes a local beer
any simple mixed drink with rum. usually rum and cold brew coffee these days
neat gold/dark rum or bourbon
>Beer or Wine?
I love both, but if I had to pick just one, I'd say wine
>Are you an alcoholic?
I am currently searching for enough spare change to buy my next bottle of cheap rum

just to clarify... nobody actually enjoys the taste of spirits, right? i mean i have types i like more than others, but there isn't one which doesn't taste vile. i drink them solely because it's so much easier to get drunk than it is with a legit nice-tasting drink like beer.