( Amazon ) Prime Day Deals; are you buying?

Do the cooks here plan on taking advantage of Prime Day Deals? I found some utopia home kitchen knives that are normally $300.00 for under $50.00 and am thinking of making a purchase after looking up some info about the product/company. What cooking tools would you be interested in seizing during the sale? Next pic related; the knife set.

Other urls found in this thread:

camelcamelcamel.com/Premium-Stainless-Steel-Kitchen-Knife-Set-Acrylic/product/B019W24HQ4
amazon.com/dp/B00PZU3AEI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The set itself includes •This 12 piece knife set includes an 8" Chef Knife 2.5 mm blade thickness, an 8" Bread Knife 2.5 mm blade thickness, an 8" Carving Knife 2.5 mm blade thickness, a 5" Utility Knife 2.5 mm blade thickness, a 5" Paring Knife 2 mm blade thickness, and 6 Pieces of 4.5" Steak Knives 2 mm blade thickness to be held in an acrylic stand for convenient storing of the knives. They are made from 420.

don't fall for their lies
camelcamelcamel.com/Premium-Stainless-Steel-Kitchen-Knife-Set-Acrylic/product/B019W24HQ4

Don't fall for the lies, OP. If they were decent knives to begin with they wouldn't be putting them on sale for so little. They're obviously just trying to unload their stock, and you don't want to be that sucker who ends up with sub-par garbage prominently displayed on your kitchen counter that you're going to have to actually use every single day.

Just do some research and find out what you really want. Ordering something you don't really want just because it's on sale is never a good idea.

don't. you'd be better served buying one good knife.

>8" Chef Knife
OK

>8" Bread Knife
Too short and the handle is not offset. Do not want.

>8" Carving Knife
Too short. And how often are you carving a roast anyway? Not to mention that can be done with a chef's knife.

" Utility Knife
Useless and redundant to the chef's knife.

" Paring Knife
A bit long for a paring knife. And let's be honest: how often are you carving fancy little garnishes anyway?

Pieces of 4.5" Steak Knives
OK

>>They are made from 420.
That's a pretty shitty steel in the knife world.

>Don't fall for the lies, OP. If they were decent knives to begin with they wouldn't be putting them on sale for so little

This. Either they have a massive markup or they're a poor seller and Amazon is clearing them out to make room for something which doesn't suck as bad.

it's a common tactic to sell cheap shit to impulse buyers, they set the price really high for a short period as seen in then lower it to still more than what it was originally, it's not even on sale.

i bought these

also should I buy that ceramic pan set?

Probably not. Ceramic pans kinda suck, and most sets of pans contain oddball sizes. Post link if you want a more detailed assessment of the set you have in mind.

I bought the 55" Samsung 4k Ultra Smart TV. After tax and employee discount it was only $618. To make this Veeky Forums related, last year I got a crock pot.

>buying new foodsavers
shoulda bought a tilia one.

I've fucked with the ceramic pans my grandmother bought and wow bad.

Feeling pretty tempted right now guys, should I do it?

Don't do it user. Think about all of the guilt and self-loathing you will feel afterwards.

if i can keep myself from buying 18 pounds of candy for $8 you can hold back.

i bought some of their knives a few weeks ago from amazon. the 5 piece set. they're really nice. you'll like them.

alright I'm holding off guys, thanks. If I feel the need to engage in smaller doses of self hate I'll pay the premium at the corner store

sorry, just checked and i bought a different brand. they look a lot like those. idk if those are any good

amazon.com/dp/B00PZU3AEI

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

DO I BUY THIS

I THINK I DO

I fucking hate that style of knives.

I remember last year they were selling garbage.

new kitchen aid mixers are pretty trash as far as build quality goes.

calvin klein undies for 17ea