Dear cu/ck/s. I am in need of advice

Dear cu/ck/s. I am in need of advice.
I have recently applied to a job situated in the vast polar wilderness and will have to suffice with institution foods while there. The thing is I claimed during said interview that I have no problem with this and am happy with whatever I am served.
This is untrue.
I am a very picky eater and I worry that my food preferences will degrade my experience in the beautiful lands of ice.

A selection of my principles:
All industrially processed foods is garbage
Pasta is like plastic and plastic is not food
Pizza is a sandwich in drag. It's trying to be fancy and I don't like it.
Bacon is a pointless food.
Bread is fermented grain and therefore rotten.
Dairy is fine, dairy fat is not
Foods mixed together is polluted
All desserts and candy are disgusting. Sweet tings are for middle age obese ladies.

How can I work around this to avoid melancholy in my new job? Any ideas are appreciated, just don't be a faggot.

I suggest finding a different job, you're going to be a miserable fuck.

You sound like a joy to be around OP.

Do you also have a melt down when people touch you?

I imagine you sitting alone in a corner, nibbling on a raw zucchini, muttering to yourself: "at least I'm eating real food."

Tempted to call troll, but I actually know someone like this in real life.

If legit, easier to list out the (assumably tiny) list of things you'll actually eat, then figure out how to get them or something like them. Baring that, just suffer or find a new job where you can get your kelp chips and sprouts or whatever it is you normally eat.

Also friendly advice: don't be that guy on the job. Lunch time is usually employee bonding time, especially on these kind of "out somewhere in the middle of nowhere" gigs.. eat with the gang, share stories, keep your autism in check.

Hopefully they forget that they sent you away to Siberia and nobody ever has to hear from you again.

You going to Antarctica OP? kinda been wanting to do a summer there.

No. Maybe.

My mother assures me that I am.

Yes.

I plan to bring a supply of foods I like but will not be able to bring enough to sustain myself during the entire stay. Every 2-4 weeks we will have a boat that will bring relatively fresh produce and other items. I have been assured there will be fruit. However this rarely lasts until next supply arrives and frequently the weather is so bad the boat will be unable to come.

I am aware of the social factor. It is of concern to me.

The job is not situated on the mainland.

OP confirmed for autist
Or more likely, troll... I hope

When you are starving and low body fat is making you feel very cold you will realise the point of all the food you have written off for stupid reasons.
An elaborate troll post otherwise

This too.

I worked as an embedded contractor with a logging company. Where we were working was hot as fuck, and even though I was mostly working on a laptop, the heat just wore me down every day and by lunch/dinner I'd pretty much eat whatever the fuck they were serving, and it tasted like the best fucking food ever (even stuff I hated/still hate). I was actually kind of surreal.

You sound surprisingly rational given your OP.

Seriously consider just eating whatever food they've got. Maybe bring some stuff you like as a treat, that's entirely reasonable, but can you really not stomach some cafeteria grade food for a few months/year/whatever the term is?

damn you're a fussy faggot, aren't you?

>I suggest finding a different job, you're going to be a miserable fuck.

doesn't matter. this dude is going to be a miserable fuck no matter where he's at.

why don't you grow the fuck up?

It would be a good idea to start incorporating things you don't like into your diet in advance so you can at least make the adjustment while in familiar territory. Accept as quickly as you can that food is more for nourishment than pleasure and that sometimes there's no choice but to choke it down and lie to yourself that it's good. Your taste buds and stomach could be trained to accept literal shit with enough time and commitment; being picky about food is not an inherent trait and can absolutely be done away with.

>eat during that time
no, they'll notice.
Claim you're on a diet.

it's easy, claim you're vegan and gluten free.

The fastest road to a good work environment

You're fucked.

you will not be happy, the other peole will not be happy to be around you, and even worse, the cook will not be happy to have a special snowflake like you...

its "eat or die" there... sometimes the supplie don´t arrive in time and you eat canned food for days .. fresh fruits? a few... and not in best quality

just let the other employees eat you, it's all you're good for.

Seems you have three options friendo.

1. Take the job. Stick to your 'principles'. People will tire of your bullshit quickly.
2. Take the job. Force yourself to adapt to your new environment.
3. Don't take the job

i think he already know this...

the question is: why he came here on a Chinese silk painting Board asking for advices ... Bait? or he expected that we send him some care package via FedEx I'm his ice hell?

Alas it is in the opposite direction. However, you should follow your dreams my friend.

I am on the spectrum yes

I am hoping this will aid me in adapting to the new circumstances. When push comes to shove and all that. I have managed to compensate on occasions, but never for more than a few weeks at a time, and it was not pleasant.

The question is not so much to stomach the food but rather to avoid melancholy.

yes.

Untrue friend.

I fail to see how principles have prevented me growing up. I assure you I am not underage.

You are making a valid point. Can you suggest a program on the subject? Or perhaps some advice on what foods are good to ease into adjustments?

I detest lying, friend.

I suspect it will damage the social environment rather than promote it. It would also be lying. See above.

No u.

You sound very dramatic. I assure you the security measures are satisfactory. No one has died there in decades, except for a man who liked to climb machinery and I believe he made his own circumstances.

I sense sarcasm.

Option 2 seem to be the most profitable option. I am perfectly aware that the fault lies with me, and it would be unfortunate if I made a bad impression on my future colleagues. Do you have suggestions on how to achieve said option? How would one force oneself?

I am asking for advice from people knowledgeable about food. Surely someone here must have similar issues.

How'd a fairy like you land a job like this?

I applied to it.

..up north, on an isle ...

i was in Canada far north in winter... ( NWT, Yukon up to the Arctic ocean driving on iceroads) and Alaska a few times

beautiful landscapes, dangerous conditions and a lot of crazy people

How was it? Please indulge me with stories.

>avoid melancholy
Maybe focus on other aspects of life. Not saying that to be an ass, I'm serious. Food is indeed one of the basic pleasures, but there are others. I used to be a major fatty and one of the major things that let me lose the weight was de-emphasizing food in my life. I still love a good meal, but my entire sense of happiness doesn't revolve around what I'm eating for dinner (and lame as it sounds, at one point that was practically true).

It sounds like this is some kind of dream job for you and not just a way to make a buck so you've got that going for you. Focus on the experience, focus on the people, use it as an opportunity to grow as a person, etc. The fact that you're eating microwaved frozen pizza for dinner again may suck, but it shouldn't be able to ruin your entire day.

Also consider that you may actually have a legit eating disorder.

Manual labor outside in the land of ice, and you'll be back inside scarfing down everything with no qualms, trust me. You're going to be worrying about quantity, not taste.

You make valid points friend. I appreciate this. Yes, the experience will surely be worth it. I would not have applied otherwise. I do not think I have an eating disorder though. I prefer the word eccentric. Also, my principles are not unreasonable.

You are correct, but my future job will not entail manual labour. It is a desk job mostly. Some outdoor research is required, but physically it is more of an aerobic exercise as it mostly involves skiing and doing calibrations. I am hoping it will increase my appetite some.

Stop being such a huge fag, that's my advice.

you are in Winter there? alone the fact the the temperature are so low ( we had around -35°c daily and -60°c as extrem ) you will burn calories and eat a lot more!

and a lot of drugs/alcohol problems up there