Ask all u want to a real italian cook

Ask all u want to a real italian cook

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c7Md4YR75qU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wow a REAL Italian cook, because being born in Italy means you're somehow less shit at cooking

Try to fix your car and pay a pro it's not the same thing..

When my goombah father is done beating my mother, is it safe for me to groom her waxy guidette upper lip?

I suggest to remove blood first

what is your favorite pasta sauce? what is your secret ingredient for genovese? have you ever had "proper" (that means ancient) ragout bolognese with veal and liver? if so, how was it?

Nice dish OP. Are you from the north or south? I have some calamari & mixed mariscos in the freezer (yes, yes, I know...), any recipe ideas you'd care to share?

My favorite pasta sauce is the classical "sugo" a real fresh and fast sauce with a really good and genuine tomatoes from our garden. Here we appreciate the quality and not the quantity. Pasta alla genovese u mean the one cooked in naples..with onion and meat? Yes i like the bolognese with liver ..and heart too but it's a really strong flavour.

Why is your presentation such shit?

Look its a good base to cook the same plate i've posted...but freezes it's not a good start for us in the south..usually we buy all the ingredients fresh direclty from the fisherman. Fry a little bit of onion and garlic and add sime fresh tomato..not the ones you buy in cans. When its barely cooked add all the vongole e cozze :) finish adding some white wine..and close adding some pepper and parsley

Hey, you ain't got no red sauce to put on this shit? Capish?

> boiled bread with sea cockroaches

Becouse fuck u thats why

Red sauce its not the common in every pasta plate..sometimes some fresh tomates works better

How do you make your sugo? Have you ever tried a tomato sauce with raw tomatoes (i.e not cooking them at all just blending them with a bit of cheese and herbs)?

being born doesn't but growing up in a certain country certainly changes things

Yes it is. Usually the results are better when you diy. Not everyone is helpless in this world.

Usually we use raw tomatoes but not blended and usually we use the little ones..becouse we use to say "they are more sweets". With a good olive oil salt, garlic in pieces and basil its a good base for a summe3rd plate..and bruschetta too.

true, but not everybody wants to spend X amount of hours prepping one dish.. it's easier to let the dudes cooking for a living do it for you.

ever make something complicated at home? fuck that; by the time it's done, you're not even hungry and you've got a sink full of dishes that you most likely haven't been cleaning as you went since you don't know what you're doing.

Are San Marzano tomatoes really that good?

If a recipe calls for canned tomatoes, I can just substitute it with fresh tomatoes right? Just gotta cook them longer?

Yes we use a glass one whit metal tap, and u cook a little bit thefresh tomatoes and when they are almost boiling u put all inside the glass pot, close it and the high temp inside eat all the oxigen, and u can store it for months. Usually we do it every year.

San marzano tomatoes are the most used for long cooking sauce. But if u prefeer afine and sweet falvour i reccommend the small and "spheric" ones..we usually calls it "ciliegino" ..becouse seems like a strawberry..paesa'.

Yes u can substitute, usually the small ones need a short cook time.

do you like tabasco

is it 'ok' for pasta

Do you know how to focus your camera?

It's too vinegar-y. Use proper chilies to make aglio, olio e peperoncino. It's delicious.

What is the most underrated delicious food from Italy?

It's absolutely not okey. :)

Do you have any Italian youtube cooking channel you like?

I think the most underrated it's the traditional raw dinners we use to eat in the summer, in each region there are one, but in the south, expecifically in puglia we use to eat a comb of raw plates, raw vegetables and cheeses. The most famous here
Is "frisella" a dry and hard bread, usually immersed in water 5 min before eat, with raw tomatoes, tuna, olive oil, salt and origan. Its simple but accompanied with a good local strong cheese, like pecorino and a good wine like primitivo or negroamaro, can conquest everyone.

what does authentic gabagool taste like?

>bread immersed in water for 5 min
Is that as disgusting as it sounds?

Immersed for 10 second, 5min before eat..dude.

Is it true Italians never cook garlic and onions together?
Is it true that when eating pasta the most important part of the meal is the pasta itself and the sauce is just a complement?
What's your favourite pizza?
What do you think about fusion food, like Italian-Chinese?

Fuck I read it as 5 mins too lol
It sounds weird but the consistency intrigues me..

That's like Dakos! Ever tried it? In older times people would sometime dip the hard bread in red wine as a snack.

i was born in a garage so that means i'm a better mechanic than the F1 ones.

1)no
2)no
3)crudaiola:base margherita with raw tomatoes, grated parmigiano added later the cooking and rucola and bresaola.
4)absolutely not

how fast do I need to throw the toppings at the dough when I'm making authentic napolitan pizza?

It's the same i was talking about..greece and south italy in the past influenced a lot each other..take a look to magnagrecia

Whats your pizza dough? Or yo you just addf ingredients by feel?

Depend what kind of flavour are u gonna do but what difference in the napolitan pizza (usually here a kind of dough more elastic and gross) its the time the dough stend for growing...and of course the ferment u use..usually the most natural as possible..maded with beer or acid fruits.

In the restaurant where i work i cook only first and seconds plates, the pizza it's a specific art who need years of apprendice here. Theres another guy who have a special recipe from his master and every day he prepare this dough. Many time ive tried to ask or rob him some tricks to use but its impossible.

lel, he sounds annoying. What's your opinion on Pinsa Romana and the "special" Di Marco pizza flour? I think they use a combination of different grains to make it.

What other dishes are typical of Southern Italian cuisine? I find it much more exciting than the Northern stuff.

We have to say the dough for make pizza and pasta its accessible to the most of the people here in the recents 50years. But before the war we used to eat more vegetables and legumes and almost zero meat. For example here we use to eat horse meat, cause its what we have, and a good dish with this meat is braciole al sugo..normally the sauce with pasta.

>vegetables and legumes
Are these dishes slowly being replaced by pizza and pasta? If so that would be a big shame.

Exactly but everyone know this dishes and use to alternate to pasta during the week.

I'm about to make some coconut coated chicken strips, what sort of dip should I serve with it?

Yhe one i prefeer its 100 % vegetables and the taste its really good. Its called fave e fogghie..mashed beans with boiled vegetables and peppers in tomato sauce..and some pieces of fry bread.

Usually coconut as u know its not used in the traditional italian cook but i suggest to pair a rice with vegetables and an agrodolce sauce.

>boiled vegetables
I love these, I've eaten them in Greece. Italy is the only other country I know that cooks them. Radish leaves, nettles, purple amaranth and samphire are all great. Which ones do you use?

Fava is delicious and is also nice with raw onions, capers and squeezed lemon.

Do you make your own pasta? If so, can you share an easy and fast recipe?

What makes you a real Italian cook?
I mean besides bad English

Ahah thank u

White flor..water and salt..mix all and do your own pasta..i like orecchiette but its not really easy to do.

Radish leaves!

How do you make your pizza dough? Is that resting over night shit really common?

How fat are you?`

da quale parte dello stivale provieni?

How fat is your mom? Why does she talk so loud and hate other immigrants despite being only a generation or too removed from being an immigrant that was treated with extreme racism?

The natural one yes of course, the chemical one need only 1hour.

Im not fat

this is not /b/

What do you think of Jacques Pépin?

Okay so there was this one post in an archived thread that I cant find anymore; I kept it open in a tab but my pc shut down for some reason and now it's gone. The thread was just a couple of days ago, here on Veeky Forums, I believe it had 20+ posts and was about chicken, and the post talks about rubbing chicken with three spices (tumeric and kumin and koriander, I believe?) and olive oil.
He also talks about how great the Middle East and Asian people are with making rice and cicken taste good and he recommends picking up a Japanese cook book.

Could you link me to said thread again?

>hey, you said ask anything

Most over-rated chef ever.
The fact that Veeky Forums thinks his omelette making technique is a mystical art tells you all you need to know about this board really.

By Italian cook do you mean you cook Italian food, or that you are an Italian who cooks?

Hey it's really annoing..every time have to demonstrate who i am e what i do..im italian and im a cook chef of an italian restaurant in the south italy. I don't say i'm gordon fucking ramsay..so if u don't like it gtfo.

I'm Italian as well
1) You can cook them togheter, just be careful since garlic is easier to burn
2) pasta and its sauce should be considered as a whole, a bad pasta can ruin the dish and vice versa
3) If the pizzeria uses really fresh ingredients and the cook is conscious and capable, then a margherita (tomato sauce, mozzarella fiordilatte, NOT bufala, basil and EVO oil) is the best
4) I don't mind it as long as everything is prepared with care and common sense

Why are Italians so obsessed with pellegrino

>a real Italian cook

youtube.com/watch?v=c7Md4YR75qU

how do I make tomato bruschetta?

when using the moka pot, do you pre heat the water and the top chamber do you just rinse it with hot water to leave coffee oils for the next batch.

When boiling pasta, do you add oil to the water to prevent the pasta sticking while cooking?

I used to do this, but I've stopped since I don't think it helps at all.Just don't overcrowd the pan is my motto.