So basically, I am suppose to invest in something the gov can shut down any second?

Are you people seriously retarded? This crypto shit will end badly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6PKyDd1wSIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They can't shut it down though, so, aren't you fucking retarded.

what government is that? american? asian? european? zimbabwe? russian? canadian? swedish?

that's why i hold bitcoin and short it in equal amounts at all times

>They can't shut it down though, so, aren't you fucking retarded.

Proof? They make it illegal to use any major company to buy it. Then it is even more useless

USA, says it is illegal to buy crypto through any major company or site. That is all it takes to kill it.

Why would that be in their best interests?

banning crypto would make it more valuable in the long run you fucking mongoloid which is also the reason they aren't going to do it

burgers banning crypto and letting the rest of the world have it?
doesn't sound like something they'd do.

Wow honestly if you're this fucking retarded I don't want you to buy any crypto. Go trade baseball cards stupid fuck.

I swear you mutts...
Yeah, just like your kinder egg ban.

the SEC just doubled down on the notion they are deliberately going to leave it as unregulated as possible in order to encourage the blockchain industry to base itself in America. The only thing they will be going after is ICOs to some extent. Thank god for Trump. The second a liberal gets in im selling 80% of my stack though.

So if I write any number on a piece of paper I'm I have that amount of money?.......Because that's what bitcoin is.

The SEC literally had a hearing in the last month where they were jerking themselves off about crypto. They said Bitcoin and other established majors were fine since they work as assets and that the only problem were ICOs. Still, the only reason that ICOs are problematic is because they're pseudosecurities that aren't registered with the SEC.

Really no biggie. Not like the SEC is telling you it's illegal to invest, more like the SEC is telling ICOs it's illegal to not be registered under them under U.S. law.

The government can shut down ANYTHING any second, goy.

mmm, yes? why else would i hang at biz

Guess what will happen, when some countries are banning it and others are allowing it. Fuck you lose a whole future markt segment.

Therefore nobody is banning it and even the slighest rumour is getting reversed very quickly.

No they can't ban crypto without shutting down the internet but they can ban centralized exchanges which would drop prices to near zero because normies aren't going to buy btc from some shady guy illegaly.

No. But that's what any existing currency is, you nigger.

>being this much of a brainlet

Fucking idiots who don't know anything about the technology are absolute trash; literally the ones that fuel the vaporshitcoins.

kinda like torrents, eh

Free markets are amazing, but only in one do you realize how much people are accustomed to mama government holding their hand instead of them looking into the product/asset themselves.

If you're worried about that then buy XRP (won't shut it down) and XMR (can't shut it down).

Quite literally, seeing the meeting through rose tinted glasses because you have money in it. It can be completely shut down through one country with a law being passed think about how shitty that really is as an investment. It is not like you are investing in something like bread and water that can not be taken away. This is why buffet was right and the retards on here are never going to get rich.

youtube.com/watch?v=6PKyDd1wSIA

>he thinks they will give up the tax revenue
>he thinks wall street isn't taking control of it
>he thinks the govt will ban exchanges and allow me to sell my stack on localbitoins for 50k a pop

Well, it's kind of legal now. At least we don't have violence in video games censured and "holocaust denial" isn't illegal.

user,
look into the 2013 or 14 cypus banking incident where they closed bank accounts for a week & removed funds... then look at the price of bitcoin for that time period. notice anything?
you trust your government way to much if you think you are immune for that.....

He is still right though. It can be taken down there is no proof to the opposite

And what is your point. Banks are not even a solid investment because you can live with out them and if they collapse people would get buy on eating sperm or fucking cannibalism. You are comparing apples and oranges. How the actually fuck are people going to be dying off or not able to live with or with our crypto.

Stay poor then faggot

>implying faggots are not getting poor making shitty investments in shit like meme bucks.

Look at the amount of niggers who sucked dick and sold there food stamps to put money in bitconnect

Who the fuck would buy your bitcorns for 50k a piece if exchanges were shut down.
Even if there is one fake news article about bans it will drop the prices as we have seen in the past and you still think somebody would wan't to buy your shitcoins at 50k a piece with cash illegally. Most of the people are in this to make more fiat not to acquire and use some useless tokens.
They probably aren't going to ban crypto but they will try to regulate it and it will crash the market at some point.

have you bothered to actually look for any?

Again you show how much of a retard you are. This is a blockchain on a global scale, it doesn't matter if 50% of the nodes go down, it's literally why decentralization is such a big meme. South Korea can ban Bitcoin and the price can go down, but people will find ways to buy it. After all, making an asset illegal is also a way to make it valuable. That being said, there is absolutely no indication that Bitcoin is seen as a threat or damaging asset even in that edited video of the SEC hearing (you can edit anything and splice parts to make it look worse than it is).

You sound absolutely paranoid. You don't have to buy you know? There's a reason it's called the Wild West. It's cause chickenshit niggers who don't know left from right get gunned the fuck down. Like Bitconnect and all who invested in them.

The government can and have shut down gold trading and stock trading before. Every investment can be shut down in some way but crypto can still be traded without gov approval unlike stocks.

>Who the fuck would buy your bitcorns for 50k a piece if exchanges were shut down
people buying drugs on darknet markets you brainlet

>This is a blockchain on a global scale

So what is your point? I don't even believe the "Block chain" is infallible like all these fucking meme bucks and programmers are making it out to be. Once someone finds a kink in the armor or it buggs out like programs on computers commonly do then what?

Yes they are, I have talked to some of them and they have no clue about basic economics. They just repeat the same buzzwords master scammers says. Block chain, evil government, the future, fiat.

>You sound absolutely paranoid

You did not disprove the statement. Ad hominim does not disprove a valid point.

torrents are not illegal.

torrenting copyrighted material very much is

dude at a certain point they even basically said "who the fuck cares" when it came to regulating it since no one gives a fuck in wall street either. Its not rose tinted glasses, I was paranoid going into it and was surprised to hear what they had to say. Even for the ICOs they said they would "try" to go after them but if the ICO is based outside of America they have no jurisdiction. They don't give a fuck. When America wants something they will be conniving corrupt bastards who ignore all regulations to allow a company or industry to thrive, until that industry is based in America, at which point they will begin to regulate it since it will be in its grips. Crypto will be dogshit 5 years from now, trust me. Until then, we have a solid 5 years to make as much money as possible before it becomes as regulated as the stock market.

That's because you're a contrarian brainlet who hasn't looked into the technology. You don't "believe..." Gimme a fucking break, I know what it takes to break Bitcoin because I've actually looked into it. Bitcoin's weakness is quite literally a fully-functional quantum computer.

However, when we realize quantum computers for the everyday. everybody else will be fucked too because that means the encryption on all your fucking accounts are ass and they can be broken by quantum computing in a matter of seconds/minutes.

Jesus christ, I'm about to start hanging around /g/, since I don't trade in the first place and all I do is HODL. The amount of fucking idiots on blind faith here is too much, rarely do I find someone who genuinely knows about the technology they invested in.

>TOMORROW THEY CAN WAKE UP AND SAY NO

You are still not disproving anything. I get you are heavily investing in meme bucks so nothing I can say would ever make you think other wise because your bottom line depends on it. Look its like all the people who have fucking crytpo youtube channels saying they are bullish on crypto or people who own walmarts saying target sucks.

>literally. You are not making sounds logic based on reality.

Oh and just so you know, there's already people working on quantum-resistant encryption. I'd better stop using big technological words though, lest you start "believing" that my argument is infallible like all these fucking meme bucks and programmers are making it out to be.

Go back to /plebbit/.

Prohibition makes prices go higher. See drugs/alcohol.

When the financial capital of the world wants it banned, that's when I'll start worrying about its future.
Until then, you faggots can have all the hearings and bullshit you want. Won't matter a jot to the rest of the world.

>he thinks dark markets don't and can't exist in the event of gov control

I'm not German you dingus, but I agree that those rules are retarded just like how you guys throw a autistic fit whenever a nipple is visible

>who hasn't looked into the technology

No I use fucking technology and I know damn well it fails.

You people are full of logical fallacies it hurts.

The more I talk to people who are into cyrpto the more I understand that its more of a cult then a solid investment.

you missed the whole god damn point brainlet. if they shut exchanges down prices would tank temporarily then shoot up again on local OTC markets to keep feeding the darknet market transactions.

I'm just taking things as they go. As of right now they signaled they don't care. I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Should I be paranoid of something there's no evidence of?

re-read what you just wrote. looks like you missed the point, fuckwit.

>Prohibition makes prices go higher. See drugs/alcohol.

Yeah, on items that give you a dopamine rush that has a biological use. This is not the same once again apples to oranges.

I don't even know anymore I just thought bitcoin would give me a gf and I am still alone senpai

I'm a homicidal maniac, can i buy a gun
> Certainly!

I have a chance to take monetary proceeds from another country, cash out in our economy, whilst also lining your pockets by you taxing me from my capital gains.
> Ban It!!!!

actually they could easily shut down the exchanges over night if they really wanted to. despite what you crazy ancaps might believe. crypto is no threat to fiat. in fact its pegged directly to it. otherwise how else would you determine it's value?

why do you nigger retards always think as if BTC is everything? BTC this, btc that. BTC is a shitcoin, there are numerous other crypto currencies with actual technology that could by 2020 be very common, just look at vechain for example, thinking that wont be implemented globally by 2020 means that you are a branilet. kys pls

>torrenting copyrighted material very much is

Yeah, but would you invest in torrents considering it could be shit down just like shit coin. Probably not.

NOBODY IS ASKING YOU TO INVEST YOU FAGGOT.

Just because you USE technology doesn't mean you KNOW shit about it.

Just because Samsung programs your shitphone to die 5 years in with all the bloatware in it doesn't mean that same parallel can be applied to a decentralized public ledger.

The only reason you're here from what I can see is because you want to validate not taking a risk in your boring ass life.

>I am supposed to invest

You're not supposed to do any of the fucking sort. Personally I'd be happy if we had less brainlets and more intelligent discussion, but then we have normies like you coming in here thinking they know what they're talking about.

Saying "logical fallacies" over and over doesn't make your shit points any right. I'm done writing, anybody following this meme can clearly see how stupid you fucking are.

And since I'm not in a benevolent mood today, anybody who has doubts about crypto after doing so-called "research," don't fucking invest. Just fuck off.

I DID NOT SAY BTC

ARE YOU RETARDED. Just look at this thread you make one solid point and 20 people come out chimping out.

>decentralized

What does that really mean? No one to complain to or fix it when it goes bad. No technical support team. Some of these fucking products I looked into that have value don't even fucking work. Just basic shit like downloading or opening a wallet but the meme coin is worth two million bucks or some shit.

>tfw this is retarded.

It really is over inflated tulip mania

if banks are not a solid investment (i agree) how do i invest 'money' in your world? gold,ect?
the american gov. took the gold off the ppl after the great depession, the gov. stole ppls gold!
by your way of thinking how do you even have internet? the gov could shut it down at any momment....
with the 'value' of crypto there will be some countries in the world that you can trade it at.
>You are comparing apples and oranges
no, i am not you said the gov could shut crypto down at any moment, my point is they can close down anything in a moment...
i keep my crypto with me not on some exchange its mine how can they take it? if tehy ever did i would leave the country.

>tfw I can't tell you what to invest in.

I know some of it is luck like picking a fucking race horse. You just need to pick the fucking horse can is least likely to break a leg. Then maybe you get a fucking good return.

The more I look into crypto the more I realize it is a stud that is fast but has faulty legs. But fine me people who invested into this shit coin that would say negative things about it that is probably harder to find then a solid investment.

on your race hourse comment. why are the returns so crazy high? cause it is a risky investment. the risk v reward situation. to me the tech is proven, new projects come along adding to the idea, you buy them cheap & hope it all works out or you wait till its a bit more proven and pay a higher price, if you don't like it stay out, personally i love it. I have followed btc since 2012, even bought some back then to buy drugs. i have watched the rise, the ppl who thnk its crap don't invest, they just watch the price rise over time.
to me it is one of the best hedges agaist the system, which i think is coming to an economic crash soon...
best of luck user
Best of luck user

>it's valuable because it's illegal

No, It has nothing to do with risk.

It has everything to do with hype.......... Think about it.

It’s just a protocol, same as torrents. It cannot effectively he regulated at all

>No, It has nothing to do with risk.
>hype
Why do stocks have 'value'? is it just hype then?
why does gold have 'value'? Ok gold has a use in computers but the price is high bc people buy jewlery and other things that conatin gold. it must be hype!
how old are you user? cause it seams like you lack an understanding of the world. you also offer no alternatives

LOL that's one way to put it but if you weren't such a brainlet you would know that the SEC and CFTC don't want to shut it down. But again, you wouldn't know that since you are brainlet.

guys i got rid of him, he actually doesn't know what he is talking about. he admitted not knowing shit through acquiescence
SAGE

I am fucking older then half the board unless someone is fucking 60 years old here....

Literally I was probably your age during the dot com bubbles.

My solution is diversify depending on what you really think can be a good horse.

Don't put all your money in crypto put some in companies that have been around much much longer just to insure you won't get majorly fucked

fuck you desu

Invest in security based tokens or trust backed tokens like boldpure, faggot

Fuck off old homo, you dont know shit.
Go die already boomer scum

>Go die already boomer scum

you are reading this thread and bothered to fucking respond. Time is money, if you know anything about anything considering this board is about money. So you must value my comments to waste your time here obviously.

Fuck off grandpa, Veeky Forums isnt the place for you.

now we know why your a fuckin tard, your a fuckin boomer!
your advise 'companies that have been around for a while' i will buy some, but not at todays inflated prices, in a couple/few years when your pension is worth pennys on the dollar.
hold tightly to your system as it comes tumbling down around you, don't worry we will fix the mistakes of your generation.
SAGE
BYE boomer

>literally, still responding taking up your time then claims to understand business

You are not going to make it user.

Hurrrr durrr muh erc20 token will be implemented globally
Everrryone will use it u retards
Hurrrr

i am getting paid right now, just shit posting.
go look up the 'grace commission' learn what they have been doing with your taxes
go read 'the creation of money' by the bank of England see how they are creating more debt for future generations.
stay ignorant

why would they ban it, it's a perpetual ponzi scheme where financial institutions pump btc then dump on the retards that fomo ATH, rinse and repeat, governments love financial instutiotions remember?

Holy fuck you truly are a retarded brainlet. Please don't buy any crypto for your own sake. A retard like you is bound to lose your money.

Fucking hell, why are retarded boomers visiting biz these days? what the fucking fuck?

>boomer

Now it all makes sense, stick to index funds and a 401k grandpa. This stuff can be a little hard to understand for someone who thinks doing a crossword in the city paper is a good brain teaser.