CHAINLINK

Can someone direct me to evidence that Veeky Forums was actually shilling Ethereum long before it was popularized as a blue chip crypto?

I want to believe LINK can hit $1,000 EOY, but it really is nothing more than a meme coin at best and a scamcoin at worst. I don't see the moon potential. Enlighten me, stinky LINKies? Are you all paid shills/pajeets? What's going on?

Just trying to decide if it's worth it to buy 10k LINK rn

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2018/02/20/cryptocurrency-investors-wade-into-dark-pools/
warosu.org/biz/thread/S1554039#p1554445
warosu.org/biz/thread/1948248
medium.com/@cl_thodges/chainlink-white-paper-section-6-long-term-technical-strategy-b5c5e199ddfa
youtube.com/watch?v=MfH1B85YyFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I swear LINK makes me want to leave Veeky Forums, this is a scam dude holy shit how naive are you? Biz didn’t even exist two years ago how could they have shilled ETH @ 10 usd? Use your brain

let him waste his money. he has to learn the hard way

This
Don’t actually buy, it’s just an elaborate joke. No one actually owns LINK on biz

Can you explain why it is a scam? Why should I believe you over Link shills?

>it's a scam that has a working product
Nice try JUSTin Sun. No one believes you anymore after Tron.

I get payed to shill LINK, AMA

It's not. Those are stinky linkies who want to accumulate cheap LINK.

Biz was around two years ago... I was scamming retards on here in 2013...

I've been here since the very beginning.

People were talking about ETH when it was around $7, but not before.

It's a fucking erc20 token lol. It's worthless, OP.

alpha mainnet is out so i dont think its a scam
but the lack of interest from anywhere despite Veeky Forums is really off putting
of course they try to reason it by beeing some kind of conspiracy
also every criticism gets instantly turned into a pasta and then into a meme instead of debunked
but i think it makes people here feel kinda special

The Stinky Linkts falsely and erroneously claim that Veeky Forums also shilled Ethereum as pathetically as they are shilling LINK. Sadly, this ain't true. No evidence.

No buy. Link is a scam.

RIP LINK!

Veeky Forums told me to buy eth at 10. I listened and now I'm a stinky linky.

> I want to believe LINK can hit $1,000 EOY
I want to bet against this, tell me how we can set it up.

If only we had a solution to the oracle problem
hmmmmmmmmmmm

sir i have a big recommendation for you sirs

ethorse is a shitcoin i traded to get a bunch more link. but its most likely a scam

Nobody cares if you buy. Go read the whitepaper yourself, we don't have to spoonfeed you.

>but the lack of interest from anywhere despite Veeky Forums is really off putting
Where exactly Link should be getting attention? Can you point a altcoin which is getting attention outside Veeky Forums and reddit?

Let me respond you as an programmer. I have read the whitepaper and watched the conferences, so here is my take:
> naming such as: oracles, sources, ...
reinvented the wheel, just pure marketing
> SGX (Intel Software Guard eXtensions)
1. only available to the newest CPUs
2. there are big security flaws currently in the SGX enclave that needs to be fixed by Intel, not reliable at the moment
> copy/paste + refactor academic whitepapers to suit the smart contract mdidleware
in the three days searching certain paragraphs in this 'whitepaper' I have found out huge resemblances with existing ones from the research domain of universities

As our fellow friend, Vitalik Buterin said, this is purely manipulation by the masses that accumulated the tokens related to this charade and abuse of social media in order to convince other people into this scheme unaware of the consequences.

Either if you think that this is a meme or not, be aware of the consequences when everything falls apart this year and do some extended research into the whitepaper and you will be surprised of what you will find.

holy shit lol

link is doomed, that's all the fud I need right there in 5 words

You are literally retarded if you Think LINK can hit $1000.
Link will maybe hit $10

Leave now and kys, faggot.

Biz didn't exist in 2013 either retard

All you have to do is join the slack and it'll confirm that this isn't come fake pump and dump.

Here's one that finished its ICO last month and got written about in the Wall Street Journal.

blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2018/02/20/cryptocurrency-investors-wade-into-dark-pools/

Dont forget that theres simply no way LINK ever goes over 1$ per token. It defeats the whole purpose of the network, as stated in the original whitepaper.

I was here before everybody and I have seen it all. Mt. Gox, DNM, creation of #neo and #ethereum.

Only 2 coins were shilled as much as Link. They are ethereum and neo. neo was ant back then.

many people opn biz made it then and only few of them are still here.

so, most probably yes, Link will be huge as long as Sergey is alive.

Explain why that matters. Before you do, realize that LINK token is used for just one thing. To pay nodes. The ChainLink network does not rely on ETH at all except for payments via LINK.

>It defeats the whole purpose of the network, as stated in the original whitepaper.
citation needed

what's your personal prediction on EOY price?

>Just trying to decide if it's worth it to buy 10k LINK rn
Fuck off mate

Veeky Forums is a cruel place. If you are a newfag, shouldn't you wonder why no other community or forum ever talks about chainlink?
If it would really be so revolutionary, wouldn't you at least expect some hype, some youtube videos and some reddit threads about it?
How comes, you don't see any of it? Really should make you think. Maybe, just maybe, Veeky Forums is trying to troll you into buying an abandonned project.

there is no evidence, chainlink is scam! don't buy.

>in 5 words

u are rarted

its a meme newfriend

Anyone else notice how it used to be upfiring, DBC, Lamden that was shrilled on here? all went to shit.

only chainlink surrvied the shrill, but the posts have increased like 10 fold? also the use of copypastas remained the same? pretty sure chainlink is just some shrill group. No major companies will touch it with a stick, they will just build their own oracles for there purposes, if they even adopt anything crypto related that is. not plant it on top of a poorly coded chainlink code.

Man once you realize that like 90% of FUDers on Veeky Forums hold LINK and that the other 20% were fooled by the FUDers this shit is hilarious.

Pls buy my bags

Original WP:

> 'For the network to be viable, the token price has to be stable and low, preferably under a dollar, to avoid any unnecessary volatility that would put off institutional users.'

Good, who cares to buy coffee with crypto, anyway?

I remember the shilling. Bought ETH at 4$, sold at 10$, exited crypto for 2 years, deep regrets. I've learnt from my mistakes though, holding Link for att least 2 years.

lol 90 and 20%

>spend money developing their own oracles instead of just getting a decentralized token to do the job for them
ya ok

>pretty sure chainlink is just some shrill group.
>muh everythang is a conspiracy
Many things just develop organically without shady controlling forces behind them.

>No major companies will touch it with a stick, they will just build their own oracles for there purposes
>No major companies will touch the internet with a stick, they will just build their own intranet
See pic related and check this thread

I was actually shilled ETH in /g/ more than 2 years ago, but i was a pussy to use my new Fury for mining, and by then it all looked very dodgy. I remember reading a little of Veeky Forums, a weird territory to me, thinking you were all a bunch of liars and gamblers. I was right.

wew lad

I guess everyone here can remember what Vitalik considered to be the ideal price for Ethereum.

Damn, would have kys'd myself

Bro, have you not witnessed the digits? What more proof could you possibly need?

this
I started FUDding JNT once I bought some, then I realized the linkies are the same.
so I bought some LINK too
feels comfy

sauce:
warosu.org/biz/thread/S1554039#p1554445
>October 2016
>Will we ever have $100 ethereum?
>Do you think ethereum can ever hit $1000?

>There's no demand for ETH because it's a meme. BTC is the real thing, and the rest will run under sidechains.

>Vitalik warned everybody repeatedly not to invest in it due to the high inflation and the fact that because it's a fuel, the people who actually use it won't need to hold on to it. So it's basically shit for a buy and hold.

>It's just a permanently deflating bubble from here on in.

Moral of the story is, history repeats itself in funny ways. It's not that LINK will follow the exact pattern. But here's the thing, LINK could actually surpass BTC/ETH gains for all we know. We honestly don't know until it happens.

But look at that dude he thought he had to wait 4 fucking years lol, and he basically made it if he held half his stack after selling at $200.
Sky is the limit, bros. That is all

someone unfud me please
reee

can someone shop some linkies into the text and logo. ty.

all they have to do is divert one or two people of their programming team for 1 week, if even. It is not like they are programming some next generation game, or devloping novel algorithems. It is litterally just code snippets feeding api feeds until conditions are met then x. and they won't have to rely on an external backend, which is the big thing. Maybe some mid-tier companies will use it. The whole github of chainlink litterally only has 13k lines of code. People investing this much into 13k lines of code without even any patent are delusional...

As long as you invest as much as you can afford to lose, you'll be fine and shouldn't be bothered much with cynical experts.

The main difference between ChainLink and Ethereum is that Ethereum is led by a tech geek with a deep interest in the blockchain tech, ChainLink is led by a Russian PR manager. Those are very different things when you think about it.

OP here. Not a single oldfag can provide evidence. Not a single newfag admits to buying LINK because they recognize its scam potential.

I've concluded that ChainLINK is NOT a buy. I will be purchasing VEN instead. Thank you very much. You can stop posting here now.

>dividing their workforce to develop an oracle instead of getting a decentralized token to do the job for them
mhmm yes indeed

Forgot pic

>you'll be fine and shouldn't be bothered much with cynical experts.
Regarding experts:
see pic related
See
Literally search ethereum in warosu around that time. I clearly remember people FUDing it saying it was going back to >$1 when it fell below $10.
I didn't buy in at the time, because I was a brainlet, but don't be fooled. Literally the same pattern is forming again.

That being said, it's always good to debate the weaknesses of LINK. After mainnet launch, it will be driven by the community and node-operators, so the more awareness of the weaknesses, the better.

Can't wait for nolinker suicidewatch threads.

for a few days, in order to have full control. Have you ever had any contact with any company? they do not like to give away control, unless they have to due to lack of know-how. But getting an oracle going would not be a hard job for the big firms who have a tech team.

> nice hindsight bro, too bad its a piece of shit, anyone can say anything of a previous event

Wait hold up though, ChainLink is as of right now partnered with swift, and swift system is used by the banks. Isn't the whole point of crypto to get rid of banks?...

> he thought he had to wait 4 fucking years lol
Someone told me that everything in crypto takes half the time you think it needs and it's been about right, the thing is that dude had the right mentality. ETH was at around $1 for like 6 months, then spent around a year hanging around $10. Those that believe this is the next ETH need to be ready for this kind of holding and accept that some of those who aren't that optimistic about its EOY price may not be complete retards.

This looks fun as fuck, is the mainnet ready? I wouldn't mind dropping some ETH to play with it.

Crypto provides an alternative to banks. It doesn't necessarily seek to replace them.

Franky, I'm getting tired of hearing shit like this. I'm one of the biggest LINK posters and at this point I'm about to just start FUDDing to keep you people poor.

Still I'll offer this last bastion of information.

Investing ETH was much more risky than LINK. Yes, people on Veeky Forums saw the huge potential in smartcontracts, but no one knew if the concept would catch on. (They obviously did).

Now that companies and people want to use smartcontracts, there's a massive glaring problem. The contracts needs access to decentralized 3rd data. If smart-contracts are going to be the future, this is something that needs to be fixed. There's is no way any around this.

LINK is the only project working on this exact issue, and they've been working on the project for years.

Yes Ethereum was shilled LONG before it was popular him.

But be realistic, ETH JUST HIT $1000 THIS LAST FEW MONTHS.

I've got a lot of ETH and I'd say $30-ish?? would be the equivalent of ETH hitting $1000. Keep in mind time frames as well and also how fast crypto is evolving.

Just my 2cents

Can you explain to me what even this coin is? I read that it is supposed to connect existing businesses to the crypto market but that is stupid, any business can just get a wallet and trade any coins they want already. They don't need any shitcoin to do that.

So why would anyone want to invest in this?

Should direct to

Pretty sure crypto is gonna end up HELPING banks... you know seemless, instant, feeless transfers of large sums of value across borders? Banks would fucking love that shit.
If you're stupid enough to think that banks are going to become obsolete and there's going to be this financial system with no recourse if you send CC to a wrong wallet address or you lose your private keys, then you're mental. What normie wants that? They'd rather keep the banks

hmmmm truueeee thanks for explanation, it'll probably take decades to really get rid of them if it ever does anways

Bullshit.

People were talking about ETH back when it was $1

You're so out of the loop. I don't even know where to begin.

Just go read the white paper

1 billion supply = $1000 EOY? You will be lucky if it even reaches $1 EOY

>Those that believe this is the next ETH need to be ready for this kind of holding and accept that some of those who aren't that optimistic about its EOY price may not be complete retards.
This. By the end of the year a lot of weak hands are going to be shaked off.

this pasta needs updating. alpha release is out. sergey just presented and is presenting again in a few weeks at sxsw. get rid of abandoned maybe change it to Veeky Forums is trying to troll you into buying a meme that will never be used in real life or something like that.

You're a ripple fag, aren't you?

idk it was supposed to be released sometime soon but it missed the initial date and the team is anonymous so i got out with profit just in case. it will do well if you get in now and the mainnet does actually come out

>No major companies will touch it with a stick, they will just build their own oracles for there purposes
>from SmartContract.com: "We're proud to be working with SWIFT on their own SWIFT Smart Oracle. Allowing smart contracts on various networks to make payments, send governance instructions, and release collateral with over 11,000 banks."

When I look at threads like this, Im wondering if like the majority of people in the past are lurking on other forums than Veeky Forums.

ETH was shilled hard when it was cheap. I remember when it was 1,62 and the daily countless threads about Vitalik and that it would never go over 20$ and its a pipedream with similar calculations done like in some other shitcoin threads. Titles were like >there are people who trust this man(Vitalik) with their life savings.

Its was a memefest like now with chainlink and before you put words in my mouth.. Im not saying its the same thing, but you need to be a retard to not see the value in ChainLink. Its a good idea and tries to deliver something unique and not just be a coin with a doge on it.

Who knows maybe it will give some good gains or not, but LINK hater are often as cringy as the brainless shills.

Have you made it?

YOu don't get it do you?
I am decent with computers and cryptos are beyond me. 99.9% of all people will find cryptos so confusing and hard that they will lose any interest instantly.
The fact that cryptos are so complicated will prevent them from even being mass adopted in public. There is a reason why 99% of bitcoin people only get into bitcoins with hopes of eventually selling them and making lots of fiat. Same with all alt coins. Not a single cropto holding person bar a very small group, is holding them to use them to buy shit in stores. Everyone just wants them to go up so they can sell them for fiat and get out.

I forgot to mention another important topic. Do not let yourself influenced by what other people comment, post or distribute.

They are all acting in either their best interest of just want to troll you, in any case a negative consequence for you.

Whether they are paid by others to influence the opinion or do it for their own pleasure, always remember:
> Do not trust others by default, inform yourself
> Search multiple sources and you will connect the dots eventually
And most importantly
> Do your own research, do not expect others to do it for you
That is how you learn the truth.

warosu.org/biz/thread/1948248
MiloCoin has weathered the cryptocalypse better than your shit tokens. Why did you ever doubt Veeky Forums?

I can tell you have never coded a thing in your life beyond a 5th grade comprehension

I'm actually not. I'm not really that interested in the cryptocurrency part of blockchain and I don't hold any coins that aim to be used as currencies for the reasons in that post. Sure btc is going to be used as a store of value but it's not ever going to be a widely adopted currency that you can pay for your groceries with.

I'm more interested in blockchain solutions for industry, which is why I hold VEN and LINK. Smart contracts, Dapps and all the good stuff is the real use case of blockchain, not decentralised currencies IMO.

comparing link to eth is as delusional as it gets

eth was so obvious rocket even at 5$

I agree, but that's what OP asked for.

With regards to your points:
SGX
medium.com/@cl_thodges/chainlink-white-paper-section-6-long-term-technical-strategy-b5c5e199ddfa

Trusted hardware is a critical piece of the ChainLink network, but not all nodes have to run on it. In fact, Sergey has mentioned that for smaller contract sizes, they might not want to or need to utilize such nodes, as they could be more expensive. That being said, the issues of trusted hardware must be examined, but Sergey believes that it shouldn't be the reason to hold up the adoption of smart-contracts by legacy systems, decentralized oracle networks. It's just a question of what solutions and implementations arise in time, but that isn't a critical vulnerability in ChainLink's thesis, in and of itself. Or correct me if I'm horribly wrong
Sergey alluded to these points, here, if I recall. Can't recall the timestamp though, sorry.
youtube.com/watch?v=MfH1B85YyFU

>copy/paste + refactor academic whitepapers to suit the smart contract mdidleware
What is this supposed to imply? Satoshi referenced Adam Back and the work of hashcash, back in the original BTC whitepaper.
I mean, I'm not saying they didn't plagiarize or try to hype themselves up by taking from other academic work. But in any case, are any of those academics anywhere closer to a decentralized oracle network?
Also, I'm not trying to be an argumentative dick, you probably are the smartest person in this thread, and we need more debates like this. I'm just trying to learn.

The harsh truth is that brainlets got rich off ETH, and brainlets like me could get rich off LINK if it works out, but I want to learn as much as possible regardless.

By the way, if you do care about the project's success, if only because you think it's a cool idea, consider joining the slack and the gitter, and lighting a fire under their asses, if you see any glaring issues. Maybe you don't give a shit, but it's worth a shot

If it was so obvious why are you still here then?

I'm not that interested into buying ethhorse for gains, but to play with it, I'll look into it later, thanks.

he's shilling trtl

It's probably not even worth a Sat.

>link isnt the same dumbasses, eth was obvious, just look at how I took advantage and left this board once i made i-

Sick FUD, you must have a lot of LINK.

Barring a very small group, people don't hold stocks to actually own and influence the company they hold stock in, they buy them so they can go up and they can sell them for fiat and get out.

lmao Gotem.