Objective analysis of ChainLink/Link/SmartContract.com

Let me respond you as an programmer. I have read the whitepaper and watched the conferences, so here is my take:
> naming such as: oracles, sources, ...
reinvented the wheel, just pure marketing
> SGX (Intel Software Guard eXtensions)
1. only available to the newest CPUs
2. there are big security flaws currently in the SGX enclave that needs to be fixed by Intel, not reliable at the moment
> copy/paste + refactor academic whitepapers to suit the smart contract mdidleware
in the three days searching certain paragraphs in this 'whitepaper' I have found out huge resemblances with existing ones from the research domain of universities

As our fellow friend, Vitalik Buterin said, this is purely manipulation by the masses that accumulated the tokens related to this charade and abuse of social media in order to convince other people into this scheme unaware of the consequences.

Either if you think that this is a meme or not, be aware of the consequences when everything falls apart this year and do some extended research into the whitepaper and you will be surprised of what you will find.

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@cl_thodges/chainlink-white-paper-section-6-long-term-technical-strategy-b5c5e199ddfa
youtube.com/watch?v=MfH1B85YyFU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT! ESPECIALLY COLLECTIVE POSITIVE THOUGHT!

THIS SHIT IS GOING TO REACH $1,000 EASILY!
HOLD THAT THOUGHT AND VISUALIZE IT IN YOUR MIND EVERYDAY AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE STARTING NOW AND IT WILL MANIFEST INTO REALITY. DO IT! I'M NOT JOKING!

VISUALIZE AS OFTEN AND AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE!

let me guess, youre a HTML and CSS programmer

cause you dont have a clue

>I have found out huge resemblances with existing ones from the research domain of universities
Post proof or fuck off. Thanks for putting effort into your FUD for once though.

Stale copypasta is stale,

Interested in this as well

Your FUD premise is really good, but your LARP and substance is weak. Put some more effort into it and you could shake some weak hands.

'fellow friend' - fuck off Pajeet - go get 'morning price' on Shit Street

The main reason why I am not on the ChainLink train is because its main "dev" is just a Russian PR manager for start-up projects. He's not a mastermind, not a visionary. It's not surprising if the white paper is just a rehash of some legit research papers.

Whenever you're ready, OP.

I forgot to mention another important topic. Do not let yourself influenced by what other people comment, post or distribute.

They are all acting in either their best interest of just want to troll you, in any case a negative consequence for you.

Whether they are paid by others to influence the opinion or do it for their own pleasure, always remember:
> Do not trust others by default, inform yourself
> Search multiple sources and you will connect the dots eventually
And most importantly
> Do your own research, do not expect others to do it for you
That is how you learn the truth.

Good FUD but I'd actually drop the academic shit, because borrowing from academia is actually healthy. Bitcoin and Ethereum are basically ripped from various papers by Nick Szabo and that chink dudes idea.

> I have found out huge resemblances with existing ones from the research domain of universities
Post it then. Otherwise this is just more FUD.

ugh the no signs don't even flow to the sides

IS THAT EVEN A CUBE ANYMORE I DON"T KNOW

just read the whitepaper

Can you back up your claim that the white paper is plagiarized? Maybe I'll take you seriously after that.

Anyone who buys link must seriously be mentally disabled.

This is the biggest scam coin probably ever

Whenever you're ready, OP.

I know it might be hard to understand but after a couple of readings you will know Link is legit and Sergey is not only handsome but also smart like a smart contract

So whats up with the papers you said the chainlink wp was plaigarized from?

>in the three days searching certain paragraphs in this 'whitepaper' I have found out huge resemblances with existing ones from the research domain of universities

Can you link to these papers?

This shit is perverse as fuck.

your pasta has no power here

With regards to your points:
SGX
medium.com/@cl_thodges/chainlink-white-paper-section-6-long-term-technical-strategy-b5c5e199ddfa

Trusted hardware is a critical piece of the ChainLink network, but not all nodes have to run on it. In fact, Sergey has mentioned that for smaller contract sizes, they might not want to or need to utilize such nodes, as they could be more expensive. That being said, the issues of trusted hardware must be examined, but Sergey believes that it shouldn't be the reason to hold up the adoption of smart-contracts by legacy systems, decentralized oracle networks. It's just a question of what solutions and implementations arise in time, but that isn't a critical vulnerability in ChainLink's thesis, in and of itself. Or correct me if I'm horribly wrong
Sergey alluded to these points, here, if I recall. Can't recall the timestamp though, sorry.
youtube.com/watch?v=MfH1B85YyFU

>copy/paste + refactor academic whitepapers to suit the smart contract mdidleware
What is this supposed to imply? Satoshi referenced Adam Back and the work of hashcash, back in the original BTC whitepaper.
I mean, I'm not saying they didn't plagiarize or try to hype themselves up by taking from other academic work. But in any case, are any of those academics anywhere closer to a decentralized oracle network?
I agree with this sentiment.

But, the harsh truth is that brainlets got rich off ETH, and brainlets like me could get rich off LINK if it works out, but I want to learn as much as possible regardless.

By the way, if you do care about the project's success, if only because you think it's a cool idea, consider joining the slack and the gitter, and lighting a fire under their asses, if you see any glaring issues. Maybe you don't give a shit, but it's worth a shot

fucking lol

>an programmer
>an
nice try fucker you aren't even autistic

Thanks for this post.

Smart Contracts will be huge in the coming years. I believe ChainLink and smartconract.com will help them become huge. Even just having that domain name gives Sergey a huge advantage. Holding LINK is going to be very interesting, I just hope I can hold onto my bags for long enough.

they dont give a fuck how many babies cry for mommy in their slack, if u havent noticed in the last 6 months

you are a MANIAC

>OP starts a thinly veiled FUD with no sources on the plagiarism

>sparks an actual technical discussion, net effect shilling more people on LINK
4D chess, marine

shhh hes a big investor that they will answer to

Quality thread. I like it.

I just bought 19 links.

And now we play the waiting game.

Well one went out of his way to put all his savings into Link.

Anyone who puts all of his money into one basket is an idiot.
Even if link exploded i will still consider them an idiot because they could have lost everything.
Crypto trading is a hobby. You wouldn't invest your entire life savings into your real doll collection either.

Daily reminder that most programmers are idiots.