What is REQ token for? does it need a token?

What is REQ token for? does it need a token?

Other urls found in this thread:

mindmeister.com/991002501?t=R1iofDilV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What is REQ token for?
Making me rich

to steal NEETs pocket money

it's to facilitate you using your apple stock to buy a soda.

because, you know, around the water cooler you always hear people say "gee billy, i sure wish i could use these stock investments i have to buy t-shirts"

It's creepy and weird

It's part of a well thought system so Request App can work without a profit. Burning tokens will continuously increase its value, while fees will be incredibly low.
>inb4 your tokens will be randomly burned
Source or gtfo. There's no proof of that.
Literal retard that spams that meme in every fucking REQ thread.

tell me about how you're going to use a coin that could 2x tomorrow to buy a soda today.

nobody is buying these things to pay for groceries. they're investing in them.

Yet.

Here's a practical use case--I do some freelance work for someone. I want to get paid in XMR instead of USD. I ask them to send the money using Request, and have it auto convert to XMR.

Q2 is when the fiat-crypto gateway is completed, and where the value will truly be made obvious. People not in crypto can easily pay people without touching crypto, in crypto.

>hey stacy let's buy these amazing shoes at amazon
>sure why not
>huh what is this pay with request button
>don't know girl, just use visa normally
>right? what an unnecesary step

Also dude that's retarded logic because using the same logic you can say that any money you use that's not for the purpose of investing in crypto is wasted, because that money could have 2x'd.

Request is perfect for those that don't want to cash out.

>People not in crypto can easily pay people without touching crypto, in crypto.

what happens to the coins when you pay the other way?

like say i want to buy a pokemon card that costs $10 and i want to pay with TRX.

what happens if the sell books on kyber don't have a buy order for the TRX at the current price? will REQ eat the wait for the buy order to complete?

it's not retarded logic and you know it. imagine the first time you use REQ to buy a soda for $1 and then 3 months later you realize you pretty much paid $20 for the soda.

the novelty would wear off instantly.

it sounds like people invested in BAT convinced that the world is going to start using BRAVE. ain't gonna happen. the niche amount of people who will switch won't be enough.

You do understand you don't require to have REQ in order to use the app, right? You're not a retard, right?

people in these threads always say that and offer no countertpoint. of course i understand and obviously i'm not talking about REQ being the invested coin you're using to buy your soda.

Fucking hell this logic is so fucking wrong I can't even begin to list the reasons... here's a fuck (You)

No, don't move to goalposts. You're comparing using Request App to "buying Tshirts with Apple Stocks" (which by the way you've said that in many many threads you fucking virgin). You're then talking about REQ as if it will be used for buying goods and services, when that's not true. So fuck off, please.

You realize all your doing is describing the inherent issue with crypto and digital assets being used as currency? Once more fluidity is established with things like REQ, FAIRX (apparently), etc, certain actual digital currencies will have less volatility. All the fiat-> alt/crypto exchanges that are on the horizon should be interesting if they ever deliver.

oh goodness gracious. i said apple stock. as if the REQ token is comparable to apple stock. i think it's pretty obvious i would be referring to any coin. if you're brain jumps from apple stock to REQ tokens then that's on you.

honestly i'm not sure how you could be deluded enough to not understand what i'm saying. but the goalpost thing makes me think you're practicing for your sophomore debate class.

No, it is retarded logic because like I said, if you apply that, then you're also applying the fact that any money not spent on crypto is potentially a waste because you could have doubled it.

It's the same exact fucking thing. It's the same with stocks.

>awman I could have spend $100 for more apple stock instead of buying these shoes I would have made 10% more this year what a waste.

Literally all you're doing is giving people more options for how they want to spend their assets, and removing a conversion step. In what world is that not valuable?

>what happens if the sell books on kyber don't have a buy order for TRX at the current price

Then it uses the current price. Do you understand how fucking markets work? The current price is whatever the lowest price is that has sell orders at. Kyber works by finding the current lowest sell to match your buy, and does the swap instantly.

You are always paying the current price. Not overpaying or underpaying.

Your argument makes no sense anyways. What's your point? People won't directly use REQ tokens, so does it really matter? It won't matter if it does a 1000x because fees will be adjusted from, I don't know 60REQ per transaction to 0.06 REQ.

He's not talking about using REQ tokens, he's talking about the inherent issue with using Cryptocurrency as an actual currency to FUD a single project, when in reality it's FUD for the entire market.

REQ and other decentralized methods of exchange will improve liquidity and remove this volatility, so his point is moot and short-sighted.

REQ going over $1 defeats the purpose of the token. Do people not know this?

x1000000000 HODL !!!!!!

>You realize all your doing is describing the inherent issue with crypto and digital assets being used as currency?

yes, i get that. i know it's possible for this whole thing to work out with REQ. i'm still holding. hopefully i'm wrong. but it seems to me the end game for the vast majority of people is to get fiat rich. not moreorless have 2 types of bank accounts. barely any of these coins are even marketed as currencies anymore. they're utility.

>Then it uses the current price

current price would be a limit order at the time of purchase, right? you've never placed a limit order at current price and not had it filled?

>G-g-guys don't use cryptos because they COULD go up/down really fast!!!!1
Basically that?
That's a Jibrel meme wtf step up your meme deck.

ReQ G0InG oVeR 1(oNE) DoLLaR $ DfeATs tHe pURpoSe oF thE tOkeN

it's really not that hard to understand. people who sold BTC at 1k are still kicking themselves. if you bought a picture frame with XYZ at 50 cents and XYZ went to $40 ... can you imagine staring at that picture frame on your desk forever? people would do it once.

So are you just ignoring this Using that logic, if you bought anything other than BTC at that time, you should be kicking yourselves, and people regularly still do.

Guys I'm going to leave this here to help you all out, because it seems so many of you are confused as to what REQ is seeking to do.

Request Network wants to be a PLATFORM for companies to develop on top of. While they're not opposed to people paying for things directly with REQ tokens or whatever, their main ambition is corporate adoption of the platform which can be used in dozens of financial sectors.

If you want to get a better idea of the potential size of this platform, you can review their tech mind map here: mindmeister.com/991002501?t=R1iofDilV0

All of this debating about paying for this or that with REQ or using the REQ app... it's all misinformed. REQ says right in one of their blog posts, "Request is not an app but a financial platform on which many projects can be developed. It is a layer on top of Ethereum simplifying the development of many features in the crypto finance space."

I'm surprised even the proponents here don't understand what they've invested in. And to the opponents I say: Do some reading, you might like what you find.

its fun to see them argue about things though. dont help

Holy fuck guys this discussion made me think of what would be an incredible complement to REQ.

What if there was the ability to upload your entire portfolio, then implement a smart contract to automatically decide to sell the token that's experiencing a current high rather than a low?

It wouldn't prevent future moon missions, but it would prevent you from selling something that's in a dip without you knowing. A smart payment system that takes the coin the most up in your portfolio at the time of sale.

... that's called risk. Too much for you? Stick to gold/silver then.

>that's a jibrel meme
K

hunny it started with bat. hello newfriend

>It's the same exact fucking thing. It's the same with stocks.

nah, not ignoring it. but i already talked about that. i agree, these tokens/coins are like stocks. they're investments. you've never in your life heard someone say "man, i wish i could pay for this pencil with this Amazon stock i bought 8 months ago. the stock is doing really well and it's been a good investment, i should really use it to buy this pencil."

>... that's called risk. Too much for you? Stick to gold/silver then.

>expecting the mass adoption required not to feel the exact same way

yes, i believe it is too much risk to use NEO to buy a cactus. because i bought NEO months ago as an investment for a long term hold. at least your brain is starting to catch on to what i'm saying.

>EnufGayK
>enuf gay, k

>hunny, it started with bat
>hunny

that's good stuff, user.

Because it is actually impossible for people to do that. Why would people say that if it's not even remotely in the realm of possibility? Present consumers with the option to directly pay with their assets rather than going through the two-step process of cashing them out.

I still fail to see any negatives--you've giving people more control over how they manage their wealth by allowing them to pay with anything they want, including fiat.

How is this not valuable? You seem to be resisting this for some strange reason, like it's something that shouldn't even exist.

Maybe another investor sees Amazon doing really well, and wishes they could just use some of it while it's high right there in the moment, instead of going through the effort of cashing out, waiting till it goes to their bank, and then finally taking that fiat to whatever they wanted to purchase. Have you thought about that?

hunny your easily baited

Do you know what a market order is? It's even easier to understand than a limit order. BTW These FUD threads are being made by a douchy few to confuse uneducated people that read this forum. The FUD'ders know exactly how valuable REQ is going to be. They're trolling, and getting the bait taken every time

no dude req is weird and gross

>Have you thought about that?

yeah, i agree with you. i do think it's in the realm of possibility. i'm still holding. hope it works. we shall see i suppose. i'll likely never use it, but who knows.

got some BAT, too, and lord knows i'd never watch ads for pennies.

No posts about REQ for like 2 months and suddenly we get an influx of posts. Paid shills, paid shills everywhere...

its to distract from mainnet soon and create this thought.

post a picture of someone and make fun of their hair plz

Since when can i whip out a card reader and accept debit/credit from my friends?

anything in particular you want to see?

>its to distract from mainnet soon and create this thought.
>Paid shills, paid shills everywhere...

y'all are totally delusional. i swear people think Veeky Forums has the sway of the wall street journal. i don't really think the 17 other posters in this thread give a fuck about what i'm saying.

haha no i get what you mean. thats just how im looking at it

Holy shit, you're retarded. There is no inherent difference between $100 worth of value in a shitcoin or in your wallet. Literally none. Both are worth $100 at this point in time. It's up to you to decide which one you want to spend so as to minimize opportunity cost. Retard.

Do XLM (FairX really) and REQ step on each other's turf?
I have 10k XLM, 3.8k REQ. I'm wondering if i should switch some xlm for more REQ

There is certain overlap with a lot of projects, however, no other projects even aims to accomplish what REQ does. The scope of Request as a platform is on a whole different level.

>man, i wish i could pay for this pencil with this Amazon stock i bought 8 months ago. the stock is doing really well and it's been a good investment, i should really use it to buy this pencil

No one says it because you literally can't do that you fucking retard.

Also you cant sell or buy fractions of a stock like you can satoshi

yes you can

>
y'all are totally delusional. i swear people think Veeky Forums has the sway of the wall street journal. i don't really think the 17 other posters in this thread give a fuck about what i'm saying

>HURR DURR INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES AND INTEREST GROUPS DON'T VISIT IMAGEBOARDS

I guess you're right since they're still going on about this moronic shit even though I've laid it out in plain writing for them.

how?
I can't.
My mutual fund in my 401k can, but personally, I cannot.

are you using a broker? or some shit like etrade?

>tfw you realize a mongolian basket weaving forum is shaping a worldwide financial revolution

How does Request themselves make money off the transactions? I understand the REQ token is burnt according to their formula but where is the benefit to the company to continue developing? Just the market value of the token is all?

to stay relevant

The team benefits from price increase of REQ tokens.

shit look at that spike

MOON U SHIT

Glad I bought at 25c

Did they release news or what's going on? wtf i sold at 30 cents

India is saving us. They are trading REQ on Koinex, there largest exchange at 40 cents. REQ and OMG were just listed.

pump and dump boyos
same shit as always

It is an arbitrage opportunity.

No, but they can email you money.

Do i rebuy in and hold to 40 cents on binance?
Sold at 30 cents you think i should fomo? how high we going?

what by pump and dump don't you understand?
this thing is headed for sub 30 again

You don't think i could ride and resell b4 sub 30?

Did u miss the pump?

BTC is dumping and REQ is mooning!

>mooning
>after bleeding out for the past 2 months
kek

Wow, you have never had any social interaction ever, huh champ? :/

I do not know but I highly doubt that India will keep the price of REQ up when the entire market is falling. Unless Indians pay a premium like Koreans and this causes the overall price of REQ to fall between 30-40 cents rather than 20-30 cents.

You fucking retard, the fees stay the same, only the amount of REQ burnt for the fees varies. You don’t buy things with REQ, you pay the fees with it! You buy stuff with every currency you want, Fiat or crypto, it doesn’t matter at all.

Koinex had BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, XRP listed as the only currencies traded on their exchange until today when they added REQ and OMG. All the cryptocurrencies on their exchange are paired with their national currency (INR)

and we're going down!
looks like this CONFIRMED PAJEET SHITCOIN is literal garbage

You were right, glad i listened and stayed out while i'm up.

that was a pathetic pump
it didn't even sustain itself for 20 minutes

man youre dedicated to your trashtalking
have you been burned?

I've been holding since it was below ICO

>8 million volume on the whole pajeet exchange
>he still didn't dump his REQ bags

im sure you have, just like the way I have over 1mm req

is it really that surprising that somebody bought under 6 cents and is still holding?

So request is built on chainlink that's built on zeppelin that's built on ethereum?

also bought way under ico, pretty comfy :)

>built on chainlink
WTF are you talking about?

REQ is literally the only crypto that has a brainlet explanation for it's use without using buzzwords and soyboy tech inovations terms in it's whitepaper.

And this is why it's good, you take my grandpa and you show him req whitepaper and he will buy the idea

i dont think anybody's grandpa will buy the idea of fake internet monopoly money user

some peoples grandpas bought pet rocks
and some peoples parents bought beanie babies

People that aproaching pension in a year or two are all tech educated and are pretty capable of buying in the coins. Trust me these boomers will FOMO hard on crypto

yea and if you want to get technical you just read the yellowpaper
thats how its supposed to be done

literally why would they fomo in on crypto when they'll be dead before they can buy anything with it

Because FOMO is not a rational action and people simply cannot resist it

REQ will carry us to the promised land

it'll bring us gold plated streets to shit in
this is the biggest pajeet coin out there