>buy milk from store
>expires in 2 weeks

fucking why

Because milk in stores is made from powder

>selling milk ready to expire as farm fresh

D E V I L I S H

pasteurization

Summer Lovin'

Yeah, pasurization. If you think about it, the fact that after this process they have to fortify it with vitamin D is interesting. More for the fact that you can't process the calcium without it, and that fresh milk has everything that you need to absorb the nutrients naturally. My buddy compares it to drinking a skeleton.

>buy raw milk from a local farm
>goes sour in 4-5 days because it was milked the same day
>can still be used for cooking or making quark when sour
>you aren't allowed to buy raw milk anymore t: government
>buy pasteurized milk from the grocery store
>tastes worse, costs more, disgusting and useless when it's off
>goes bad in 4-5 days because it spent 2 days in transport and processing after being milked and sat on the store shelf for 3 days before I bought it
DAIRY UPRISING WHEN

>not growing up on a dairy farm with a fresh bottle taken from the vat every day or two

But seriously the processing is not bad, it isn't some terrible process. It's simply heating and cooling the milk to kill bacteria, and forcing it under pressure through a thin membrane so that the cream will not separate so quickly.

What is really bad is anything other than full fat milk. Literally being charged the same for a watered down product, while the plant makes something else with the cream they took away

ask louis pasteur

Pasteurization numb nuts

Drinking a skeleton.

Care to elaborate?

This

>Care to elaborate?

Yeah. There's no substance (read: meat) on it.

do americans really drink two week old milk?

is american 'milk' the same kind of thing as american 'cheese'?

I assume you mean nutrients. But that's obviously not true. That's why I asked for an elaboration.

American cheese product is different from cheese and we all know that. Our milk is pasteurized to prove my disease.

I meant prevent disease. Pretty funny autocorrect though.

all american cheese is exactly the same. The FDA outlawed anything besides kraft singles in 1967 following the food and autism act.

>I assume you mean nutrients

I didn't make the skeleton comment. That's just what I assumed it to mean.

true story: A local dairy farm near me fought tooth and nail with the state for ages to allow the selling of raw milk by farmers and won and almost immediately stopped selling it themselves because they said they want to focus on things unrelated to dairy.

So now raw milk is legal in my city yet no one nearby sells it unless I harass random farmers.

Fresh milk still tastes 100 times better. I guess it's the additional fat.

>drinking milk is good for your bones

You bought unpasteurized milk dumbass

pasteurization and homogenization. Mixing the milk fat, i.e. homogenizing, allows milk to last longer. Next time in the store compare skim milk and whole milk based on expiration date. You'll notice skim milk spoils sooner.

>Mixing the milk fat, i.e. homogenizing, allows milk to last longer

No, it just stops the fat from separating out and floating on top. It has nothing to do with preservation.

Skim milk spoils sooner because it has spent more time in the factory during the skimming process.

I watched a show where they were giving a tour of a plant and it was supplied as a reason for homogenization. Don't know how milk fat distribution matters but supposedly it does.

Sounds like the guy on the TV program didn't know what he was talking about, or it somehow got confused with pasteurization.

Would it be possible to grind up a skeleton into a fine powder, mix it with water, and then drink it?

Sure. You can even buy pre-ground skeletons. It's called "bone meal", and any place that sells gardening stuff should have it.

What kinds of skeletons get turned into bone-meal though?

I just read the bacteria depend on the lactose and fuller fat milk has less of it so that could be the answer and with more fat in the way it could make it harder for the bacteria to get to their food source.

Animal skeletons left over from the butchering process, I would assume.

What does that have to do with homogenization?

I was afraid of that.

I don't want a bunch of different skeletons. I want pork skeleton bone meal and cattle skeleton bone meal. I would also like a smaller quantity of chicken skeleton bone meal.

I don't want them to be mixed together.

>I don't want them to be mixed together.

that's OK, user. Nobody is perfect.

Homogenization increases fat distribution in a medium already with a lower supply of the bacteria's necessary food source, lactose, helping reduce bacterial growth. Basically you are diluting the lactose with fat by homogenizing.

It is not meant for human consumption.

Neither is toilet paper or shampoo, but they are edible since they're non-toxic.

Why do you require skeletons of different animals? Are you a lich?

animu lolis shouldn't ask questions they don't want answers to.

I bought some raw milk once. No real noticeable difference and not worth the literal 4X cost.

Stop trying to raise an army of undead, onii-chan!

>What is really bad is anything other than full fat milk.
Fucking this