When you cook steak: Pan-seared, grilled, or some other way? Why?

When you cook steak: Pan-seared, grilled, or some other way? Why?

pan seared for best results. but grill because it's the season of grilling and you need to brush up on your grill technique anyways

Superhot live fire to sear, push off to the side to reach r/mr temp.

Is sea/coarse salt on steak a meme or the better choice?

Depends on the cut and time of year.
It's more concentrated sodium so when you salt and let sit over night the water being drawn out than back in seasons it with stronger flavor. Whether you like this or not is purely opinion based unlike debating whether steaks are still steaks after they reach medium levels of doneness.

how long do you guys let the cast iron pan heat up and at what heat when preheating the pan? gonna cook some flap steaks tomorrow

High heat. 500F. If you don't have an infrared thermometer like a poor person just flick small drops of oil at it until they bounce off the other end. Sear that bitch until desired using minimal amounts of oil.
Remove for small time till it hits 350F or until oil sizzles and spreads like water but water droplets instantly vaporize.
Put steak back in after lidding and plop in oven at 160F until desired internal temp 10-20ish minutes later.
Let rest covered in aluminum in room temp plate for 10 mins.

do it in the microwave, its way faster + juicy

>do it in the microwave, its way faster + juicy
Kill yourself

panseared then finish in the oven. only time i like grilling steak is when its steak tips

ITT: people who don't know how to build a proper fire

Sous vide because i want maximum pink.

I like the grill mainly because I'm not a fan of the blood pudding ring and I like the direct heat.

But really there's not much difference except for the flavor of the coal if you're into that, or the grill draining the fat.

i only know how to do grilled

i dont think i have the correct pan for searing anyway

Pan if I want to make a sauce, grill for that str8 up carnivore goodness. One technique I like to use is to use the charcoal starter thing to sear the meat (works best with a thick cut), get yourself a piece of aluminum grate from the hardware store, start the starter, and when the coals are ashed over (the time you'd normally dump them in the grill) place the grate on top and sear that meat, couple seconds is all it takes for a perfectly browned crust and tender rare steak. Alternatively, you can use kebab skewers and suspend the meat over the coals.

*chimney starter

Liek dis

Heat up a cast iron skillet in the oven at 500 then throw it on a high burner, throw the steak in there, 2 minutes each side then oven for 5. Easy seared medium rare steak.

>heat a cast iron up to 500' remove...
Is this Veeky Forumss version of making crystals? Are you trying to give the nig 3rd' burns? M8...

I like to put my steak in a tube and eat it that way.

Go on...

And then feed it to my girlfriend.

Were you in that camp cooking thread on /out/ that devolved into a riot when steaks were brought up? Funy as shit.

Dont worry, he will "cooking" raw meat in the microwave.