Do Americans like Haggis?

Do Americans like Haggis?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/nov/13/haggis-scotch-lamb-beef-ban-us-imports
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can't actually sell lungs in America so they don't unless they try it in another country.

How sad.

Someone should start a petition.

Really?
I ordered lung at a peruvian restaurant the other day. It was pretty good.

They don't sell it here, so most never get the opportunity to try it.

I had some in Scotland in a pub. It was bad. Not my favorite either.

Unfortunately I've never had the chance to try it

It's hard to get real haggis here because it's illegal to sell lungs per federal law.

Some people get hardcore and buy a live sheep, then slaughter it. That's legal. But it's also pretty damn rare.

We do get some "haggis like products" which are lung-free, but they're a rare specialty item, and I imagine they taste like crap because it's canned.

Not that popular around here. Not even as a hip food

Texas bro here. I don't even know what haggis is.

>Haggis is a savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, traditionally encased in the animal's stomach

Basically deliciously spiced mince.

>Implying anyone likes haggis

Not sold here

Soon...

theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/nov/13/haggis-scotch-lamb-beef-ban-us-imports

no one in the thread going apeshit about quints

I'm American but lived in Scotland for a couple years. Haggis was good, depending on where it was from, but I really loved black pudding. I've always liked corn beef hash and stuff like that, so I never found haggis particularly strange.

I note that people who turn their noses up at haggis seem to be fine with sausages, even though they're the same thing, just in a different shapes.

All the shit parts of the animal that's still edible but needs grinding up and spicing before anyone actually eats it.

Haggis is fucking good. We found some farm that makes it. Somwhere in northern Jersey. Don't remember the name doe. It's slammin my G. If you come across it get it,

It's not bad. There's always one guy at the local scotch/irish festival every year who slaughters 3 lambs and makes a mess of haggis for everyone

It's nothing special though

what the fuck is that

Scotfag here.

Haggis is okay. The biggest problem with it is that it can be a bit dry, so it's best to eat it with some kind of sauce i.e Peppercorn.

I've never had it. Sounds like it would be pretty good though.

I've seen it made two ways, one in some sort of pastry and then the more traditional way in the sheep's stomach. Is it made in pastry often? I feel like I'd want to try that first since I don't care for tripe too much.

Is this the original meme food? I've known about haggis since I was a child simply because cartoons and such like to make jokes about it.

well hearing that it was bad I was hoping it would by your favorite.

>It's slammin

I don't need to hear this bradberry meme bullshit in this haggis thread boy. log off son

I remember pic related pretty well, that's probably the first time I heard of haggis as well.

I'm American and I liked it the few times I've had it.

I've only ever had it canned, because where the fuck are you gonna get an entire sheep's stomach, and it was really delicious.

bitch, rolling is a tradition deeply rooted into all of Veeky Forums

nice digits, may the holy KEK be mercyful on you

It mostly comes in a plastic casing these days.

I've never actually seen anyone eat the stomach, was only used as a way to boil the haggis.

Same here. Haggis is god-tier, but only if you eat it with something that stops it from sticking to the roof of your mouth

I know, I was just looking at them when you called