Gyoza

How do you prefer your gyoza, super crispy or slightly doughy? What's the best wrapper/dough to buy to make it homemade when I go to the chinese product store?

I like my 'go 'za with lotsa tomato sauce, like at the world famous Lou Malnati's.

I like my 'za 'py

What is frying versus steaming, Alex?

Filo dough is fine.

I like the veggie ones just steamed. If they contain meat then I like both the pan-fried-and-steamed version like the OP photo, or just deep-fried.

I have noticed that the skins do very a lot in quality. Pic related is the brand that I have found to be the best out of the ones that I've tried.

I like them almost burned.

For me it's the crispier the better as well. Im thinking about frying them in sesame oil, but is it better to use pure sesame oil or just a little mixed in with regular cooking oil?

Thanks, I'll definitely look for those next trip I make.

You don't fry with roasted sesame oil. It has a very low smoke point, it will burn.

You could fry them in normal (not roasted) sesame oil. Or fry them in normal oil and then drizzle a little roasted sesame oil on top.

Personally I add the sesame oil to the dipping sauce, as well as putting a little bit of it in the filling.

I'm the newest of newfigs, so could any of you oldfruits tell me what the 'go in 'go 'za stands for? No amount of lurking is helping me here.

take the meme pizza discussion somewhere else

ChicaGO pizZA. You know, that really thick kind?

What's your sauce recipe for the gyoza? I normally just use soy sauce.

Soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, red chili flake, crushed ginger, and finely sliced green onions.

sounds good

'nks 'te

new meme

I prefer my gyoza to be momo

I like mine steamed desu.

like this?

Gyoza?

We call them pot stickers here.