Rice boiling over

Can this really be avoided just by rinsing it? I always rinse my white rice, but I always end up having to juggle the pot foaming at the top like this. Do you just have to rinse and rinse and rinse it thoroughly enough before it doesn't foam?

Other urls found in this thread:

ourbestbites.com/2012/08/how-to-make-perfect-brown-rice/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just turn down the heat. rice doesn't need to boil to cook. rinsing rice will help, but it won't stop it completely

It usually means too much water or too much heat.

Retard tip: bag has instructions.

You're using too much heat.
What I do is bring to a simmer uncovered, then cover and turn the heat down to almost its lowest setting. When it looks like most of the liquid is absorbed, kill the heat and let it sit for another 10 minutes or so.

Are you autistic?

If I was forced to live in a place with an electric stove I'd probably just buy a rice cooker.

This. High heat is great for getting the water to boil faster, but once it boils high heat will just make it boil over. I always lower the heat once I hear the water boiling.

You can also just turn down the heat.

This.

>Can this really be avoided just by rinsing it?
lol

You don't need a gas stovetop to cook rice.

this.
If you’re a cheap bastard looking to save on your gas or electricity bill, you can even take the pan from the heat and isolate it with a blanket, once it has come to the boil. The rice will take longer to cook tho

OP can also bake the rice.
ourbestbites.com/2012/08/how-to-make-perfect-brown-rice/
Ovens are constant circulating heat environment so you won't have the high localized hotspots that a range creates so there's no fear of the rice boiling over or scorching on the bottom. This is what I do when I want rice for the week.

ramsey claims that putting a spoon across the top stops it boiling over. he probably puts olive oil in the water as well so it could be either that stops it happening.

I've literally never had rice boil over what the fuck are people doing
>add water according to the directions
>bring the water just to a boil
>turn the heat down to the lowest setting
>cook for 10-15 minutes depending on the rice
>mix around, cover, done.

Ovens consume much more gas or electricity than a stove.

ABSORPTION METHOD

OP LEARN IT

I'd just learn how to use a ricecooker desu

First off, what kind of rice is it?

Rinsing is a good idea for rices that have really high starch content, keeps the insight product clean and distinct, whereas not rinsing may leave some rices goopy, almost gluey.

When cooking rice, it's best to use a timer. Bring the rice to a boil, cover, and then simmer until done. Again, depending on the variety of rice you're cooking, it's either going to be 20 minutes, or 40. And ALWAYS leave the rice undisturbed for at least 5 minutes off te heat before you dig in.

i never rinse my rice

3:2 water to rice ratio
bring to a boil covered then turn off the heat and wait 25 minutes

This. Perfect rice every time (though I let it simmer for 10 minutes before letting it sit 15 minutes).

Place a wooden spoon over your pot.

Viola, the water no longer boils over.

This buys you maybe 10 seconds

No, It literally stops it from boiling over.

Perhaps you need to invest in a better spoon.