Is there any difference in taste, when drinking beer from a bottle vs a glass?

Is there any difference in taste, when drinking beer from a bottle vs a glass?

Changes your nasal profile significantly, yeah.

When you pour a beer into a glass it allows the aromas of the hops, malts, and yeast to reach your nose before and during your drinks. Since smell and taste are very closely linked, it does improve taste when a beer is poured into a glass, especially a tulip or snifter glass.

I think pouring into a glass helps reduce some of the carbonation, which probably gives you a better idea of the beer's taste

a little

Glass; you can smell the beer, bottle; you can't. Keep in mind any taste that isn't sour/sweet/bitter/salty/savory is the result of smell.

It's a massive difference.

If you're drinking an ale with sediment in the bottle, pouring it into a glass gives you the option of whether you want sediment in your drink or not.

There are different kinds of glasses specifically designed to allow you to inhale the smells as you drink it, same as wine or cognac. Even fucking Sam Adams has their own glass designed by NASA scientists to increase the enjoyment of their mediocre beer.

It's called a yeast cake in unfiltered beers (so pretty much every homebrew ever) and there's never a question of whether you want it or not... you don't.

Perhaps learn to siphon properly, mine has virtually zero sediment.

I mix it into some beers.

Coopers pale ale, the yeast is the star of the show in that particular beer.
Also some wheat beers taste better with the trub mixed up in the beer.

when you're adding sugar during secondary fermentation for carbonation, you're allowing the remaining yeast to multiply and produce CO2
a yeast cake is going to occur in homebrew

buncha high falutin goddamn pussies around here. I drink my beer how the good lord intended for it to be drunk. straight oughta the can it was born in

IMO bottle vs. glass isn't a major difference, but it is there.

Storage is so much more important.

Keg >>>> bottle > can.

You don't know what you're talking about even a little bit.

>Can beneath bottle
Cans are cheaper to move, more profitable to recycle, and protect the beer better

Also I can take them to the beach

>Fart smelling snobs: The thread

shut up u fat shiet

Question for you all:

If I buy a case of beer in bottles, is it worth pouring them into glass? Or should I just drink straight from the bottle

why has no one thought of adding glass flavour to canned drinks?

Depends on what sort of beer it is.

If it's just a shitty lager beer I wouldn't bother.

If you look it up just about every beer style has a glass to suit it. You don't need to get that autistic about it but if you want to smell the hoppy aroma from a nice pale ale or IPA or the roasted barley from a stout, a glass is the way to go.

All good points, but I am strictly talking about flavor.

Just grind up glass and add it urself

Beer in a glass is easier to chug

Just try one of each and see if you notice a difference you fucking dolt.

If it's a good beer - always use a glass.

If it's a shit macro and you're trying to get drunk... who cares?