What is the saddest lunch you've ever had at work?

What is the saddest lunch you've ever had at work?

no lunch
expired chips out of the trash that the vending machine guy was throwing out
or
a plain loaf of bread

>Work

user, that's clearly in your home. Unless your mom pays you to do to hentai, you're not at work.
Now that is sad. Vending machine stuff for me.

That just looks like the leftovers of poor home cooking, which is still better than what's served at most fast food and fast casual places.

Lunch from a vending machine is really rock bottom.

This eaten with a broken plastic spork

>pic related
qt auditor made fun of me

That looks like something lazy parents would feed a three year old for lunch, before throwing half of it away because even a three year old knows better than to eat that shit.

That stuff is no too bad.

im sorry

You sound like someone that would eat this, not surprised

I've been there. Out of ideas, not giving a fuck then suddenly eating something totally pathetic (and overpriced). I've eaten canned pasta cold out of the can with a plastic spoon before I learned it sometimes a little thinking ahead to save you from such degradation.

Alone

This stuff is alright, it's just really fucking expensive for what it is.

got it for free and it was a few months expired so i didnt mind

Maybe the fish is, but there's no excuse for that fruit salad and cookie. That's just prison level shit.

the cookie was really tasty, it made me happy.

For about 6 months when I was poor I ate a single cold can of Campbell's Chunky Soup each day for work.

did you not have access to a microwave at work?

No, and only half an hour to eat. Local Kroger had a sale and coupons so I got them for less than a buck a can. I liked them thankfully but it was pretty dim in retrospect.

Thankfully hunger and poverty make you appreciate things more.

They cost like a dollar for 500+ calories.

I season them sometimes.

I used to love this shit and ask my parents to buy it for me all the time.

Your post made me sad.

when i was a kid my dad would make me eat moldy bread that had green/blue specks to not waste it and now i buy the 4 dollar whole wheat healthy ones and it makes me so happy

You had it worse than me. I was only poor in my late teens, my childhood was beyond ideal. But you took the lesson like I did which is good. I shop conservatively and try not to waste a single damn thing.

Nice with hot sauce or bbq sauce. I take a bag of canned beans sometimes and use old KFC bbq sachets

yeah when i was in my teens we weren't poor but my dad was still a shithead, but facing poverty as a kid made me so terrified of ever being poor again and now on my way to making 100k a year and the only person in my family with a college degree. i wish more poor kids made something of themselves, i went into debt but i got a decent job and paid it off instead of liberal arts.

corn meal and water

>I shop conservatively and try not to waste a single damn thing.
i'm the same way, i don't buy snacks/sweet drinks/instant foods/etc.

and i always use leftovers for breakfast, i can pretty much mix anything together and enjoy it as long as the food is good. i hate seeing good food being thrown away.

>used to work at a Badcock furniture store right down the street from a Kmart for a little while
>slowest, quietest job I've ever worked; some days we'd see a max of two customers in a six-hour span
>for some time, every afternoon around 2:15 "Year of the Cat" by Al Stewart would come on the store radio
>I only found this out because the Kmart closed down about 3 months into my time at Badcock; that was during my lunch break and I'd usually be at the Kmart or some other place getting food
>like the week they closed down we bought a shitload of food from the little sit-down cafe our Kmart had and put it in the break room freezer
>all I can think of when I hear "Year of the Cat" now is heating up a Kmart hot dog at my shitty furniture store job

The saddest part is I was the only one who committed to eating all that shit past the first day or two. We had enough for over a week.

that was one of the first songs i ever remember hearing

Brown rice on its own
I was poor

99% of time at work I never ate lunch

I-I don't have a job any more.

Get one. Stop being a lazy asshole.

When I dropped my spaghetti onto the floor while pulling it out of the microwave and it went everywhere.

>I have to suffer therefore everyone should.

Work is suffering?

For useless cunts like him it probably is. Worst lunch I had was either not having one or a slim Jim. Which fucking blows during a 12-16 hour shift.in a factory.

I had twiglet sandwiches once. dry bread. and a pint of milk that I stole off a doorstep on the way to work.

Is this lunch supposed to be sad? Looks pretty standard to me for a packed lunch; It even has meat.

>Work at fast food so get bunch of free shitty fatty food for lunch

It's not that bad.

>factory working dropout retard replaceable by machines who can only afford 1 dollar processed meat trying to judge literally anyone
o i am l a f f i n

most depressing work lunch for me would have to be when I was at my first job. usually on break I'd swing over to a nearby mom and pop deli and pick up whatever they were doing for their daily specials. one day they were closed and I had to go to the gas station next door and get a breakfast sandwich (this was all they had premade at fucking 1 pm and I was running late)

round, microwaved bacon
folded bullshit egg like mcdonalds
soggy untoasted roll
could almost taste the cough of the miserable clerk who had to make it at 5 in the morning
ended up getting sick from it

never again

Technically not "lunch" as it was around 23:30, but probably the saddest vending machine cheese & pickle sandwich ever. It's either that or the Weetabix (vending machine again; even included the polystyrene bowl & plastic spoon)

I once saw a coworker eat buffalo wing "broth" as she called it.

Raman with old hotdogs off the roller grill

Plenty of poor kids make something of themselves.

Mcdonald's cheeseburger with no burger patty, just cheese and ketchup. Washed it down with lukewarm black coffee from the cafeteria freeze-dried coffee machine.

peanut dust from an empty bottle in my locker

Buddig chicken lunch meat no bread, and a can f cold ravioli. Was to shy to eat poverty food with women so I ate in my crappy car.

>worked at an office
>didn't feel comfortable sitting in the staff room at lunch because i didn't really talk to any of the other employees
>lunch was either some sandwiches from a local store or noodles from the chinese across the road from the office
>ate every lunch alone on a park bench no matter the weather

every lunch was a sad lunch

I am sorry you went through that amigo.

Just put on headphones. They're the universal sign for "I don't want to talk".

A turkey and stuffing lean cuisine that I tried cooking in a commercial kitchen microwave. It came out 70% burnt with cracked and missing plastic from the tray. At a 4am "lunch break"

this is why I'd never want to work in an office environment, I just know I won't make friends with anyone else there

that shit is $1 each at my store, fucking great snack for a dollar each

Maybe the smaller snack sized ones, not the full size meal ones like that.

When I was in second or third grade, my mom would have me bring a check to the office to pay for a month's worth of lunches.
One day I forgot the check and realized I wouldn't be able to get lunch.
So I was in the prison line going up one at a time and when I got to the lunch lady who takes the money, I had my head down and said I forgot to bring the check
She said, That it was ok and to get a tray of food
It made me feel special

>user, that's clearly in your home.
What, are you saying you don't use a mini Persian rug for a mouse pad at work?

tastes alright

>work with a bunch of Vietnamese fobs
>I'm Vietnamese myself but I bring in non-Vietnamese food
>they bring in cooked fish
>they fucking microwave it

Kill me.

I used to work at McDonald's.
We finished a customer's order, and the power went out, but he left assuming that we couldn't cook it. It sat there throughout the whole power outage.

I took it and ate it during my break, as I forgot my wallet. Lukewarm old McDonalds value burger. With a lukewarm coffee whitened with milk, as the cream and sugar dispensers were electric.

I started bringing Soylent or ordering salads and water on break, the entire experience of eating mcDonalds burgers every day is the saddest lunch I've ever had as a whole

I did the exact same thing. Even when it was cold and rainy.

bro, you didn't seriously not make lifelong friends while you were in school.......right? no one meets friends/girls once they start working

>Work at a nice bar and grill
>get free meals all the time
>had Korean Prime rib tacos and Beer bacon and cheddar soup for lunch

>MFW

this fat flyover girl from ohio that I used to work with brought a tub of country crock mashed potatoes and mountain dew for lunch. I was pretty sad for her.

I ate this in the exact same container as pic pretty much everyday at my work
I know that feel.

When I was helping my gf get through college a few years ago I had to dig in my car for enough change in my car to buy some ramen for lunch at work more than once. Now I'm NEET and eat whatever I want because she makes 180K a year.

Was working in a pharmacy. Too busy to go buy lunch and forgot to bring one with me. Was so hungry that I though fuck it, il try those meal replacement milkshakes that dying people get, ensure and all that. Can't say I'd recommend them really, I honestly don't know how someone can choke back 8 of those things a day

What a nice lady :3

I'm not a dropout you entitled welfare queen.
Just because someone works in a factory doesn't mean they don't know.anything/ don't have higher education.

And I had a slim Jim because I straight up forgot my lunch at home.

Sterile Processing here.. I just started and the only 3 workers are 30 years older and unrelatable. Very close minded.. This has been my lunch situation

crusty 7-11 sandwich with plastic chicken
never again

>School friends
>Lifelong
get ready for a shock when you graduate

You were adorable user

dry oatmeal into mug container, cold choco soymilk, some pb, when I ate it, it was beginning to turn sour due to the tropical summer heat ;_;
I ate half.

same here but no spork ... eaten with the can cover...

this is equivalent to ~3.50 USD in my supermarket... I always turn away when I see it.