What the fuck was his problem?

what the fuck was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

realitytvrevisited.com/2013/01/list-of-all-episodes-posts.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We need more people like him, has conviction, passion for quality, safety and entrepreneurship.

>was

He actually gives a shit.

The whole anger and yelling thing is a combination of his passion and him being the TV personality that lower class mouth breathers eat up.

It's not like he's being very fake in the given situation either. Imagine if you were a very successful chef and restaurant owner being told by complete morons that you don't know what you're talking about while you're trying to help stop them from further ruining the shit holes they shouldn't have even opened in the first place

What really bugs me is that a good portion of the places he goes to are opened by older men and women who are old and/or retired and think "lol I'll just open a restaurant so I can have more money in my retirement it's not like I have to do any work I just hire people to do the work for me!" Those are the places you eat at while on vacation, wait 40 minutes for an undersized and overpriced meal, get served by an idiot/asshole, then get sick from later that evening

His problem is that he started kitchen nightmares as an idea to help restaurateurs expand their business and stop them from making future mistakes. His contract with fox after the massive success of hells kitchen in the states got him stuck into recreating kitchen nightmares in the states with a different premise, and different atmosphere. the US version also hams it way the fuck up with paid actors and facebook posts saying "come try shitty food at place X". It's a lot more designed around him as a personality, and showing off the absolute worst, rather than trying to help the restaurants. It's usually only maybe 10 minutes near the ass end of an episode where whatever x problem was with the restaurant (bad chef, drunk owner, loud general manager) is "resolved" and then things suddenly work smooth and fine.

Like 90% of the restaurants on kitchen nightmares us ended up fucking closing anyway.

anyway it's not gordon ramsey, it's the persona fox has made around him in the states as a harsh, unrelenting hardass chef. He's just blunt, he's not harsh at all.

I don't think he has a problem. He's a success in a high pressure, high failure rate industry. His success is a result of discipline, drive, skill and adherence to very high standards.

One bad (albeit very popular) reality television show is hardly a strike against the guy. Given the opportunity I'd think most of us would at least consider doing a bad reality TV show.

I'm not saying it is, i'm not even saying it's his fault, it's just that his contract with fox had totally locked him into doing kitchen nightmares up until 2014 when ratings finally dropped enough for them to shitcan it.

Nothing is wrong with gordon himself, it's just the way he's been portrayed in US media, and more recently even UK media, he's been turned into this raging asshole instead of the no-nonsense chef that he actually is. It's totally switched the perception of gordon ramsay by the public from great chef to jerkoff who yells at everyone and that's not who he is, but it's gonna be all that anyone sees.

>What really bugs me is that a good portion of the places he goes to are opened by older men and women who are old and/or retired and think "lol I'll just open a restaurant so I can have more money in my retirement it's not like I have to do any work I just hire people to do the work for me!"

That's literally #1 reason why so many restaurants shut down - every random person thinks they can run one. You can't, you need to know both the kitchen and business side of things if you don't want to get ripped by the side you're not familiar with. Also, I know more than couple of chefs who will not never ever open their own restaurant because they realize their perfectionism would ruin it.

69% actually overall

realitytvrevisited.com/2013/01/list-of-all-episodes-posts.html

I was exaggerating, but yeah. A disproportionate amount of closures. It feels like, looking back, a lot of them were simply restaurants on their last legs used for fodder, as opposed to ones that wanted to actually turn things around.

Image development and maintenance is part of being a celebrity. Ramsay knew exactly what he was getting into doing a Fox reality series, and he went along with it. It may have been a bad decision in retrospect, but I'm sure the checks he's cashing from Masterchef have got to be good, and he seems back to his old self there.

I have to agree with this. In the US series most of the places close after airing and are staffed by complete retards. Although I still have a hard time believing the Amy's Baking Company episode wasn't completely staged.

Drug money laundering restaurant.

RAW

you guys realize the rage thing is just a schtick right? watch any of the british produced shows, hes like 90% less mad, and also they arent built around showing people fucking up and him yelling at them with ridiculous dramatic music in the backround.

yes, i know there are a few clips of him raging in he british shows too (fried eggs guy) but like i said, 90% less.

What do you mean?

>watch any of the british produced shows, hes like 90% less mad

This. If you want to see Ramsay at his best, watch The F Word

>just a schtick

No, it isn't. It's a legit side of him, an anger that he can tap into, an anger at his father.

If you watch his very first foray into television, Boiling Point (which was a documentary about him chasing his third M star), you see a level of rage in him that far surpasses anything you see from him on the television shows he hosts.

>people aren't capable of calming down and maturing with age

how's your autism these days?

This. Ramsay in Boiling Point makes Kitchen Nightmares Ramsay look tame.

He never even implied otherwise, you're the one implying that literally everyone ends up becoming calm and complacent when that's just not even remotely true.

Too stupid to realized that Ramsay got his notoriety from yelling and swearing and now he plays it up for the camera.

>you see a level of rage in him that far surpasses anything you see from him on the television shows he hosts.
Because he's not really angry on Hell's Kitchen

I fucking hate the us version. The drama is just too thick to take seriously. UK is obviously fake too but it's not so utterly fullblown retardo

>Also, I know more than couple of chefs who will not never ever open their own restaurant because they realize their perfectionism would ruin it.

Thats called a looser user.

>looser
I dunno man sounds pretty wound up to me

How would you feel if your daddy never tasted any of your food?

Did something happen in an episode last night, or something? Or is this a general thread about Ramsay?

Just /tv/ raiding again.