Do you guys ever eat your food and drinks in the grocery store before paying for them?

Do you guys ever eat your food and drinks in the grocery store before paying for them?

I do this all the time but realize some people may find it bizarre and I know some stores frown upon it

All the time. Just walked around eating dragon rolls from the sushi counter while I grabbed all my other shit. I haven't ever had anyone frown upon it. I buy way less junk too if I'm eating while shopping.

Sounds like trashy behavior

I only do this with fountain drinks.

ITT: amerifattieclaps can't go shopping without a 2000 calorie snack

Wew lad!

>$200+ order at front of queue
>"I only came in for a few things, haha!"

I once saw an Albertsons that was laid out with a one-way entrance that went directly by a row of chilled drinks with a big sign that suggested you have a drink while you shop and just ring up the empty bottle at the end.
It's the only one I ever saw. It struck me as a neat, bizarre, and probably bad idea. Seems like it would be way too easy to take a drink and ditch the bottle in an aisle somewhere.

Thief

Borderline thief

"before paying for them..."

PAY ATTENTION!

i'll pay attention after you start paying for your purchases, thief

>borderline
I ring up bulk spices and fruits/vegetables as cheaper stuff all the time.

Did it once when it was about 112f outside and I forgot my water bottle, other than that, nah.

>before paying for them.
>BEFORE
they are not yours

My mistake. Common thief it is.

This, its not bizarre, its the sign of scummy / trashy people. Yea I'd like to eat my shit right there but like most decent people have the will power to wait and the decency to not stuff my face with something i didnt pay for while a bunch of strangers.

I work at a grocery store and I occasionally cashier when it gets busy. So many people do this. Usually the white trash mothers with a bunch of little cunts following her around.

One time I was scanning stuff and they like to just pile it all up as high as they can(please don't do this it makes it slower because you have to be extra careful) and I grabbed two banana peels. It was fucking disgusting. She just threw them underneath some stuff. So I charged her like 2 pounds worth for them. Wasn't really much though since bananas are like 50 cents a fucking pound.

It is trashy behavior.

Fuck no. When I worked at a grocery store I'd find pistachio shells on so many fucking shelves. I hate you retards who eat that crap and just throw it wherever you deem fit. The worst was finding old half eaten chicken bones. Off yourselves

This is just a white people thing
Specifically a white 30+ suburban female thing

Why would you ever do this? How large of a blob are you?

I only do this with water if im really really thirsty

As a European, i thought this was pretty common in the US, at least with drinks. I believe it was at Publix where I saw a huge soda fountain that encouraged drinking as much as you wanted while shopping and paying for the cup at check out.

I was brought up to see it as trashy behavior as well. But beside that when I hit the supermarket I'm usually trying to get the stuff I need and get out of there as quickly as possible. It would never occur to me to eat there.

It's context sensitive I think.

I see chowing down on snacks or drinks at a supermarket to be quite indicative of low-class people, but I often will often start drinking a slushie before checkout of a convenience store.

I may just be a hypocrite.

In Japan no one even eats outside while walking so I have never seen it

It sounds trashier than eating while walking by a significant margin though so I'm going to say its degenerate
Also seems shitty for the cashier that has to ring up your TRASH

I've never eaten in a grocery store, but I might occasionally take a sip from a slushi/milkshake from a gas station if I stop thinking for a second. I'm usually standing in line with my wallet out to pay though.

I do this all the time. grab some food eat it and toss the empty packaging into someones cart so they can pay for it. fuck it.

no, i don't do that. it is a grocery store, not a restaurant. you pay before you eat.

That's Ghetto behaviour. I guess most supermarkets don't care anymore, still these people should be shot.

>How large of a blob are you
lol you don't wanna know

>little old lady lets you skip because you've only got beer and crisps

I want to hit every person see doing that

>go out to restaurant
>eat and drink before paying
>FUCKING THIEVES

Never. Except once in a while I eat a habanero pepper and walk around the store crying, and breathing in and out like a retarded dragon that can't figure out how to breathe fire. I don't pay for it. Pretty sure security sees it happen and they don't care. Just another moron walking through the produce section. They probably encourage it.

Cashier here, I think it's a bad idea because a surprising amount of people forget to pay for it. If I see someone holding a half empty drink, I specifically ask "Is that from the store?" Often they'll look surprised and go "oh shit yeah, sorry!" If I never asked they would have probably forgotten.

>Go to electronics store
>Un-package sealed phone and start fucking around with it
>pay for it when I leave

Would you do this?

>people doing a full grocery at a grocery store
>sperg the fuck out

They make 10 item or less lanes & self-checkouts for autism lords like you.

Unless your the cashier in this scenario in which case mush mush and bag my shit no one cares what you think.

At my job I hear this dozens of times a day. It's so annoying

If I saw someone doing this I would think they were fucking disgusting. I would probably report them for theft just to get them out of my sight.

If I could, I would.

>you wouldn't pirate a car, would you?

>while a bunch of strangers.

While a bunch of strangers what?

No you fucking degenerate, I pay first and eat when I get home.

This feels a lot less scummy than eating actually.

No, I'm very concise with everything I do so a shopping trip is like 20 min for 2 weeks worth. If you can't make it 30 min without consuming something you have problems.

Yeah, eating is fucking gross.

I'll take a grape or two if I'm buying grapes. It's a good way to make sure I don't end up with ones that went sour or bad.

i want to spit in her mouth

My man. Underpaid attendant at the self-checkout kiosk doesn't give a FUCK.

>"forgotten"

i've done that with huge bags of cat food. get up to the register and just "forget" that the cat food is on the bottom of the cart where the cashier can't see it. they usually miss it on crazy busy days.

>i want to spit in her mouth

with muh dick

This. Autists BTFO.

>Do you guys ever eat your food and drinks in the grocery store before paying for them?
Technically, it's not stealing until you are beyond where you would pay for it, ie past the registers and out the door. But they can be jerks about it.
If I am actually in line, I will consume a bottled water from the checkout cold beverage case. I'm obviously in line. I make a big deal to give it to them first, in case of any questions.

If I am not in a ghetto neighborhood, and I'm somewhere decent like Publix, where the customer is always right, and I have thousands of dollars of receipts in my wallet from them, then I walk right up to the drink dispenser, get the beverage going to curb that hunger and shop more. Sometimes people get things from the deli and they offer cheese/meat slice, oh yea, gimme that, if I don't eat, I'll overshop. Cookies from the bakery, sure, put that sticker on the bag, and that's what I'm paying, so doesn't matter if I eat one immediately.

Why does the non-ghetto neighborhood matter? Because there are less thieves to make them on the lookout, but because the store employees are also less ghetto and have a clue that your appearance and full cart means you aren't a shoplifter whatsoever. Ghetto employees are small minded idiots, whereas places that bored housewives blow stupid money aren't going to care because they recognize your pocketbook is $1500 and that you have $400 in wine and coffee in your cart already.

Who the fuck
A: goes to the grocery store hungry
B: goes to the grocery without knowing what they want to buy
c: can't go 15 fucking minutes without eating
You're probably super fat

>Who the fuck
>A: goes to the grocery store hungry
>B: goes to the grocery without knowing what they want to buy
Absolutely no one ever. That's who.

I don't. I usually hold out, but if I expect to be there long I can just hit the water fountain before starting or bring a bottle of water. On the other hand, if I'm just in line at the convenience store, yeah, I'll drink.

But if people want to get a bottle of water or soda in a grocery and drink, what do I care. That's basically what the cooler by the entrance is there for, to grab a bottle while heading out or coming in and paying later. Some people will forget or take advantage, but the practice itself is fine by me.

If you're nibbling in the produce aisle or opening bags and boxes and shit because you can't hold out, though, you're a degenerate. If you have kids who do this you should have fed them before coming.

>2016
>puns

>not a snot rocket

>c: can't go 15 fucking minutes without eating

i have a glandular problem i'll have you know. my doctor ordered me to eat every 15 minutes.

>fat
>ass

I know this is a troll but
>unspecified glandular disorder
>doctor ordered me
2/10 try harder

When I was small my mom would let me snack on Nilla Wafers/Goldfish/whatever else and then pay for it at the counter.

It's a little weird if you're not a small child but as long you're paying for it, I don't see an issue.

Can americans do ANYTHING without shoving food in their mouths?

no

food makes everything better , even sex.

Nah. I feel self conscious enough walking around with purchases from another store.

I don't want to leave a chocolate trail on a cart and horrify someone with mystery brown stains.

Can europeans do ANYTHING without worrying about what americans do?