Owning Chainlink will be similar to owning oil

The mainframe, blockchain can be comparable to basically the roads of the 21st century (whatever their different characteristics are). If you don't now why, just check out the impact of transportation in our economies. Blockchain is the first major step for full automation, among other things

The value we use the roads for (mobility, transportation, accessibility, etc) and how we use them (cars, trains, trucks, whatever) are basically smart contracts. The smart contract was the 2nd major technological step of blockchain and its biggest added value. The road stops being used as a way for sheeps to walk around the fields to eat grass on meadows and we start to have productivity from the road itself.

But without oil roads are irrelevant and cars are nice looking redundant vehicles. Its the massification that allowed for the diversity of economical benefits created by the roads/cars. And that's where chainlink enters.

Blockchain and smart contracts are great attributes but they hold very little value if they exist in a closed circle. Its what exists outside the network that will allow for its usage to be a major technological and economical step. That's where chainlink enters. Chainlink basically connects the outside to the blockchain. It gives value to the smart contract which allows it to use the blockchain. Just like oil promoted the usage of cars/other ways of transportation that utilized the roads itself.

How rich are people/countries who controlled oil? Very very rich.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1GTq7ToPRmX
medium.com/linkpool/linkpool-economics-ac8642a75801
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tfw when you know you will make it. all you have to do is wait.

tfw you only have 26k link

I have way less than that though.
26k will make you filthy rich.

same, we will make it user

How about 13k

wait twice as long.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT! ESPECIALLY COLLECTIVE POSITIVE THOUGHT!

THIS SHIT IS GOING TO REACH $1,000 EASILY!
HOLD THAT THOUGHT AND VISUALIZE IT IN YOUR MIND EVERYDAY AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE STARTING NOW AND IT WILL MANIFEST INTO REALITY. DO IT! I'M NOT JOKING!

VISUALIZE AS OFTEN AND AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE!

Mind blown

What's exponential growth?

you will make it with 13k holding long term

I have 5.3k links.

just sold a watch I love dearly and put the money right into my link stack.

i hate having nothing on my wrist but im going to be patient.

accumulate as much as you can. the rocket is boarding as we speak.

pls dont gamble with money you cant afford to lose

shut up nerd

yes you are right

kek. stay poor

you are a MANIAC

EVERYTHING IS ENERGY AND VIBRATION
ATTUNE YOUR VIBRATIONS TO MATCH THAT OF MONEY AND IT WILL FLOW TO YOU

MEDITATE DAILY AND VISUALIZE LINK REACHING $1000 IN THE PRESENT MOMENT FROM YOUR HEART CENTER

WE WILL ALL MAKE IT

I think I agree with AB when he said that owning ChainLink is like owning rights to the network.

I think it will work like this. API providers will monetise their data though chainlink nodes, and other people will get the data that executes smart contracts with chainlink nodes. Thus nodes are rewarded or penalised in LINK tokens.... That's great. But they won't be making money by getting more LINK tokens on their node and selling them on fucking Binance. It's the smart contracts themselves and the whole system that will create value. Chainlink is just the infrastructure. The token just gives you a node and you want your node to have higher priority. It's not the tokens that are important --- it's the whole new economy that will emerge from the ChainLINK infrastructure. And ironically that is what will make the token so valuable - the fact that keeping it locked up in a node, and building up more link through time, will increase your node priority will make it more profitable to HOLD chainlink and make money through your smart contracts than it would be for hosting a node and then selling the tokens on for "passive income".

Do other Anons agree?
When this dawned on me, I thought oh shit I'm gonna be rich.

YOU MUST BE CERTAIN THAT THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE WHAT YOU DESIRE
CERTAINTY CREATES INTENTION
INTENTION CREATES BELIEF
BELIEF CREATES UNDOUBTEDNESS
WHEN THERE IS NO DOUBT THERE WILL BE NO CHOICE BUT FOR IT TO MANIFEST INTO REALITY
NOW WE ARE CERTAIN, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL
DON'T JUST THINK ABOUT IT WITH YOUR CONSCIOUS MIND
FEEL IT - FEEL WHAT IT'S LIKE TO MAKE IT
FEEL THE EMOTIONS YOU WILL FEEL WHEN LINK HITS $1,000
FEEL THE EMOTIONS OF YOU BUYING YOU DREAM HOUSE AND CAR
FEEL THEM ALL AS THOUGH IT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW IN THE PRESENT MOMENT
IF YOU CAN FEEL IT BEFORE YOU CAN SPEAK IT, THEN THE MANIFESTATION IS WELL ON IT'S WAY!

how about this
If most of link gets staked in nodes, and all these nodes get paid in link, and hold onto the link, then we could eventually have all the link staked in nodes, with none circulating.

What then?

by selling the tokens for "passive income", as you put it, we would ensure that the cycle continues

would this not be the better option for the long run?

Don't worry user. I will keep one Link out of circulation and I will auction it off for $1,000,000,000,000,000.

Price of link would reach infinity

Perhaps at a certain point you don't need any more tokens, or you're so far ahead from the node below you, you can sell some.

Yup 10k EOY

just bought 3mm more

lamboland next Tuesday bois

it's more akin to owning chickens before people discovered eggs, actually.

I have a feeling 1k link is undervalued thanks to this staking feature.

What?
If it's more profitable for a business to hold LINK in nodes than it is to sell them, why would they sell them?

Only retail investors would sell them, I suppose. Or individual node operators. Nodes from big corporations won't function purely to generate LINK. They will be part of a network that simply underlies an industry that makes its own money.

Listen up guys

vocaroo.com/i/s1GTq7ToPRmX

If nothing is up for sale, the price will be 0.

Close your eyes, try to clear any thoughts you are having
Take long, slow, deep breathes and put all your focus and attention onto your breathing
iiiiiiiinnnn.................... ooooooooooooouuuut

good. Do this for a few minutes, then -
VISUALIZE yourself becoming rich through your LINK investment
ANTICIPATE the things you will buy with your new found abundance of wealth
IMAGINE as though it is all happening now in the present moment, for the present moment is all that truly exists
MOST IMPORTANTLY
FEEL the way you will FEEL when that moment comes and you make it!
FEELING THE EMOTION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN JUST VISUALIZING THE IMAGES!

Now open your eyes, look in a mirror, and recite these affirmations (use/add your own that is relevant to the reality you want to create once you make it)
I AM RICH
I AM WEALTHY
I AM A MILLIONAIRE
LINK HAS GIVEN ME INFINITE ABUNDANCE
It's important to do this when you wake up and before you go to bed, but do it as often as possible. Also hold the image and idea of us making it and LINK being worth $1,000 or more in your mind as you fall to sleep.

WHEN WE DO THIS COLLECTIVELY MY LINK BROTHERS, THE UNIVERSE WILL SEE TO IT THAT CERTAIN EVENTS, PEOPLE AND CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ALIGN AND BE ATTRACTED TO US - THAT WILL ALLOW OUR DESIRE TO MANIFEST INTO REALITY!
I love you all

What makes you think that you can add more to your node at anytime?

>Owning Chainlink will be similar to owning oil
manipulated by governments and goes up in flames?

fantastic

What? I never said that. I don't think anyone knows if you can add and withdraw LINK from your node at will, actually.

More link is added to nodes when they complete their job properly, the idea of getting "passive income". But I'm saying that isn't where the value will lie for the corporations.

stupid nigger wasting life savings on a scam < stinky link selling a watch that isn't a necessity

The link that is payment is not added to nodes. It is sent to a wallet.
You can't add it into a node, you can't compound interest here.

Also the value for the corporations is the actual smart contract network, not the token. Who the fuck are you?

you are a MANIAC!

Is this real

How likely is it that LINK will hit bitcoin-tier prices?
i.e. $10,000 or more?

idk, why dont you tell us how likely you think it is

you big fat fuck

yes

WUT

Not out of the realm of possibility. 2025+ is when I'd expect anything like that from chainlink.

So when do i get to shit on instagram girls?

>The link that is payment is not added to nodes. It is sent to a wallet.
>You can't add it into a node, you can't compound interest here.

Where the fuck did you hear that? That's not true at all. Link is added or subtracted from your node. Prove me wrong.

>Also the value for the corporations is the actual smart contract network, not the token.
Yes, that's what I just said?
If you think massive corporations want to sell shitcoins on Binance you are sadly mistaken.

Price predictions are ABSOLUTELY useless. Nobody has a fucking clue where the $ tag will end up, there are simply too many variables. Asking about price will immediately expose you as a newfag who doesn't care about the tech, i.e. a cancer pajeet.

Never

The technology may have moved on by then. I wouldn't make crypto investment thinking that far into the future

Delusional. $100 is not that unreasonable assuming Ethereum triples in price and LINK is 10% the value of Ethereum.

$10 -> 95%

$100 -> 75%

$1000 -> 50%

$10,000 -> 10%

>blockchain agnostic

Checked

>newfag who doesn't care about the tech
this is Veeky Forums, not /g/

Where did you hear otherwise?
Prove me wrong.
Quit assuming shit and spreading rumors, this community is full of info moochers already. This token could make you rich, but it will never make your retarded face popular.

Confirmed just bought 100k chickens

How do I buy Link on binance using BTC? I literally just moved some BTC into binance from gdax, never done this before.

>Where did you hear otherwise?
Pretty sure Linkpool.io or the guy said it in a comment on Reddit somewhere. I read it somewhere, not sure exactly where, but I didn't just imagine it. If I find it I'll post it here.

You said they go to a wallet - I never read that anywhere? Show where you read that. Otherwise you're the one who is "assuming shit and spreading rumors" aren't you?
>Quit assuming shit and spreading rumors
That's not what I'm doing: I'm speculating about what the future will look like. There is a difference

can't have smartcontracts without oracle's, can't have chickens without eggs.

I'M VISUALISING $0 LINKIES HAHA FUCK YOU!

Found it, faggot.

medium.com/linkpool/linkpool-economics-ac8642a75801

LINK will be paid back to the node. Not to a wallet. Quit pulling shit out of your ass.

To reiterate my point: large corporations dont need to make "passive income" off LINK tokens. LINK will be the infrastructure that allows them to make money through a complex network of API feeds, payments, smart contracts etc.

Sergey also said at his last conference on Sunday that node operators will be paid in LINK tokens. dont believe the fud.

Nice try, cunt.
I know what i know because I went and looked for it.

>DYOR
>DUURRRRR

link's value isn't tied to ether or cryptos' value. Once the network starts, contracts will be written that use the network that deal in USD and other currencies (primarily at first perhaps years down the line cryptos will be a bigger deal). Links value will then based on a percentage of what node operators receive based on smart contracts that use the network (a percentage of the USD value of the contract). The price of ether will be irrelevant and in the not so distant future alts will be traded against the USD; don't tell anyone I told you this but link will be getting its own fiat ramp as a natural extension of mainstream adoption that sergey is working on.

This also ignores the blockchain agnostic feature which means LINK is even less tied to the success or failure (also, price) of the ethereum platform.

That said approaching bitcoins price is out of the question. Just think about how much each node would have to be worth and since we're depending on a large amount of tokens to be out of circulation there is a natural cap on the price.

I just linked it What the fuck is wrong with you? You were wrong about LINK being paid to a wallet rather than a node. Apologise. Apologise for spreading fake news.

much love
t. 3k linker

Estimate on that natural price cap please

>Links value will then based on a percentage of what node operators receive based on smart contracts that use the network (a percentage of the USD value of the contract)
So you think LINK's value will depend on the value of the deals being done by big corporations?

Foolish nolinker. Your negative energy burned up in the atmosphere of positive vibration wave energy surrounding this planet.

will I make it with my 12 chickens?
poorfag here...

We will get to the Darkside of the MOON

Has link become a symbol of post-irony? Are these posts sincere? Does sincerity even matter or exist anymore?

Well I originally had 60k LINK and sold with a profit. Lost much in the BTC fuckery though. Rebought for a solid 10k now and transfered it on my Ledger.

But maybe when LINK really reaches 10$ I'm suicidal for not having more, but well. For the off chance LINK really goes crazy I don't wanna miss out completely. There is literally no reason to not have some LINK, seriously.

Still thinking about increasing my position. But if Sergey dies to a heart attack we are all fucked.

1000 LINK circulating supply
LINK 7,777,777 EOD

This is the most retarded comparison I've seen. Fucking kys uneducated faggot.

boomer detected. enjoy your minimal gains when the debt bubble implodes.

Stupid question but I just bought 4k CHAINLINK in Binance, and it's just sitting in Binance currently, I know this isn't exact;y secure. What's the best way to store my LINK?

Sorry I'm new to this

Yes, the daily 100,000 posts about Link on Veeky Forums are all just for fun..........

kek

it has gone layers deep almost as deep as s4s.

>Stupid question but I just bought 4k CHAINLINK in Binance, and it's just sitting in Binance currently, I know this isn't exact;y secure. What's the best way to store my LINK?
buy a ledger nano s directly from their website and send your tokens to the ETH wallet for cold storage, access through MEW, hide it somewhere safe and forget about it for a year or two

Yes, take the example of swift bond payments. They'll pay a small percentage of the value transferred to access the network. This has literally nothing to do with the price of any cryptocurrency.

Think about how many tokens nodes would hold multiplied times the price. Then also multiply the number of nodes times the number of tokens each hold. Price appreciation will depend on fewer tokens circulating so ideally Sergey will set that as important to reputation and smart contract writers will demand a large amount of collatoral in the form of the contract bid.

But couldn't there potentially be MILLIONS of nodes? Like literally, that's what it feels like is needed if smart contracts are going to take over the world, cause you never know what obscure data someone might want. Every kind of data conceivable could be provided

You joke though but I don't believe anyone could be this delusional. The only rational explanation is some kind of performance art.

maybe we're thinking too small if the network really is important. $1000 x 10k tokens is $10 million dollars? Does that sound like a reasonable number? I don't know. My gut says yes but if it really is that important of a system transferring that much money... Then that node operator would expect a return of a few percent, say 3% a year which would be 300k. 300k x 500 nodes = 150 million dollars in total value going across the network. It begins to feel rather small don't you maybe we're being too conservative? Of course this is all years away and these numbers are all guesses so this is a pointless exercise, but it's helpful to think about the value this way.

Not really, there are only 6k bitcoin nodes and institutions are finally ready to get involved. I believe Rory said the network was meant for up to 10,000 nodes, and Sergey said they'd only need to convert a small number of the 19k interested node operators to have a network to start with.

10,000,000,000x here we come!

$1k is relatively short-term
long term it's conservative

kek what the fuck, dumbest shit i've read all day

not at all, I think everyone here is just impatient and doesn't realize how far away smart contracts going mainstream is. It'll happen but the institutions with this kind of money will take a long time to make a change this big.

Isn't the whole point decentralisation though? I thought you'd want multiple nodes being able to give the temperature in Cairo yesterday lunchtime so that you can trust the data?

to add, look at how long blockchain adoption has taken despite it's very obvious advantages for a shit ton of industries like supply chains and international money transfers like SWIFT and remittances.

Yes? What's your point? He said just to get the network running so they can test. Even 5% of 19000 is 380 and there's a financial incentive to run a node unlike bitcoin so it's likely the number of chainlink nodes will surpass bitcoin. I believe even nano has under 1000 nodes and that's pretty much assumed to be secure for the moment.

you could make a religion out of this

oh you wandered off far little buddy, see pic related

ignore that math being completely wrong.

tfw you only have 124 000 000 000$

True, I guess I just see the potential data that could be provided as so infinate as to almost make an industry in itself, plus the fact that you don't need link to run a node. I can imagine some real niche small nodes appearing providing obscure data like astronomical stuff or obscure sports events like race walking.

I only have 2K Link...