What is the point of a deep fryer?

Just heat oil in a pot you dummy.

consistent heat
no thermometer needed
easier cleanup

>implying I used a thermometer when I use a pot

It's not that hard m8

>no thermometer needed
and this is how you end up with poorly fried food. Always check your temp.

>consistent heat
lol, please tell me how a pot on the stove is not receiving consistent heat from the burner

>What is the point of a deep fryer?
Thermostat controlled oil temperature and safety features to prevent boil over or overheating. I can't think of another reason except more commercial applications that allows oil to be reused or last longer. For home use, I think having a lid could provide some protection to not having a quality fume hood exhaust system, for frequent use, and of course for a price, there are air-frying and some health promising machines.

You should probably understand that frying right at the exact right temperature isn't too terribly unhealthy with no saturation in properly drained foods, but will you be frying daily? Weekly? Do you want to watch your temperature as you do batches of wings over and over? Or plantains or whatever the heck you adore? I don't own one and probably wouldn't need one, but I don't make threads about how other people are ridiculous for having one. Stop comparing others to yourself. For some people that one cultural thing they do once a year on holidays is reason enough for it to be exquisitely delicious. If you have storage, money and desire, to each their own.

I think he's saying this because a lot of deep fryers these days come with their own built in thermometer.

not constant retard, consistent. two different words

>easier cleanup
dude it's the exact same. you still have a giant container of oil to store/dispose of properly and a big vessel to wash. It's literally the same as using a pot on the stove. stop being lazy.

Again how is the heat not consistent on a stove top? Do you turn off the burner on accident or something??

I know that they do. But how do you know they're accurate? My oven tells me it's at 325 F but when I check with my thermocouple it's actually about 305 F. don't trust what an appliance tells you without verifying it first; it's just common sense.

depends what you cook on.

Maybe a gas stovetop would have a more consistent heat, but electric burners cycle on and off

>cycles on and off in order to stop it overheating and keep it at a consistent temperature

Flyover detected

I use to pour all the oil into the sink. Is that ok?

When I was a kid and my parents used the deep frier they would have me dump it in the ditch across the street.

What you should probably do though is pour it in some type of disposable container and put it out with your garbage.

Which is exactly why your food isn't as good as places that do

no

it clogs your plumbing

>deeper than most pans
>don't have to worry about fucking up a pan
>can close the lid on mine so I don't end up with grease stains all over my kitchen
>temperature control
>basket so I don't have to stick tongs in boiling oil

Despite all this, I hardly use my deep fryer. It's just too much work to clean out when I'm storing it, and it just makes food greasier and fatter. I've only used it the past few times to make corn dogs or deep fried pickles/onions, but I don't make those that much. I can easily eat chicken or French fries fried in a shallow oil pan.

I just pour it in the tree line separating the neighborhor's property.

Only if you use a fat that's solid at room temperature.

So I made fried chicken myself for the first time yesterday out of my cast iron skillet. It was pretty gud, but oil pops fucking everywhere. How can I prevent this?

Do those mesh things you put over pans help? I would just be concerned that it would cause the oil to get even hotter and bubble fucking everywhere

Use a cast iron dutch oven instead. It's deeper and it even has a lid to prevent oil splatters