Any good recipes for a crock pot / slow cooker that aren't just putting in a bunch of meat, potatoes...

Any good recipes for a crock pot / slow cooker that aren't just putting in a bunch of meat, potatoes, and vegetables and letting it cook for 12 hours?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/jeff-mauro/slow-cooked-cuban-sandwich-recipe.html
healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2008/august/sun-dried-tomato-and-chicken-pilaf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you do realize that thats what its main thing is right?

BBQ Chicken.
2lbs skinless boneless chicken breast.
1cup BBQ
1/4cup Brown Sugar
1/4cup Zesty Italian Dressing
1tbsp Worcestershire Sauce

Throw in chicken. Mix up all sauces in bowl. Throw in sauce. Cook on high for 3.5 hrs. Shred with forks.

Apple crumble.

SALSA CHICKEN

I like to do chicken and dumplings in mine since I don't own a crock pot to do it with otherwise.

>Family sized can Cream of Chicken
>can of chicken broth
>chicken breast (or whatever else you want)
>favorite vegetables to put in a stew (and potatoes)

So here's what I do
>add the family sized cream of chicken + can of chicken broth, then add some seasonings like salt and pepper. (If you want to be fancy, oil the pot beforehand. Helps it not stick as bad)
>At this point I'll usually start it on high since health officials get really pissy about chicken being undercooked in a crock pot. I've never had a problem with it but I figured it doesn't hurt to be safe
>Chop up potatoes and put them in
>chop up chicken breast and toss it in
>Cook on high for 2-2.5 hours
>Afterwards, go chop up your vegetables and throw them in.
>If you have dumplings premade, throw them in. I'm lazy as fuck and I just take a can of biscuit dough, rip it up into tiny balls, and throw it in to make dumplings
>cook for another hour
>delicious.

It's not complex in the slighest, yet every person I've ever made it for raves about it. I've never made my own dumplings before ,but I'm going to next time around.

that's literally the purpose of a slow cooker

you can make breads if you have a decent slow cooker but what's the fucking point when a faggot like you can't be assed to look up a recipe let alone actually COOK something

Buy boneless chicken tenders
Red chunky salsa any kind
Green chunky salsa any kind
Black beans

Let the chicken cook until done then add other stuff until beans are cooked

Serve with white rice

I got one of these things. It's pretty good and the recipe booklet that came with it has been spot on for everything I've made. There's a nice chicken piccata dish with quinoa and steamed asparagus that takes like 20 minutes to make.

I don't have the recipe on hand but this is pretty good. Just get like a 7 lb pork butt, cut the majority of the fat off, put it in the slow cooker, put the marinade mix over it, low for 8 hours. Take it out, pull the pork, put a little residual juice with the pork, mix.

Google a slow cooker Cuban sandwich recipe. It's from the Food Network. Has limes, oranges, and various spices. I think the recipe calls for a 3 pound butt so i double the spices and fruits. Normally either make sandwiches or a Cuban style pizza and then freeze the rest for sandwiches later.

Pretty good desu senpai. I'll see if I can find it quick and post.

Yeah here it is. Like I said, I buy a 7 lb butt and double the marinade portion and put it on low for 8 hours.

foodnetwork.com/recipes/jeff-mauro/slow-cooked-cuban-sandwich-recipe.html

Throw a whole chicken in there with some stock.

I mean, you're basically asking us to define dishes, and then completely throw away what they were made for.

You can make a mad good chicken soup in the winter with a whole chicken. You just have to be careful to get all the bones out of there. I'd recommend some heavy duty rubber kitchen gloves for that. Quickly go in and remove the skeleton. Get well aware of the whole chicken so you know you got everything. A lot of people are stupid and use chicken breast rather than whole chicken for a nice soup.

If you have the time skim all the crap off of the top for a clear broth.

Oh and skin the chicken first. Nobody likes boiled skin in their soup.

Crock pot = guaranteed dry meat. I can't figure out why.

>this can't possibly be real
>reverse GIS
>it's fucking real

the only thing you are limited by is your imagination

>crockpot
>dry meat

What in the everloving fuck are you trying to make with it?

Post a typical recipe/method of yours.

>dry meat
wut

I've made 5 different things in the slow cooker so far and that's the one thing I love about it:
the meat is tender and juicy, full of all the flavors I've put in there

adjust your quantities of sauces, watery veggies, and water/stock (even knorr 'stock' works very well)

and when you put the meat in, make sure it's surrounded by stuff or submerged into the sauce/liquid, don't just throw it on top

I got'chu famfam
there's no time
take this
>healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2008/august/sun-dried-tomato-and-chicken-pilaf

post results

pic related
>my result
>might not look amazing but it's fucking tasty
>made it twice so far

Faggot.>desu senpai
Faggot.

I smell a little bit of butthurt, dearie. Maybe you should calm down, get a drink.

Pulled pork, but I highly recommend finishing under a broiler for them crispy ends.

What are word filters?

If you commonly use the words that are filtered, you're even more of a faggot than someone who would use the replacement words normally.

Exactly. Stop the coon speak and it won't happen.
Faggot.

The real reason I got it is because when I went to the store to buy a crockpot they all had THE most flimsy cheap feeling piece of shit knobs and dials, except for the Ninja which actually felt like it was built half-way decently. I'm actually surprised how much I've used it for non-crockpot things.

About to make some curry in it right now.

>user used Mallard Reaction
>It's super effective!

Alas I am a poorfag, so the vast majority of this curry is filler potatoes.

Now that the water and chicken broth as been added and is simmering away, it's time to prepare my secret family spice recipe. Sorry, I can't tell you what's in it.

It's a secret~

And finished! One pot of curry made in a crock pot. Took about a lazy hour from prep to completion.

That thing looks better than a crock pot, if only because it can actually do high-heat as well.

That's why I use a simple ceramic dutch oven for anything like that.

I can put it on my gas stove and into the oven after searing things.

If I had a gas stove I would absolutely own one of those Le Cruset pots, but I have a glass top electric stove. It has two temperatures.

>not hot enough
>way too fucking hot

I like to cook beans in a slow cooker. black, pinto, lentil etc.

Barbacoa, stuff is cash money

>Any good recipes for a crock pot / slow cooker that aren't just putting in a bunch of meat, potatoes, and vegetables and letting it cook for 12 hours?
No.

saying t bh f am is even more faggy than the word filters thats why they exist dumb fucking white boi pucci