/beer general/

I got these 5 beers at a discount

Not a great connoisseur of beers
Which ones are the best?

also, /beer general/

That puff is 10/10.
Been drinking this stuff. It's delicious.

Of those I've only had the Chimay and it's great

sierra nevada is bottom of the barrel IPA
is doing it right, founders is great try their centennial IPA

SN makes really damn good lagers. I like them better than any ipa they sell. Also I've had the centennial and it is great, but I'm a lightweight and don't like being slightly drunk off 2 or 3 beers. The session beer surge is a blessing to me

I haven't had that particular flavor of Andechs, but in general that's a fantastic abbey brewery. If you like the Chimay, you should try the rest of the Trappist beers.

try some of sierra nevadas porters theyre pretty gud

>centennial IPA

hands down my favorite IPA

>Andechser
>Ruthless Rye
Noice

Who makes the best looking caps? I'm going to make magnets out of my favorite caps soon.

Chimay blue is fantastic.
Have not sampled any of the others.

agreed, my favorite trappist so far. I'm wondering, how much does a bottle of it cost in the US? (Assuming OP is American since most of Veeky Forums seems to be US-based)

It's about €1,49 in NL

I'm partial to belgian strongs in general but the others are all high tier.

hitachino nest is definitely one of the most kawaii

some of my faves are
shiner (lots of different ones with a retro/antique sign feel to them)
kona brewing (lizard in a tribal design that comes in a lot of colors)
ommegang (rearing lion on a grey/black checkered field)

This tastes oddly like strawberries.

here is my predicament I have to go to a cookout at around 5:30-6, I haven't eaten anything all day, I usually have a routine of drinking 7-10 beers a night I get started around 7pm my question is how long should I wait after eating to begin drinking so that I can still get a good buzz....I don't want to waste beer by not catching a buzz......also I don't want to look like an alcoholic by saying "i cant eat because im drinking later".....any advice?

I'd say pic related is a classic.

any lads here tried Sierra Nevada's Kellerweiss?

this is delicious.

SN IPA >>> Founders IPA

>Chimay Blue

Its a class above the others.

Just did tonight. It was pretty nice.

The west coast will forever be behind the midwest when it comes to ipas.

>Live in Ohio
>We FINALLY abolished the 12%abv law
>DFH 120 was already out so that'll take a year
>Goose Islands big stouts keep getting recalled
>Just want Prarie Bombs

>I like shitty pilsners that just get hopped up at the end of the brew
>this is what sierra nevada drinkers actually believe

So what are some beers that legitimately taste GOOD? Like I don't have to think about how it tastes to view it as good. I tried IPAs and they are too bitter for me. I yet haven't had a beer that when I drank it I thought "this is very good and tasty or invigorating". It always felt like I forced myself to enjoy it. Any recs?

new belgium fat tire.

I have had numerous beers over the years. This one I still have. Whenever I can.

Hefeweizens are some of the most accessible beers around

Blue Moon is pretty good for a starter beer.

Try stouts and porters. Darker, maltier beers tend to taste like roasted coffee and chocolate and shit, and are way easier to get into than hopped up stuff

This is a lovely summer beer, very fresh.

This shit is delicious. If only it didn't take months for it to make it here to the US.

Fat Tire is like the ideal version of what I think of for 'BEER.' It does nothing special, yet it does basic pretty damn well and for a decent price.

I have the exact opposite taste apparently. I want to like stouts/porters as it sounds like shit I'd like, but every time I find I can't finish it.

piss poor pour dude, practice that.

Which Chimay should I start with? Same goes for Westmalle

BA didn't like it, but I am really digging this one lately. A little weak though

What's the fucking point in session beers? I feel like this beer ripped me off

Polishing off one of these before bed. Tasty stuff.

I agree. Nice and fruity, perfect for summer.

I would recommend Allagash or Franziskaner

less alcohol so you can drink for longer without getting too drunk.

they're for old people or something i guess.

Allagash is a witbier. I think witbiers are better than hefeweizens, but that just might be me.

Speaking of, you (plural) need to try this.

Sometimes the weather is hot and you just want to pound back a few beers without getting too buzzed. I personally just went full alcoholic, beer doesn't do much for me no matter the ABV. It's liberating. I can drink as much or as little as I want.

People either love this or hate it. I think it's refreshing as fuck and only get that nice watermelon taste on the finish. I liked that it actually tasted like the fruit and not some artificial flavoring.

How many beers do you normally drink? I try to drink a whole 6 pack but always fall asleep after 5

I usually have 2 or 3 a night

It is a beer general so I wanted to say how difficult it can be finding Guinness on tap in some parts of the world. Stouts go great if you're on a vegetable heavy diet.

digits say pilsner urquell is best for summer sipping

Holy shit

nice

Most impressive senpai

Pilsner Urquell now official summer beer, all summers.

can anybody explain to me why ciders are so fucking boring? you look at wine and beer and you can taste the differences between each one, and each one is markedly different. cider on the other hand is just a 2 dimensional line between sweet and tart. can any brew-bros explain this? would there be a way to brew it myself where I could make it interesting short of just adding other fruit tones?

Had Full Sail's Cascade Pilsner today, liked it so much more than Urquell

I've stopped drinking hopped-up IPAs for the time being in favor of lawn mower beers.

Founder's Dirty Bastard Wee Heavy is a ting of beauty.

As for OP, they're already ranked correctly: right is best, left is worst.

Urquell defines pilsner. 正しい。

888888% checked

Protip: For the most part, a brand of cider that you can buy in a 6-pack is about as complex as a brand of beer you can buy in a 30-rack.

Stay away from anything with a TV commercial(Angry Orchard, Woodchuck, Smith & Forge, etc.) and you'll be way better off; find a big liquor store and start looking at singles. Pick a few based on gut feeling and then when you drink them, take notes - even if the notes are just in your head. If you like or dislike one, check the bottle for descriptive words ("woody", "vanilla", "berry", etc.) and then once you've drunk up and noted all you've bought you can refine your search and/or branch out even further.

My personal favorite is Bite; its 7% ABV and comes in 16oz. cans so each one is roughly the equivalent of a double of 80 proof and it's extremely dry and tart with strong carbonation.

Ive sampled a few higher end ciders and definately noticed some differences, but I guess Im just disappointed that the differences arent really as interesting and varied as in other alcohols

ten pravý!

>sn is bottom of the barrel
>founder is great
the gap in quality isn't that big

green man
I've still somehow never had this beer. I just know it will be bad

confirmed summer beer for every summer, period.

This, Bell's Two Hearted remains the best IPA I've tasted

>I've still somehow never had this beer. I just know it will be bad
Quality seems to quickly diminish the further you're away from the brewery for some reason. I had Pilsner Urquell right at the brewery and it was GOAT. Trying it again in Austria and in the States was quite disappointing.

Now there's a get I can get behind.

This is probably the best all around ipa right now.

Half acre/shorts - Freedom of '78

Pretty solid, ive never had a guava flavored IPA and they went all out on the flavor with this one. Half acres other pales ales are better (especially beer hates astronauts, that beer is a masterpiece) but i would buy again. Bought directly from the brewery

Last pint out od the keg on this one and the next batch is still a week away from hitting the keg!

Best beer i ever brewed and one of the best ones i ever had!

It's $15-20 for the larger bottle where I live, but I'm from the south so we're probably lucky to have it at all. I assume the store jacks up the price but I still buy one as a treat once in a while.

Welp, they have it in stock at my store.

Trying pic related tonight. I like KBS, but have yet to try this stuff. Thoughts?

Its similar to KBS. KBS is a lot better but SMS is still extremely good

that's awesome

a better version of this image would have the card between the pointer and middle fingers of his right hand

Guess i need to get rid of all the other beers i got.

I live in LA, and it's about $15 a bottle at BevMo, but I was able to find it for $10 at Smart & Final, which was a pretty hype moment.

Killer, I am going to drink one too. SMS is less smooth and less chocolatey than KBS and I don't really have a preference but SMS is much cheaper and easy to buy.

Why are sour beers a thing?

Same reason beers with 40% apv exist, some people just have odd tastes.

Huh. I thought it was pretty good. Kind of like KBS's less impressive, but still cool, next door neighbor.

I found it more coffee like and boozy and less chocolatey. Still a great beer.

Ironically a 4-pack cost me more than one of KBS did, though it was from a different store, so whatever. The place carrying SMS never managed to sell any somehow and still have a few boxes.

Sours are great. Definitely an acquired taste though.

Highest I ever tried was Avery's Mephistopheles. Shit was brutal to drink, but novel to try once I guess.

chimay red compared to blue is just a little tamer, to my taste, but they aren't hugely different. i find westmalle overrated as trappists go and prefer rochefort personally

finally a get worth getting

they're tasty

Nice, I'm having the vallejo IPA now

Hnng

Um yes they are.

Red taste like banana, sugar, toffee and light chocolate.

Blue tastes like blue cheese, leather carbonation and a hint of blueberries.

Maybe your drunken ass failed to notice but they're quite different desu.

missed a comma between leather and carbonation

Westmalle only has two beers and I've had both, but the Triple was ages ago and I can't really comment on it.
I had the Dubbel quite recently. It has an unique bread-y taste combined with a profile that reminds me strongly of the Finnish drink Kotikalja (akin to Russian kvass). It's a good beer and worth trying.

It's usually not as easy as saying 'this Trappist is better than that one'. They are different beers with different profiles, and what's better or worse depends on what you like. Usually they're all worth trying.

Dont. Trappists are overrated raisin water

Ignore the trappist beers and drink st. bernardus abt 12, the only trappist thats better is westy 12.

That said, chimay white is my favorite of theirs

6-8 two or three times a week

Are the Trappist glasses really best for their respective beers? Seems like they'll just kill off the head.

More importantly, why not drink everything out of a tulip?

I agree that the whole "proper glassware" thing is bullshit. A wine glass (or Teku) is the best since you
a) Concentrate the aromas
b) If you want to slow down the warming of the beer you hold it by the stem
c) If you want to speed up the warming (barley wine, imperial stout etc) you just hold the bowl

While Trappist beers are far from the only good Belgians I'd say it's retarded to call them overrated. They have a very high lowest level and none of them are downright shit.

Ive tried a good amount and they've all been extremely underwhelming and overpriced. Fuck trappists.