What's a good starter Chinese meal to make? I've never cooked Asian from scratch

What's a good starter Chinese meal to make? I've never cooked Asian from scratch.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mCknnSo6djI
youtu.be/bAaAf_T-ygY
youtu.be/hfxledIyK6I
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutter_oil
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ramen.

Usually, culturally deprived whites just add random ginger, sriracha, and sesame oil to any meat, vegetable, or seafood. This makes it asian.

If you want to take it to the next level, try basil (literally any kind of basil will do because arr rook same). You can also add chopped peanuts, lime, and, for the extra-cultured, dark soy sauce which is kind of like "normal" soy sauce (i.e., La Choy brand from the "foreign foods" aisle at walmart), but has more culture.

Serve with ramune soda, tsingtao, or, if you want to fancy it up, some shitty fucking $10 riesling (I heard riesling goes with "Asian" food LMAO it's so spicy! also the gewurztraminer and the prosecco, LMAO spicy!!)

What's a good intermediate Chinese meal to make?

Are you angry about something?

youtu.be/mCknnSo6djI
I've made this. Can confirm - easy to make and delicious.

Blocked. Thanks 4.

intermediate to advanced dumpling recipe -
youtu.be/bAaAf_T-ygY

Sounds great, thanks for the suggestion.

Were you raped by a white person that had a misguided grasp of Asian cuisine or did you just have a bad day?

Spring rolls.

honey chicken is pretty simple. Plus this guys youtube is pretty great it's all from his restaurant.

youtu.be/hfxledIyK6I

>Chinese
>Asian

Chinese food you know was invented here in the states, user.

Basically, just fry salted chicken pieces coated in corn starch, coat with a sugary sauce that includes chilis, garlic, and soy, and serve over white rice.

Chinese food is nasty greasy slop

>white person that had a misguided grasp of Asian cuisine
You could have just said "white person"

>You could have just said "white person"
That's pretty racist, friend.

Some of us have spent considerable time in the orient, and plenty of US-born Asians have no clue what actual Chinese food is.

>in the orient
Are you a veteran of the Opium Wars or the Boxer Rebellion or some such thing?

Just fry meat to the point of overdone and add a bunch of salt to it to give it actual taste

There, Chinese food made easy

hey since your the expert can you help me source some authentic, real Chinese ingredients for that authentic je ne sais quoi?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutter_oil

No.

Don't be a white person and think you're improving the recipe by using breast meat instead of thigh meat like the recipe says. Any pretty much every country in the world thigh meat is more expensive because it works and taste better in more dishes. Breast meat is pretty shitty outside of chicken nuggets, salads, and a couple other dishes

>In the orient

You took a couple vacations to Asia maybe, but obviously didn't learn much

>but obviously didn't learn much
What was she supposed to learn that is obvious that she didn't?

You forgot that it also needs cornstarch.

Literally no one uses that term anymore, except for extremely out of touch people. If the person is trying to brag about spending time there then their use of the term makes it obvious they did very little interacting with the locals, didn't get very deep in to the culture, and most likely just hit up mostly super English tourists friendly sites and maybe has this one "crazy" story about the time they went to a bar where no one spoke English and how it was amazing the people there seemed human because they were drinking and laughing.

>maybe has this one "crazy" story about the time they went to a bar where no one spoke English and how it was amazing the people there seemed human because they were drinking and laughing.
I see you've been to /trv/

only americans get triggered by Orient and Oriental.

it literally means east.

Have you considered that you could be incredibly wrong on all accounts?

Sounds like bitter projection.

>This person has the ability to travel so they must be an out-of-touch stereotypical tourist!

Chop and cook sirloin tip.
Sautée onions and peppers.
Throw on rice.

It comes from experience talking to tourists that are surprised I can actually read the menu when I see them at some of the more famous bars

onions, peppers, oils, spices/seeds
add meat (possibly fried)
thrown on rice/noodle/whatever

Stir fry vegetables and meat. Boil udon, cook with the stir fry. Add coconut milk, soy sauce, hoison, pepper, green onion and some seranos/jalapenos. Cook until the "sauce" thickens on the noodles. Eat. Profit.

Is there where I say I know the owner of Salsa Caribe in Beijing?

And that I am acquaintances with a reputable yacht dealer in the same area?

What's your story? Second gen immigrant?

>I hang out with the international expat crowd in the capital city of a country
That isn't really helping your case (not the guy you're arguing with)

The owner of Caribe is a native.

The yacht dealer is a native, who only went to the US to get their masters.

These aren't expats.

>only
The owner of an expat bar, and an internationally educated yacht dealer. That is the epitome of the "expat crowd".

Just stop, you're doing that Veeky Forums thing where you pretend that you're the only person here who isn't a NEET and as soon as you find another non-NEET you start e-peening.

That's all well and good, but at the end of the day, I've spent enough time in China in people's homes and at the local hangouts, enough to have a pretty good understanding of actual Chinese food.

You could have just said that and not contributed to the other guy's argument that you're an out of touch tourist who thinks yelling broken English at the locals will make them understand you better

I didn't contribute to his argument at all.

I am a white person with an intimate understanding of multiple regions of Chinese cuisine.

That user implied that if you are white, you cannot understand any asian foods.

>I am a white person with an intimate understanding of multiple regions of Chinese cuisine.
That may be, I'm less inclined to believe you now that you name dropped an expat bar owner as evidence of your deep cultural understanding

Chinese food is usually rice + multiple side dishes, so it's hard to pick a single recipe for a 'meal.' I wouldn't recommend baozi or dumplings either unless you're used to making your own tortellini, and quite frankly, the taste/texture is limited since the filling is steamed.

A popular, and probably easy to make breakfast is steamed egg custard with a thin layer of meat sauce (soy sauce based) paired with scallion pancakes. Normally it'll be eaten with several other salty side-dishes, similar to Korean cuisine if you're familiar with that. But, for the amount of effort/reward, this is a good choice to start with, and scallion pancakes are delicious and versatile.

And when I say the meat sauce is soy-sauce based, I just mean it's salty. It is probably made from soy-bean paste, not sauce.

I live in Japan, but travel pretty often to China

Only SJWs you mean.

Orient and occident are just basic geographic terms. Plus if some chinky eyed orientals want to call me an occidental IDGAF.

Do you wanna talk it out with us user? It's okay this is a safe space.

>she
how are people still this stupid

thanks for the keks

wow this is white guy cooks stirfry at its finest.