Need a French Press recommendation, there's too damn many

Need a French Press recommendation, there's too damn many.

I don't get autistic about my coffee but I don't want some plastic shit that'll break in a year. Money's tight so I'll go with something in the $10-30.

Suggestions?

Simple, aesthetic, sold practically everywhere.

Bodum is fine. I don't like the new "brazil" model.. works fine and is probably just as reliable, but I find it harder to clean.

Basically just don't cheap out. What you want is something with a good fine mesh and a solid spring/good fit. If the mesh can't be replaces it's probably shit. The cheaper ones have weaker springs or little gaps that let grounds through.

Really though, a french press is pretty simple, and if you spend at least $30 on it, you're probably fine.

I went to a starbucks to get my bodum. They sell cheaper ones because the outer plastic frame holding the glass jar is "recycled". Its cheap and it works great imo.

>I don't get autistic about my coffee
>Wants a french press.

Now's a good time to get autistic then.

Go to IKEA and buy one. It's class and 9.99 or something. That's the one I have.

Glass I mean.

I don't care at all about aesthetics (unless it's absolute trash), mainly going for reliable/won't explode/cheap

I saw bodum a lot when I started looking on amazon. I guess I'll just look at theirs and if one around 30 strikes me and has good reviews I'll just go for it.

>yfw I'm going to be using folger's

I got a Bodum from a thrift store, the one with the glass carafe and black plastic holder. It works just fine.

I also have a Mr Coffee French press that is just absolute garbage, let's way too many coffee grounds through the mesh filter on the sides.

Just get a Bodum, it's the standard

>using folger's

Not for long.

Any besides Mr. Coffee will be good.

Bodum beakers are weak as fuck and break if you even look at them funny.

>Bodum beakers are weak as fuck and break if you even look at them funny

Maybe if by "look at them funny" you mean knock them off the counter onto the floor. I've used the same one every day that I got for $17 a decade ago and all the moving parts are perfectly fine and the beaker doesn't have a scratch on it.

Get an aeropress or chemex instead

Vouching for Aeropress
That shit is fun

Hmm okay I'll check those out too. Why is it more fun than a Bodum?

Why do Americans drink coffee without milk?

I usually just put maple syrup in mine, some cake frosting if I want it creamy

that sounds actually incredibly sickening but also might be surprisingly good at the same time. im going to try this tomorrow.

Aero press makes a better cup of coffee, doesn't break, easy to clean, and will get you laid.

The glass looks and feels really fragile but I've been using mine's almost daily for at least 6 months and it hasn't broken. Just be more careful when you have it out and store it where someone isn't likely to knock in to it.

Because cream is better in it? Cold milk into coffee is boring and unnecessary. I use condensed milk in mines if it's disgusting bustelo. Also lactose intolerance. If it's good hipster freshly roasted stuff then adding anything into it is just wasting it.

>aeropress getting you laid
No. The french press is a lot more aesthetic and makes you look like a worldly person to plebs. The aeropress is a hunk of plastic that looks like a penis pump. Also you can actually make a cup of coffee for the other person you have over--or even for multiple grills. If you tried that with the aeropress you'd give everyone lukewarm coffee, and in that time they'll get bored and leave to go fuck Chad with his Keurig.

>folgers
Whatever coffee you use, keep in mind you're going to want a good consistent course grind, which is hard to find in a grocery store. You'll either want to go to a proper coffee shop where they'll grind it for you (or at least have a decent selection of different grinds) or invest in a _decent_ quality burr grinder (if you spend less than $100 you'll get an inconsistent grind and are really not much better off).

Personally I buy cheap beans for day to day coffee and run them through my decent-ish (Rancilio) burr grinder. The grind matters way more than the beans imo.

Bodum. People that say they break easily are obviously very clumsy.

And don't fall for the aeropress meme. It doesn't make a goddamn "concentrate" or anything "espresso-like" and you only get about 8oz max at a time. It's retarded.

I suspect a lot of people who break theirs all the time are stirring with a spoon. The glass will totally crack if you hit it with a metal spoon or similar.

Interesting. I've just always used a takeout chopstick to stir

>looks like a penis pump.
LOL, but true! Thanks for a morning laugh.

Every time I've broken one it was when I was washing it. It's an awkward sized cylinder that'll slip right out of your hand when soapy if you're not very careful. I'm not clumsy at all. Sometimes in life you just break a glass and have to buy another one.

just boil your grounds like a man

"Aero press makes a better cup of coffee,"
you meant to say " a better cup of espresso/americano"
Technically it is espresso because it is a pressure/vacuum extrusion.
I agree it is better tasting than french press which i find grainy.

what in the fuck user

I gotta remember to do this.

I dunno, OP, it's pretty hard to fuck up a french press. Just pick one in your price range at the size you want.

I haven't heard of anyone else doing it, but also I put some rolled oats in my cup and by the time it's cool enough to drink I have my morning oatmeal as well

>Technically it is espresso
No, the aeropress does not produce anywhere near 9 bars of pressure

I had one beaker break when it was dropped on the floor. So that's $45 spent in a decade of continuous use.

Espresso autist please go.

wut, literally just go to a good store known for selling decent quality products and pick one up

No one likes misinformation

Get a full stainless steel one.

>volumetric measurement rather than weight
>wack lookin grind

There's not as much variation in them as other types of coffee pots. Just get whatever.

What's the drawback to getting an all metal french press?

I'm not some newb that has to see his coffee brewing.

theres a reason why lab equipment is made out of glass

>Need a French Press recommendation, there's too damn many.
I like the plastic sleeve on my french press. It allows me to microwave it to heat the water first. Also, it provides protection when hand washing it in the sink (as compared to a sliding the other kind out of their metal sleeve in the sink washing process).

I suggest getting the smallest size that matters the most to your needs. If you only use it when you break out the good reserve coffee when entertaining company, buy the larger one. They do their best job when used to their full capacity, than say half full for 1-2 servings.

i buy a new french press every year since metalic mesh and spring are loose

You'd think you'd be able to just order a replacement plunger.