Starting a new job in a university dining hall. What should I expect?

Starting a new job in a university dining hall. What should I expect?
Pic unrelated

college students

expect to hate your life a lot

Good thing I already hate my life.

There are levels of self loathing you're not even aware of.

Have you ever been called in to work at 8 in the evening for 10, then worked until 9 in the morning, nearly fall asleep on the drive home, take a shower, and realize you're so lonely, have nobody to talk to, and just desperately want love in your life as you lay in bed, have a dream in which you argue with people you haven't spoken to in years, and then wake up to a phone call that's bringing you back to work?

I used to be a janitor at a bingo parlor. I had to work a 6 day shift during the day, then go to work at 3am to clean up at night. The tables were stained in dabbing paint, people glued their papers to the tables so I had to scrub the glue off, tables got pushed around, chairs would be moved to the other side of the room, and people loved to dump drinks and food into the trash cans, so I had to change the trash bag in at least half of the 200 or so bins.

Joke's on you, I have dreams in which I feel sensations of love and tenderness that I have neither given nor received in the real world.

I'm starting a uni dining hall job too. I'm a student though so I'm praying to god I get more than 5 hours/week, or that I'm placed in our on-campus Starbucks so I get some transferable skills

I'm imagining your future interviews after starbucks.

"Guise I have real skills! I poured milk into coffee and wrote names on the cups! That's real work and will let me do computer programming or whatever the fuck you want to hire me for!" All the while you're screaming it at them.

Why? Because you are retarded. Not meme retarded but truly retarded if you think starbucks is going to give you real skills other than how to kill yourself. Even then they are so shitty you won't even learn how to that right.

And I won't even tip you.

You'll get 5 to 20 hours a week at most. You're expendable.

You seem nice and well adjusted
All student dining jobs are shit because your manager is a dumb townie who resents you and will take it out on you passive aggressively, also you will not be allowed to work enough hours to have any money. Still, it's probably your only option as a full time student if you're in a college town, the locals will out compete you for availability on any job with dignity

You're suppsed to work at internships or co-op positions, not bitch work serving food. Enjoy unemployment when you have no experience compared to the students who did industry work during school, retard.

utter shit.

I worked for a week at mine washing dishes.

We weren't allowed to listen to music. Multiple times someone came over, interrupted me from doing my shit, specifically to tell me to take my headphones out.

as though i was hurting anybody.

fuck.

Is that what happened to you? No wonder you're so salty

it shows you can hold down a job and aren't some sort of aspie fuck

No, I did a co-op while working and got a job while watching my classmates fail for the same reasons as OP.

>Working a minimum wage cashier job for a few months.
>Proving anything to anyone.
Your personality, charisma, and intelligence are far more important to landing a real job than that shit.

>Going to college
Guess who the real idiot is.

That's weird, I did campus jobs throughout school and most of my friends were also campus job poorfags like me, nobody had any trouble getting hired

Then again I graduated before the financial crisis

I don't even see how you're supposed to intern while going to school full time, unless your campus is smack in the middle of NYC or San Francisco the only "internships" are going to be answering the phone at a dentist's office and shit like that

I got a full scholarship and got a nice job, so I guess it must be you.

My uni was in a small city (only about a million people) and i was able to find a 20 hour a week position doing real industry work, software development in my case. If you can't find that, then you should have picked a better school.

>should have picked a better school
Let's see, all my classmates got hired straight out of school, and most of yours are unemployed while you have a chip on your shoulder about internships. Which one of us picked the good school, hmm? Maybe it wasn't so much a choice for you though. There are only so many spaces at the good ones

Starbucks is the worst campus job you could possibly get. 10x busier than a typical sbux with none of the perks (weekly coffee bean markout, discount, teavana perks), and some uni's keep their sbuxs open 24h during finals week. They have 2x the normal employees at any given time because you get rushes whenever class gets out, so it's cramped and hot all the time.

My campus food court job was shitty too, but at least there was food to eat and room for managerial responsibilities once you have a few months experience. And our food court even had a coffee place, so I could make my own drinks. I've never envied someone working at our campus Starbucks.

I make $100k and probably have better benefits than you. :^)

I also didn't waste my time in school and instead have been building a career.

When I said transferable skills, I meant being hireable at other Starbucks in my home town during the winter and summer. I admit that I should have worded it better.

Imgur benises and let's settle this once and for all

>only $100k

kekd

thanks m8

Wendy's, is that you?

Repetition and assembly line cooking. You likely won't gain any cooking skills and lose all sensitivity to soap and the smell of disinfectant. Prepare to clean dishes nine times out of ten. Also make friends. That's the only way to kill the tedium.

>pic related

FTFY