First time living alone, what do I cook?

First time living alone, what do I cook?

So far I've tried:

-Rice, ground beef, and broccoli slop with spicy chinese seasoning. It went into the garbage can

-Bagel and cheese sandwich

-Cereal

Give me some easy fucking retard mode cooking shit to do that ends up tasting good. Just fucking damn man I miss my mommy cooking for me, dad, and siblings, lol

Off to McDonald's for tonight

Other urls found in this thread:

goonswithspoons.com/Slow-cooked_Roast_Thing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Bagel and cheese sandwich

You put a bagel and cheese between two slices of bread?

eggs are a good place to start. scrambled, fried, hard-boiled. and if you fuck it up, eggs are cheap so not much lost.

in fact, many traditional breakfast foods are pretty simple and easy. pancakes, french toast come to mind.

I just eat a lot of frozen food and fast food t.bh

Four chicken tights, cut the fat and bone away, dice

One garlic clove
Half of a finely diced onion
Two habaneros, diced, deseaded if desired
green onion diced
butter, two tablespoons (or olive oil)
one quarter cup of soy sauce, less if desired
one chopped red bell pepper

Toss the butter in a pan at medium high heat
throw in garlic and onion and let cook down
add chopped chicken
add habanero
add bell pepper and green onion
cook while constantly stirring
when chicken looks mostly cooked throw in soy sauce
cook till completed and lay over rice or ramen lel

some people here might not even consider it "cooking" (fuck them, by the way) but things like boxed mac and cheese or hamburger helper are good to start with. since the seasonings are pre-portioned for you, its very difficult to really fuck up but it does give you practice with cooking pasta, browning ground beef or cooking chicken breast.

I love chicken tights.

*Thighs

Plus you literally just throw this shit together in a pan, also add some paprika and chili powder to make it look less flyover

eggs with minced garlic
or onions
or green onions
or with heavy cream

a bit of sesame oil while cooking
or soysauce
or salt and pepper

ground beef and taco seasoning is a simple one. you can add green onions, onions, garlic, tomatoes, pre cooked diced potatoes with this

just start thinking about what flavors you like and search up some recipes and attempt to grasp why certain herbs and spices will work together

Here is foolproof chicken:
Get chicken breasts, salt, extra virgin olive oil, and Kerrygold salted butter.
Put 2 pats butter in a frying pan and 2 spoons olive oil. Warm it up and add the chicken breasts. Now cover it 90% with a lid, leaving 1 inch open. Put it on medium-low heat, aka 2.5 to 3 out of ten on an electric stove. It should be sizzling well. After about 20 minutes or so, check to see if the bottom is golden brown. If so, sprinkle salt on top, flip it, and cook for another 15 minutes or so in the same way, then add salt. Comes out to die for every time.

Easy grilled cheese:
Melt butter in a skillet. Add 2 slices of bread, swirl it around to soak up the butter, and a cheese slice on top of one of the slices of bread. Put one slice on top of the other, butter side out. Flip periodically until both sides are golden brown.

Easy spinach: Get a plastic clamshell pack of spinach. Boil some water and put a bowl of ice water next to it. Dump about 2 cups of the spinach in the boiling water and let it wilt. Quickly take it out with a slotted spoon or chopsticks, and put it in the ice water. Half a minute later, drain the ice water and serve the spinach. This is really good with added chicken stock, lemon juice, and salt.

Mejaddara: Mix brown rice and lentils together 50-50. Put them in a saucepan, cover with water, stir it around with your hand, and drain the stuff in a strainer. Now chop up an onion and fry it on medium heat, stirring occasionally, in a splash of olive oil in the saucepan. Don't burn the onion. Add the strained rice and lentils, add 3 times as much volume of water as volume of rice'n'lentils to it, stir, and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, partially cover it with a lid, lower the temperature, and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes. Now's the time to add salt (don't skimp), cumin powder, and maybe coriander.

Joy of Cooking is hands down the best guide to introducing you how to cook for yourself. Luck OP

Israeli salad:
Wash, then finely chop up 1 cucumber, 2 tomatoes, optional other vegetables (mint, parsley, and lettuce are good), and optional raw garlic if you like garlic a lot. Slice a lemon in half and squeeze it over it, drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over it, add some salt, stir, serve.
It's damn good.

All these things have so many steps. This is too much for me. I was hoping for ramen level easiness with cheaper ingredients like rice and water and stuff

Whenever multiple things are happening at once they never match up right then one thing gets cold before I can mix or some shit

Here, OP:

goonswithspoons.com/Slow-cooked_Roast_Thing

This tastes ok and you'd have to be a complete retard to fuck up something this simple.

Other things that are really easy to put together:
Sandwiches - deli meat, choice of cheese, lettuce, tomato, done
Pasta and premade tomato sauce - my family's trick is to fry the pasta first with chopped garlic, salt, and olive oil, and then fry the sauce onto the pasta
Oatmeal with raisins and chocolate chips
Bacon, toast, and eggs
Eggs with premade salsa
Raw vegetables and fruits as snacks e.g. bell pepper strips, blueberries, clamshell packages of random green leaves
Avocado on toast

Ahhh okay okay got it. Sorry bro.
I recommend potatoes. You can bake them at 400 F coated in oil for an hour (stab with fork all around potato first) and they come out good.
Also I like mashing a banana and gradually adding milk to it to make an ersatz milkshake thing.
Deli hummus on bread will get you protein.
Canned beans over rice is a good idea if you add stuff like salsa at least. Good god it's hard to stomach otherwise.
Spegy with parmesan is aight.

Oh couple more:
Eggs are your friends. Cook em, add sriracha or other hot sauce or whatever, boil em, anything. Filling.
You can boil frozen mixed vegetables and add garlic salt and it comes out pretty good.

Oh my this sounds good.

I get a panini/george foreman from the goodwill asap.

You can make bacon, burgers, hasbrowns, nuggets, pattys anything thats flat or can be made flat. even from straight frozen, it will cut down on your cooking time just try to keep it clean.

its going to be the best 5$ youve spent for your kitchen. I rock at least 2 at once for maximum efficiency and the smaller ones have a hotter hot spot compared to the family sized ones.

>Joy of Cooking
OP get this and read it
The book is huge, but it tells you about almost every aspect of the process for just about anything you'd want to make. Also the peanut butter cookie recipe in there is straight fire.

This made me kek

`line george foreman with baking paper dont need to clean again

>cucumber
>tomato
>mint
>parsley
>lettuce

Sounds like a lot of work for probably 10 calories.

bitch this nigger can't even cook rice

boil pasta and put jarred sauce on it. if you don't know how to chop an onion, learn to do that.

Microwave bacon

Calories aren't the point. Past a certain point you really start needing fiber, if you catch my drift

OP is probably too poor for avocado toast but, seconding. plus fried eggs, even better.

Baked beans and cheese on bread, broil it. Browning your cheese = instant gourmet. Microwaves are for reheating not for cooking, remember that.

I'm not poor just frugal
I make 6 figures and am single

eat a big fuck-off bowl of all-bran every morning
problem solved

To start, brown off some minced beef then set aside. Next

2 large onion
2 large bell peppers
2 x tin of chopped toms

Peel, chop etc then throw all of above into food processor till finely chopped (optional)

Put into a pot on medium heat and add the following

3 x clove of chopped garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp chilli powder
a tin of beans
add the beef

Let that simmer away until all the water has reduced and the beef is properly cooked.

You can also put this in the oven/slow cooker if you want to wander off to do something. It might seem like a lot, but its simple once you learn what youre doing.

I'll try it, thx user

...antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, ....
...eat ur vegs...

This is how I started out learning as a kid. First thing I ever cooked was scrambled eggs.

Steak is pretty easy. Sautéed anything.

>cook
>sandwich
>cereal

just go raw vegan or something. less chances of dying.

reposting from another thread

my favorite poorfag meal is the following:
>can of tuna
>100-200g rice
>salt, pepper, soy sauce
optional if you have more money to spend:
>can of kidney beans
>some lime juice and parsley

just cook the rice and and put everything in a bowl.
Fast, tasty and nutritious...but most importantly it's cheap.

>-Rice, ground beef, and broccoli slop with spicy chinese seasoning. It went into the garbage can
actually sounds good

eat pasta op. really fucking easy to cook. all you need to do is make a sauce.

cream sauce:
cream
salt
pepper
cheese optional

tomato sauce:
diced onion
garlic
tinned tomatoes
salt
pepper
basil optional

I don't know how some people get to a certain age where they are able to move out on their own but they don't know how to cook a basic meal for themselves.

curryrice and chicken, just make rice and dump some curry spice mix in the water while cooking, and then fry up some chicken.(you can also add some vegetebles if you like, but anything really fits)

You will die first when the apocalypse comes lol.