Why does Japan get to have so many KitKat flavors?

Why does Japan get to have so many KitKat flavors?
I just want to have green tea KitKats and try the other flavors without having to pay so much for imports.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000JSQBK6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1468791529&sr=8-1&keywords=kitkat british&pi=SX200_QL40
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_arowana#Cultural_beliefs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You kind find most Kit Flavors at medium to large sized Asian grocery stores. I found these at one in Alhambra, CA.

FYI, they tasted just like the regular ones...

They're considered good luck for some reason. People eat them before taking tests etc.

I disagree. The matcha flavour is very light but it's definitely there. Plus Japanese kit kats taste milkier in general, in my opinion.

Cheesecake flavour is my favourite.

It's the way they translated 'Kit Kat' to Japanese. It means 'You'll win' or something.

What's that on the right, Vegemite sandwich?

>Alhambra, CA

I was in 168 Market yesterday and they had a lot of these. I'm going to pick up a few different kinds the next time I'm in there.

The best ones are the sake kitkats

The sweet potato kitkat is tops.

For the same reason they have cucumber Pepsi. Japanese like to try new stuff. Westerners are more conservative when it comes to food.

Looks like Adzuki beans. Basically sugary syrupy mashed red beans.

50 kitkat flavors won't help them when the rothchilds attack Japan with another earthquake ray for not being multicultural

Because Western capitalism isn't about experimentation or pride in the quality of one's brand most times. It is about making ever increasing profits by decreasing quality, limiting choices, and marketing it so no one notices.

Kit Kats in America are made by Hershey and they put an injunction on importing the Nestle Kit Kats made in the rest of the world

says あずきサンド azuki sando

azuki bean sandwich flavor

Id try it.

I quite like the varieties, I didn't really buy Kit-Kat but they sell dark/orange/cookie/toffee etc in the UK now so i buy them more often.

My favourite Jap one is the rum and raisin, they also have that in the haagen daaz which makes me jealous.

Same reason Japanese McD got all those weird burgers.

Reminds me of that Japanese daytime TV show where they set up a "human meat" stand and sold people bits of pork, telling them it was human meat, and getting their reactions on camera.

they use kit as short for "kitto" = surely
and kat as short for "katsu" = to win

also japan has a hobby of taking something foreign and japanizing the hell out of it for shiggles

U r dumb

>amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000JSQBK6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1468791529&sr=8-1&keywords=kitkat british&pi=SX200_QL40

American kitkats enlarge your liver.

>Kit Kat Milk Chocolate is made for the North American market with the controversial ingredient PGPR (polyglycerol polyricinoleate, E476, aka Palsgaard 4150), which is used as a replacement for cocoa butter. The FDA has determined it to be "safe for humans as long as you restrict your intake to 7.5 milligrams per kilogram of body weight. Otherwise you'd be open to reversible liver enlargement at higher intakes".

More competitive market.

Surprised no one tries to deal with the Hershey monopoly in court.

>7.5 milligram per kg of body weight

Do you faggots even read

Man I hate that about the USA, companies try putting out new things but they just don't sell.

japan gets the best flavour everythings. I am looking forward to these green curry crisps later on.

What are you talking about? They do but the profit margin isn't as good so they get discontinued. The whole point of new products is to pull a bait and switch when they eventually take it off shelves. Renewed interest in their typical lineup doesn't last so they need to put out another new product to reel them in again.

But if they put out a superior product in some cases why do they cancel it?

>But if they put out a superior product in some cases why do they cancel it?

They don't. Not from their perspective anyway. They try a new product. If it sells well and they make money, then they keep it. If it sells poorly and they don't make money then they discontinue it. Simple as that.

Because the rest of the chocolate brands are fake chocolate, along time ago in the japanese market kitkat got a rep for being the tastiest therefore after that explosion of popularity they decided to make variations of it because in "muh western society" there's no market for it

Because they are not about superior products but superior profits. All of these specialized products they introduce cost them more than their vanilla lineup. It would need to have not good sales but outstanding, legendary sales to justify the extra cost.

Some company tried cucumber/mint/lemon in Germany. They failed, but it was surprisingly nice. Well, biologically cucumber is a berry after all.

I will never have French Rock Salt Kitkat. Or Apple vinegar Kitkat, or Wasabi, or Salty Melon.

Calm down, Wisconsin.
You'll get a passport one day.

I live 30 minutes from Wisconsin, have had a passport for 30 years, and currently have a box of both matcha and wasabi kit kats.

>before taking tests
Added sugar intake fuels the brain, fires it up if you will. The Kat is merely a tasty way to do it.

Why does some faggot keep constantly making this thread when a number of people living in Japan have already answered the question

Damn, that sounds fucking great. I'd love a cucumber flavored soda. If I had a carbonation machine I would.

Ironically I hate plain cucumbers, but it makes whatever it's added too taste so fresh.

Explain the cancellation of Sprite remix

Monopoly. They can do whatever they want. Maybe it turned out they were wrong on the production cost and that would have meant a price increment. Easier to stop and sell old Sprite instead.

I've tried the green tea kit kats before. They are pretty nice.

I sometimes wish Americans enjoyed different types of sweets like that, but we're too busy wanking over muh dark chocolate

I just did. For whatever reason it didn't sell well enough to warrant keeping it around.

yep, the bottom line can be affected by all sorts of things. Ingredient price increases, etc.

The only time I ever saw KitKats in Japan was at the airport

>they tasted just like the regular ones...

You have a horrible sense of taste if you can't taste the difference.

Why haven't all products begun making baseless claims of good fortune as the names of their products? Do people only go for it if it's unintentional?

On the flipside, there was a car company, possibly Toyota, who brought out a model of car called the MR2. When they tried to release it in Fraance they were told it would be a good idea to change the name. The French pronounce "MR2" as "emm, air, duh," which sounds exactly like the French word "merde."

As expected of country grown vegetables.

that seems pretty good tbqh. I can get honeydew and cucumber iced tea here too

green tea kitkats are everywhere here in pacific nw. the asian walmarts have the other flavors too

>emm-air-duh
Wouldn't that sound more like emmerdeur, or troublemaker/shittener?

Anyway, on the subject of pointless bullshit people buy for luck, consider the asian arowana.

>the asian arowana
For people who don't want to go traipsing 'round Google for this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_arowana#Cultural_beliefs
>Asian arowanas are considered to be symbols of good luck and prosperity, especially by those from Asian cultures. This reputation derives from the species' resemblance to the Chinese dragon, considered an auspicious symbol.[17] The large metallic scales and double barbels are features shared by the Chinese dragon, and the large pectoral fins are said to make the fish resemble "a dragon in full flight."

>In addition, positive feng shui associations with water and the colours red and gold make these fishes popular for aquaria. One belief is that while water is a place where chi gathers, it is naturally a source of yin energy and must contain an "auspicious" fish such as an arowana to have balancing yang energy.[15] Another is that a fish can preserve its owner from death by dying itself.

For people who don't want to go traipsing 'round Google for the meaning of the word "traipsing:"

traipse
verb
walk or move wearily or reluctantly.
"students had to traipse all over London to attend lectures"
synonyms: trudge, trek, tramp, trail, hike, plod, shuffle, slouch, drag oneself, drag one's feet, clump, slog, wade, footslog
"I haven't the time to go traipsing around art galleries"
walk about casually or needlessly.
"there's people traipsing in and out all the time"

>FYI, they tasted just like the regular ones...
Are your taste buds defective? How does not chocolate taste anything like chocolate?

Its even less of an issue for Americans keeping that in mind

Why not?

Because he's too stupid to mail-order them?

At that point youre paying like $10 for a hand full of mini kitkats.

There aren't enough weebs in America to justify the production of unconventional flavors.

tfw when cucumber lime gatorade is the wackiest food widely available on our shelves.

First part of your first sentence made me mad for a split second before I'd got to the rest.

Kit kat is similar to a phrase in japan that means surely to win, so it became massively popular to give them to kids during exams, as both a treat and good luck charm.

Some products seem to have massive influences in Japan, like KFC; a lot of people in japan use KFC to book their christmas turkeys/dinners.