Is dairy queen food good

Is dairy queen food good

By good I mean, better than mcdicks and taco bell

Not even

I buy ice cream cakes and buster bars for myself

it's really hard to be worse than mcdonalds

I'd put it near sonic and a&w in the fast food burger rankings

is there any fast food company not doing the $5 meme? Does anyone do it as well as taco bell?

DQ is mainly frozen shit they fry up quick. Their main focus is the ice cream but they have food to make people happy and to sell more ice cream. For the burgers they run the frozen pre cooked patty through a belted oven similar to dominos ovens for pizza. At least mine does. Same with hotdogs. Their tenders are precooked as well and not made in house. It's basically all stuff you get in your frozen section at the super market and heated up. It tastes fine but by no means is it comparable to a fresh cooked burger like wendys or five guys or fuddruckers

I once had their fried chicken fingers because of a recommendation here and it was the most bland chicken I'd ever had. The toast that came with it was only toasted on one side. I haven't been back for any of their "fan favorites"

Flamethrower is money. Curds good too.

>Does anyone do it better than taco Bell?

No. Because crunchy taco>French fries. For that reason combos at taco Bell are always better, your side dish is a taco.

i get the steak fingers sometimes to feed my nostalgia

burning hot mystery meat and that toast dipped in gravy reminds me of my childhood in a small texas town

blizzards are the only thing actually worth eating, probably

How can one man be so objectively wrong?

you literally cannot go wrong with the DQ chicken strip basket

>that texas toast
>that mouth-watering gravy
>them greasyass fries

so good

Don't anyone fall for this meme like I did.

nobody listen to this fool dq toast and gravy is something to write home about

taco bells regular crunchy or soft tacos make me want to vomit.

The only thing I can stomach there is the chalupa.. and even then..

I never eat at taco bell, or mcdonalds, or burger king, and I might eat at dairy queen once every 6 months just because it's close by. Even then I only get the chicken basket because you cannot fuck up chicken strips.

i think the thing you missed is that the chicken fingers (and the bread, and the fries) are an excuse to consume gravy without drinking it like a monster

if you you go to some real white trash events, like a church breakfast, you would see that it's customary to cover your entire meal in white gravy

lots of dishes were invented as an excuse to eat gravy

no. everything from their menu is from frozen.

this, godtier with honey mustard

>stop in at DQ
>order some tendies
>oh cool, it comes with a ramekin of ranch
>dip tendie into it
>scald mouth and tongue
>fugg it was gravy

You could not tell it was hot before shoving it into your mouth? But how was it though

The DQ in my town has THE best french fries of all the fast food chains.

Britfag here,

I always thought a dairy queen would just do ice cream?

that was originally their main thing--milkshakes and such. but they also sell all the usual fast food stuff--burgers, chicken tenders, fries, etc.

I think they did mostly that when I was a kid in the 80's and early 90's but they keep pushing into fair food. Most fast food businesses today are trying to expand their menus to increase visits. Baskin Robbins was a big ice cream only chain and it is practically dead. The only "just ice cream" places you can still find are usually local businesses and there aren't many of them. The ice cream parlor truly is a thing of the past.

Weird the only places like that here are the poo in loos who start pizza shops with the cheapest ingredients and end up doing burgers, kebabs, fish + chips and everything else and it all ends up tasting like shit.

Jack of all trades etc etc

I had two DQ burgers once, because it was 2 for $3
They were terrible
Both of them had gristle

>everything else and it all ends up tasting like shit.

7890643 here. That's exactly my opinion of Dairy Queen. Everything there has this peculiar greasy sort of taste to it even compared to other fast-food chains like McDonalds, Burger King, etc. It's fucking gross if you ask me.

Wendys 4 for $4

Checkers, but they do have a $2 shrimp and chicken bites box.

Yes and yes.

It's about the same? All of it is about the same.

Like the only places that take a half step above that shit are five guys and in n'out.

And even then, half step only.

No one ever talks about coldstone. I don't ever go to DQ just because coldstone exists. The ice cream is superior and is much cheaper than DQ.

Seeing my ice cream being formed makes me fucking hard at Coldstone.

Isn't that like $7 for each of those?
No thanks. I'll settle for a vanilla cone from McDicks.

why can't you people skip getting shitty fast food for two trips and go to a decent local ice cream place instead

>decent local

Better than McDonalds, equal to Taco Bell.

Dairy Queen is a good lunch time food joint.

Their fries are extremely underrated.

No, it's like less than $5 for a medium and it has a TON of ice cream in it whereas I paid almost $4 for 2 fucking oz of cheap ass ice cream from DQ. First and last time ever buying that crap. I just wanted to see what all the hype was about.

I haven't been to a DQ in a few years, but back when I was in college there was a DQ nearby and the burgers were pretty fucking good for fast food burgers. There's not one near me now though, but I'm feeling a little nostalgic for a DQ burger now.

It's mediocre.

My tier of fast food joints.
Chik-fil-a = Firehouse Subs = Schlotzsky's >> Zaxby's >>> Arby's > Wendy's >>> Everything else

I'm sure I'm forgetting multiple ones but these are the ones I frequent whenever I decide to eat fast food.

DQ is the absolute bottom of the barrel of fast food. The only thing that's acceptable is the ice cream but you could just go to an actual ice cream place and get the good shit.

Fast food chains are MOSTLY the same. That being said, there is sometimes a difference between places. For example, there is a Bojangles very near my house. I'll occasionally get a chicken biscuit in the morning on my way to work/school whenever I sleep in. The biscuit is always fresh and the chicken is always hot and moist. Occasionally, I'll get a chicken sandwich for lunch/dinner. That chicken is almost always luke warm and is almost always dry. So I decided to start getting chicken biscuits instead. Same damn thing.

So my conclusion is that the morning crew actually works hard and puts out fresh stuff. Meanwhile, the lunch/dinner crew are lazy fucks that precook shit and throw it together when you order. It's like getting a sloppily thrown together burger at one Wendy's and then the next Wendy's gives you a perfect, by Wendy's standards, burger.

So TL;DR, try it and see. Places differ.