Hey Veeky Forums...

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm going to a steakhouse tonight and I know everyone talks about the doneness of their steaks but I also think it's important to know what doneness to get for different cuts.

I've gotten a prime rib before and I asked for it to be rare and it was disgusting just chewing on uncooked fat and meat for that long. I later learned that for prime rib it's best to get it medium.

So what doneness do you guys recommend for porterhouse or other cuts of meat?

Rare or medium rare.

Definitely rare. Real steakhouses refuse to cook them any other way.

t. someone who has never been to a steakhouse

Prime rib is a slice off a roast. You don't specify doneness; medium-rare is standard and it shouldn't be chewy or tough.

I usually only eat sirloin tip and cook it medium to medium well, but it's not a great choice for the grill

I get mine done medium, but I think next time I am going to make the leap and go for medium rare.

porterhouse is a combination cut. the fillet is best rare but the strip is better med rare. i would usually go med rare.

med rare is best for the majority of steak cuts.

where the fliƩ? Americans and you wierd cuts

Also medium Rare is the only way to eat beef.... im a chef i know

Funny how you seem to find more meat on the cow then there is...

Prime rib and ribeye play best around medium rare; but to be honest, that's the same for most cuts.

Rare sucks for anything that's fatty, unless it's I-render-at-room-temp Kobe tier.

If it's really lean, rare is great.

I cook at a relatively nice steakhouse, and if you don't order a steak rare or medium rare, it will most likely be seared then finished off in ways you wouldn't want your steak cooked. Order a porterhouse medium rare. And as far as prime rib goes, you're getting a slice from a roast that's already been cooked probably to medium rare. They will drop it in hot jus or put it in the salamander to cook it any further.

Nigga are you serious

I thought this was one of those tumblr "mispronounce words" meme pictures at first and laughed heartilly

Veeky Forums advice: burst into the kitchen and scarf it down while it's still raw. That's the best we can do.

When you order medium you're mostly likely getting something closer to medium well at a lot of places.

wah wah raw is yucky and gross. i want my steak rough and chewy like mommy makes it.

Porterhouses med rare, filet rare. Ribeyes med rare or med., depending on the place. Prime rib medium.

>2016
>still eating red meat
ishygddt

Medium - Medium well is the objective best way to eat a Steak.
Enjoy being uncultured savages

>Humans learning how to cook moved them from hunter gatherers to advanced civilisations
>Pretentious hipsters still eat raw meat

wew

Actually beer was the reason for civilization. We were still hunter gathering while cooking meat.

>get tired of Veeky Forums, same threads all the time
>find grandma's old cookbook, start cooking more
>gone for 3 months
>come back, exact same picture, exact same
question

Never change, time to shitpost I guess

>Real steakhouses

It's called tenderloin in Murrikan.

Medium Rare for most everything

I'll go to medium for skirt and Flank.

Rarer for Picana and Tenderloin

everything else was likely braised or bbq braised, or smoked if I can find someone w/ smoker.