Is this an okay thing to do?

Is this an okay thing to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

today.com/id/5479931/ns/today-today_health/t/how-deadly-prions-are-destroyed/#.V45GVaLfphE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cook your meat my friend.
Or bring your steak to your local FDA checkpoint and have them make sure you're in the clear.

Nice OP

Any other way ruins the taste of the beef

its kobe so yeah its fine

IT'S FUCKING RAAAAAWWWRR YOU DONUT!

Looks good to me.

You could have cooked it before taking a picture of it

eh, just pop it in the microwave for a few

>wa la

Looks amazing. How did it taste? You didn't cook it more did you?

>Fat still solid
Undercooked

This. The center didn't get up to temp, so I really hope you trust your source if you ate it.

That's a beautiful steak, just yum.
Move to a first world country.

perfectly fine, fillet is waaaay too lean to cook much past rare and have it taste good. now I'm not saying everything needs to be rare, I think each cut of steak depending on it's amount of fat/marbling has an ideal level of doneness,the trick is achieving that desired level without going past it

Come on, that is raw in the middle. I am all for a rare / medium rare / medium steak but that is rancid.

>rancid
>inigomontoya.jpg

That's not even blue yet you somehow managed to overcook the outside. Legitimately baffling.

I'd still eat that

Just cut around the bad bits

Forgot to defrost it?

I'm sure you could get some retarded rarefag to eat it.
>muh blue rare
Please die of food poisoning, rarefags.
Medium is optimal, well done is arson, rare is attempted self harm.

no one has ever got food poisoning from a rare steak

>no one has ever got food poisoning from a rare steak

You mean like botulism? Probably not. However, there are plenty of records of intestinal parasites being introduced by undercooked meat.

call me pedantic but parasites are not poison

Which is exactly why I differentiated between the two.

Reading comprehension. It's what's for dinner!

well actually you specifically mentioned food poisoning in your initial post

also there is no "optimal" way to cook steak, it varies by cut but whatever

Looks good to me if you enjoy raw meat.

i'll stick to medium rare.

omg it's not exactly how i like to eat it so kill yourself

Damn that looks awesome

Why the fuck would you have it cooked like that when you could have pic relaed

>cooking stuff ruins the taste

Yeah, no enjoy your worms

Maybe for hambugers. What kind of shitty diner steaks are you eating that you ask for it medium?

Not everyone eats raccoon steak like you, retard

>He doesn't understand how beef works

Have you guys never eaten raw beef or what?

When you can afford to eat steak somewhere more expensive than Denny's you don't have to worry about that kinda shit.

So fucking watery and cold on arrival. Rare beef and beef in general is phenomenally overrated.

>beef in general is phenomenally overrated
this

discussions about steaks are the silliest shit ever

it's people arguing about how to cook a slab of meat, nothing complex at all, yet it's always one of the most divisive fucking topics when it comes to cooking

and it still just tastes like plain fucking meat in the end

>i have never had a good steak

Is there actually a risk of parasites from eating medium-rare steak? Like at all ?
I have a parasite phobia and I have my steak medium-rare, now I'm scared

Not him but steak is completly overrated to the point of absurdity

Pork>Beef

While it has been en vogue to eat beef medium-rare and more and more leaning to the rare side, most actual connoiseurs and culinary experts will tell you that beef tastes substantially better when cooked to medium.

I don't know how this trend of MR-R started, but it is kind of a joke in culinary circles.

There have been multiple blind taste tests that have shown people actually prefer medium over medium-rare by nearly 2:1. Ironically rare is the least favorite of all done-ness variants in blind taste tests. It is bland.

Unless you buy shitty filthy meat that can't legally be sold for human consumption all the dangers of steak are killed the moment you get a sear on it.

Personally I don't like savory bubble gum so for all but the thinnest cuts I prefer medium

citation needed

>Unless you buy shitty filthy meat that can't legally be sold for human consumption all the dangers of steak are killed the moment you get a sear on it.

absolute bullshit
there are literally dozens of microbes that cause health-related illness to death that may be present in beef that are not killed unless sufficient temperature is reached
searing the outside does absolutely nothing to kill what lies within

you are apparently too young or too dumb to perhaps remember what mad cow disease is

BSE can be found in all tissue (and btw, it is most concentrated in nervous tissue which runs throughout muscle). By June 2014, there have been 177 deaths in the UK alone due to BSE. Cooking beef to medium will denature the prion responsible for BSE.

Again, this is one of dozens of things that can FUCKING KILL you if you don't cook beef to medium.

Enjoy your Russian Roulette of med-rare beef.

actually, pretty commonly known
i learned this in culinary school myself and we even did some testing cuz most peep didnt believe it
sure enough, rare tastes the worst
try it yourself but do it blindfolded and try to ignore your predisposition to believing rare is better

also this

Why would I care about something that has 177 deaths? That's nothing. Tens of thousands of people die in auto accidents, yet that doesn't stop me from riding in a car.

>>cooking denatures the prion
Hell no. Prions can survive temperatures far higher than cooking temperatures.

today.com/id/5479931/ns/today-today_health/t/how-deadly-prions-are-destroyed/#.V45GVaLfphE

>That's nothing.
dat logic
Ok, so 13 people died last year from getting hit by a bus.
>That's nothing. Hurr-durr . . .
So ok, why bother to look before crossing the street. Just walk right out there user.

Your illogic on even the simplest of things demonstrates that you shouldn't even be here. Maybe go read a book, kid. You are not intelligent enough to be posting.

The likelihood of dying from falling in a volcano is pretty low too--maybe you should jump in and scream to us about how statistical remoteness is "nothing" while you are falling.

Nice job missing the point again.

you are a stupid person

> Medium
> Filet
No thanks

Sometimes if they're those shitty mexican tenderloins but the size on that means it wasn't

does your butthole itch?

While it is true that "some" prions can survive at high temperature according one (1) single publication (not that kiddie article from "Today" that you cite; LMFAO), nearly 99.9% are destroyed at temperatures of above 140 degrees F.

You are apparently too dumb to understand that the article you cite to is not science and does not even bother to cite to any science. Maybe go read the journal articles yourself, dimwit, and btw, try to cite to something more authoritative than a lay trade rag (which contains literally ZERO citations to anything it (incorrectly) states). When you get there, maybe you'll understand that the article to which your lay article refers to research based in eradicating prions entirely so that environmentally they can be disposed of and not leach into the water supply.

At least I have a citation. Where is yours?

>nearly 99.9% are destroyed at temperatures of above 140 degrees F.

Source please.

>you are a stupid person
I'm not him, and no offense, but you are the one who sounds just stupid.
He's right about your argument that the number of deaths being small has anything to do with anything.
He was replying to:
>all the dangers of steak are killed the moment you get a sear on it
and he was exactly right that this simply is not true.

ikr
he's an imbecile who can't even seem to grasp that prion infectivity of humans can be destroyed through heat but that doesn't mean the prion itself is destroyed

heat denatures proteins and renders them inoperative but that doesn't mean the protein is "destroyed"

lol
lrn2biochemistry

">99% of prion infectivity was destroyed at 63°C . . . but . . . PrP non-infecitve viability was preserved"
Botsios, et al., Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, v. 10,1002 (2016).

This other user apparently did your work for you again, dumbass.

Listen kid, you are just literally too fucking dumb to be here.

Just leave, ok?

People don't want to waste their time reading your nonsense and explaining the world to your dumbass.

This all started because you posted stupid shit like this:
>all the dangers of steak are killed the moment you get a sear on it.
and that is what everyone was responding to.
I get that in your moronic world you need to keep changing the issue and attacking those that respond to your garbage posts laden with nonsensical "facts" and hyperbole in order for you to feel like you are not a complete fucking retard, but the fact is we all think you are a joke.

Maybe listen to everybody and just leave. If you really think that searing the outside of beef kills "all the dangers" the moment you get a sear on it, you are far too dumb to be "contributing" to a thread. It takes literally 0.2 seconds on google, assuming you lack the common sense to know this is patently untrue, to figure out how ludicrous that statement is and far afoul of science.

Here's a clue: if it is the heat that kills (on the sear, on the OUTSIDE of the beef), and you cook to rare, that "heat" never does a thing to the inside of the beef. Oh, and btw, it's not the "outside" anyway--the whole fucking thing was inside an animal with whatever disease and microbes and worms it had to begin with . . . until the butcher cut it out and shaped your lil cut for you for you to pretend that shit only exists on this imaginary "outside".

What a fucking dumbass you are.

lol
are you old enuff to be here?

Is it cold in the middle? I mean don't get me wrong I love my shit still mooing, but I'd about that it's way to thick. I would be making a 2 in slice and then sear it.

>Cooking beef to medium will denature the prion responsible for BSE.
No it won't.

sure.
Nothing wrong here.
You can eat it completely raw if you want to, but some texture is nice and the fat tends to taste better when cooked.

totally rare beef doesn't have much flavour.
it has the subtle iron taste of blood residue but not much else.
Also the texture of totally rare meet is too soft and insubstantial and unsatisfying, like gelatin.
cooking to rare or medium rare both provides a stronger, tangier , more delicious, more meaty flavour and makes the texture a bit tougher and more satisfying and enjoyable to chew.
Obviously I am not saying that hte tougher the better, but there is an optimum level of toughness above totally-raw.

These are what is wrong with the steak in he OP and why.