Tomahawk Steaks

What are the best ways to cook a Tomahawk? I found someone that sells them for 344 a slab but don't want to ruin or burn my dinner putting me out of 300 plus dollars on a steak.

Did this a couple of weeks ago. Came out great.

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 (1 1/2- to 2-lb.) bone-in rib-eye or porterhouse steak (about 2 inches thick)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons butter
8 fresh herb sprigs (such as thyme, rosemary, and oregano)
3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
Preparation

Hands-on: 20 Minutes
Total: 1 Hours
1. Preheat grill to 400° to 450° (high) heat. Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet on grill, covered with grill lid, 15 minutes. Sprinkle salt and pepper generously over steak.

2. Add oil to skillet. (Oil should smoke.) Using tongs, place steak in skillet, and cook on grill, without grill lid, 10 minutes or until dark brown and crusty. Turn steak on fatty edge in skillet, holding upright with tongs, and cook 2 minutes. Place steak, uncooked side down, in skillet. Cook on grill, covered with grill lid, 8 to 10 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. (We recommend an internal temperature of 120° to 125° for medium-rare; temperature will rise as steak rests.)

3. Add butter, herbs, and garlic to side of skillet, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until butter foams. Tilt skillet slightly, and spoon butter mixture over steak 20 times (being careful not to splatter). Transfer steak, herbs, and garlic to a platter; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice against the grain.

Am i misunderstanding or are you saying $300 for one steak?

I would charcoal grill it. Salt, pepper, butter

The only guy I found with Tomahawk Steaks for sale wanted 344 dollars for a single slab. Unless I'm getting hustled big time the guy told me that was a reasonable price for Tomahawk Steaks.

you are paying for the novelty of having the rib left on

just buy a nice ribeye for a fraction of the price

Butcher here not a bad price, if it's already aged and the grade is prime.

The fun fact about stupid people is that when you point out facts & truth, they are so entrenched in their 'desires' that they refuse to accept it.

The DNC has exploited this for decades.

The price per pound is usually less for bone in pieces. Should work out to roughly the same cost with/without bone.

That's about the going rate for a good standing rib roast. Given that they've removed a bunch of the meat, what they left had better be damm good
Are you that guy who used to rant about carbon credits and shillary out of nowhere?

back to your containment board

Dude, I am sorry but no way in hell could I find a non Kobe steak that was $300 bucks and that little amount of meat, unless I was going to a overpriced as fuck restaurant were they used $10 cuts of beef anyway.

The most I could see paying for that cut is like $20, actually looking at the weight and the amount of fat running through it in big strips I would say maybe $10-$15. Properly cooked Skirt Steak looks like a better cut than that. That is like an 8 dollar ribeye at best, I can get 5 of those for 20 bucks at my local store.

those aren't tomahawk steaks, those are veil chops.

kobe is a bullshit meme anyway, half of the steak or more is fat, "marbling" LOL it's just fat, it's a terrible meat and should not be served to anyone.

I suggest you leave the meat to the dogs and go vegan.

Fat is flavor, you cuck

had one of these when i went to LA a couple months ago

holy FUCK you murcans raise a good cow

God Damn that's fine good looking meat.

How did you avoid the urge of grabbing the bone and just tearing at with your teeth caveman style?

i didn't.

As has been said multiple times, you cannot get Kobe beef outside of Japan. So yes, it is a Meme.

>In 2009, the USDA placed a ban on the import of Kobe beef to prevent the Japan foot-and-mouth outbreak from reaching US shores. The ban was eventually relaxed in August, 2012 to allow limited amounts of Kobe Beef into the country but regular shipments didn't resume until March, 2013.

You could have spent $100 on a slab of ribeye instead, but you got memed into paying three times as much for the weight of the bone.

It makes for a great spear.

>Not just stabbing the man who tricked you in the heart with a tomahawk bone

$300 for ONE steak or am I missing something here

>am I missing something here

Yeah. It's not just one steak. It's the whole goddamn cut. Slab doesn't mean one steak, it means the whole cut that the individual steaks are made from.

If they are cut per rib, how many steaks does it come out to roughly? I mostly eat chicken but sometimes get ribeye or NY strip but never like that so I am clueless. Also not who you were talking to before

>DNC
In case you haven't noticed, fucking autistic retard, this is a board dedicated to cooking and food, the thread is about overpriced beef. Kindly fuck off back to your containment board safe place hug fest.

Couldn't you just French your own chops and save the $? Or am I missing something here?

>holy FUCK you murcans raise a good cow

Well when you've got a shitload of open land that's not good for growing crops, that's generally the next thing that people try to do, graze livestock on it.

>reddit attempts to fit in

>Reddit
The typical response of the cognitively challaged. How bout this: Fuck off, EABOD, DIAF

Keep going, my iPhone friend. You're getting more dank by the second.

Gay 'wew lad' meme, /pol/ level thread jacking, 'iPhone meme' you are a serious fucking faggot. Suprised you have time to type with all those dicks in your mouth.

Excellent. Plenty spicy. I'd like to see what else you have.

reddit is improving. pls may i have some more?

*yawn* get a fucking life m8. Unlike your useless self, we're at work, where IT/HR frowns on posting/browsing from work machines on cesspools like 4chins. Go outside, or get a job, become a contributor to society, fucking NEET little cunt. Or *novel idea* contribute to the thread. We're through here. And your LOL I TROLLED HIM is fucking empty. You're a useless cunt who is a disappointment to his father. To reiterate: contribute, or fuck off.

It's alright, lad. Let it all out. Keep it coming.

t. reddit

There literally ain't shit between the Mississippi and the Rockies (and not much between them and the coast). What else are we going to do with all that empty space?

wew lad

as a /pol/ regular, you are literally the cancer of Veeky Forums. Keep politics in /pol/ you autistic fuck.

Can't you buy a whole cow at the price of 5 of those steaks?

See

$60/year membership Costco
$5.99/lb PRIME BONE-in Ribeye
$9.99/lb whole tenderloin roasts

For just about any 2inch thick preferred cut of steak, expect your steak to be about $10. Dude. For like $80, you can get an entire primal roast. USDA Prime. Age it further (lots of threads to show you how), if you want or divy it up into your freezer for the next 6 months of meals.

Oh yea, while you are at Costco shopping with the wealthiest grocery customers in the world, enjoy your $1.50 2lb hot dog and soda, while you pick out your

344$ a slab what kind of fucking shit hole do you even live in? The restaurant I work at has 40oz tommies for 80$ comes out cooked to whatever temp you want.

>best way to COOK

Put the fucking steak over some fucking heat. You fucking COOK it with fucking HEAT anymore fucking brainbusters there you fucking fagggot???? RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Your description is so broad that it's useless. Of course you have to cook it. But how: grilled? Broiled? Pan-seared? For how long? With what kind of seasoning?

You're a lost cause.
Just throw it in the fucking microwave for 8 minutes. Make sure you pull the A1 sauce. You're gonna need it friendo.

I was thinking the same thing, user.

Why do you fools think that he's talking about a single steak here?

"slab" = the whole cut that many steaks can be made from

I understand that, but that's still a ridiculous price.

technically, despite the autism of people replying, I once stick a ribeye on the end of a stick after salt and pepper and held it in my bonfire over the hot coals and it was one of the best steaks I ever made despite being drunk as a madman.