I stumbled upon an article written about Bitcoin in early 2011...

I stumbled upon an article written about Bitcoin in early 2011. It got me thinking and I really liked the idea behind a digital currency. I talked to my wife about throwing a few grand into it. BTC's price was $7 at the time. She thought it was a terrible idea and said that we really need the money for the wedding we were planning. I didn't want to hear her bitch, so I said fuck it and moved on. A while later, after the wedding, I would check up on the price. I wanted to get into it but the only exchange at the time was Mt Gox and it seemed shady and confusing to me. Then the exchange ran into trouble, so it scared me off even more. I still checked up on it from time to time but still didn't invest. Life happened and years went by. The buzz about crypto was getting louder and louder and i finally convinced her that we should invest. This was Oct 2017. All of my investments were doing so well after that and i got really happy! Prices kept going up. Then we all know what happened. The market crashed. I kept seeing memes about "hodling" so I never sold or took any profits. I'm now at the break even point and I'm so depressed. I missed out on so much money and my life sucks. I'm at a dead end job and see nothing in my future. I just don't know what to do. I keep thinking about how my life could have been if I had invested just a year earlier. I can't stop thinking and it's driving me nuts. My thoughts are going to kill me.

Dude your story is a dime a dozen. Hind sight is always 20/20. Move on and try to get rich another way.

Which coins did you invest in?

>listening to women's investment advice
How's the investment in the wedding doing? ROI?

Yea but i had a 7 year head start. Many guys out there got rich in 2017 alone. That's what's killing me.

If you REALLY believed in the coin, you would have bought it. Plain and simple. Nothing would have prevented you from buying it - not work, not your wife, not the news, not distractions, not even lack of money - you would've found a way.

The reason you didn't was because you had doubts. When people like you "almost" bought a coin and it goes up, you say "I knew it" and regret not buying it. But when another coin you didn't buy because you had doubts, goes down, you also say "I knew it" and pat yourself on the back for listening to your gut.

ETH, LTC, XRP

nobody thought about throwing a couple thousand into bitcoin in 2011 lying POS

Fucking terrible. My marriage sucks. I regret it. I'm fucking miserable.

Crypto isn't going away. People don't truly realize that yet. You didn't miss your one and only shot (unless you take it out now at the low).

You didn't have jack shit. They were the risk takers, not you. Just because you hear of something doesn't mean you've invested in it - if that were the case millions more would've been invested in 2011 too. Until you actually take your money out and buy, you don't have anything.

You weren’t meant to get rich, it’s called bad luck, maybe some other day

Why would i lie? I was into penny stocks at the time and made some decent returns. So this new investment opportunity seemed like a good idea to me. Couple grand was nothing to me at the time and i could afford to lose it.

That's an interesting point. I've never thought of it that way.

>If you REALLY believed in the coin, you would have bought it.
This

Just invest in index funds, I knew about Bitcoin since 2009 when I was in the middle of my CS degree in school and didn't fuck with it for literally 8 years. I could've had 10 million dollars, instead I have 300k doing it "the hard way". Sucks but that's life my man.

Your marriage sounds like the bigger problem to me.

Fucking hold you noob nigger faggot stop being impatient, it does shit like this all the time

oh not another op is a little child that doesnt know what a paragraph is

>XRP
100% deserved, read a book

All those are way up from October you shitty Larper.

Can I give you some advice from another user who has been through it all?
And I mean it all.
The grass is always greener dude.
It may seem like the better or easier or more fun idea to cheat on the wife, get a hooker, craigslist, or tinder. Don't do it man.
If you're truly unhappy, don't cheat. Be honest with her.
That's fucking tough my man, FUCKINGGGG TOUGH.
But who knows, maybe when you're honest with her, you can work through it. OR REALIZE YOU CAN'T AND THERE'S FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCES.
That's ok user. I've done it. It's tough.
Be honest with yourself and your wife.

Look at the bright side, if you did get rich then your wife would've seduced some loser into killing you.

you shouldn't have let females and memes make your decisions

>Fucking terrible. My marriage sucks. I regret it. I'm fucking miserable.

sex life immediately went bearish didn't it? wet dick stocks in the shitter and outlook grim.

Thanks man

Sorry. I'm not worried about paragraph structure. I'm fucking depressed

NEO literally was the one not to miss out on. Stay with it and focus on getting right.

We must of looked at the same time. I remember seeing BTC at 6 dollars anf thought about investing, then it went to 7 in a day or so (big jump at the time) and I didnt invest as I thought it alreay reached its peak lol

I used many ETH to buy shitcoins. That's what screwed me.

Knowing is 10% of it user, 90% of it is taking the leap. The real toxicity you need to purge yourself of is your smug sense of self superiority. You sound like a classic redditor, you look down at people who got into bitcoin in 2016 because you 'knew' about it before them, this is because you have the classic redditor psuedointellectual attitude that knowledge is the singular most important quality. Knowledge is virtually worthless, good ideas and good plans are dime a dozen. People who graduate with PhDs in Physics make only 60k a year sometimes. You are torturing yourself because you are drawing some false connection that you 'deserved' to profit simply for sitting on your ass and thinking about going in but not doing it, this is illusory. You were never going to buy in and if in another timeline BTC had failed completely you'd be patting yourself on the back.

Meanwhile I know borderline idiots who I told about bitcoin in 2016 and they were like 'fuck it' and dropped 10/20k, these are the people who succeed, they are high test risk takers who don't listen to their wives (if they even have them).

Around May 2011.

Well, I am mainly a Redditor but i don't see what that has to do with anything. I just started using Veeky Forums. This is actually where i got burned on many shitcoins. But everything else you and others who commented said is right (now that i think about it). I should have pushed myself to invest. I guess i didn't really feel confident enough.

I have a similar story (it's pretty common I think). I read about eth early last year and was taking to some guy at work about it and he said "oh yeah I was looking into that myself, turns out it's not possible to buy it in New Zealand" and like a total retard I took him at his word and forgot all about it until about 6 months later when I researched it for myself and found out a way in about 10 minutes of googling.

I think that (besides being a brainlet) the reason I believed him was because I wanted to. When you hear about a high risk / high reward opportunity it's kind of agonizing, you don't want to miss out and kick yourself afterwards, but you also don't want to get suckered out of your money. So when an excuse to dismiss it comes along you tend to grab it because it frees you from the dilemma. Mt Gox and BTC was the same for me.

I try to keep up with new tech developments and knew about bitcoin since very early on but I always thought there would be some replacement doing things better just around the corner. Turns out that will never happen, Bitcoin will always be king. I mined and traded in 2013-14 for about a $5k profit but sold it all because I needed cash. Bought $500 last November and turned it into $400k. All you need to do to succeed is accept Christ and stop using reddit. Through Christ even the weakest soyboys can find the strength to stand behind their decisions instead of caving in to fickle women.

>I am mainly a Redditor but i don't see what that has to do with anything

You know how I could identify that you were a redditor and that you're new to Veeky Forums? Because everything about your whole attitude screams it. Believe it or not but once upon a time this site was different, you and your kind have fucking ruined it. You all came here looking for your 'inside tips' like cancerous weeds and have shitted this site up for good. I've been here for years, even when crypto was dead the stock advice here was excellent. GXY, EDIT, APH, all mooned. The memes were great, and people actually had the balls to invest. You and your low test soyboys with your wives came and are surprised that people hate you. I bet you have a nintendo switch and you used to make gay shit for your wife and then take pictures of it, I bet that you plan to take her travelling if you ever do make gains. Or at least if your marriage wasn't miserable because you swallowed so much bullshit propaganda. Go back.

>if in another timeline BTC had failed completely you'd be patting yourself on the back
bodied

Just get over it bro

Honestly, I've known about Veeky Forums for a long time. I visited biz and was turned off by all the rasicm. I just don't understand what race has to do with investments. (I'm white, btw) It just seems like a younger, more edgy demographic. I guess it's the anonymous side of it. Like i said, that's what really turned me off about this site. Reddit is at least semi decent and safe for work.

You're right man. I guess i psyched myself out. Kinda heard what i wanted to hear from my wife. That "no".

>I visited biz and was turned off by all the rasicm. I just don't understand what race has to do with investments.

This is bait, it has to be bait. You can't be this much of a drone holy shit. You actually care about racism on the internet, what the fuck is wrong with you jesus christ. And believe it or not, not every racist is an edgy teenager, its just we don't reveal our powerlevel irl. Old biz was not only racist but actually full of real life traders who have now all left because of the reddit scourge. I legitimately hope you realise that bitcoin has made a lot of these racists extremely powerful and left you holding bags. I know this because back when BTC was worth dollars or pennies, the only people really buying it were antisemites who believed jews control all the banks. Back then BTC wasn't seen as an 'investment' by anyone. Anyways you should probably kys.

That makes since especially them Tron Dogs lel

>antisemites who believed jews control all the banks
Does knowing such facts make me an antisemite?

Is this the incel larp thread?

OP has to be a troll. I refuse to believe someone is actually like this

This isn't "bait". I just don't like reading stupid shit when I'm trying to learn about investments. It's distracting and annoying/nsfw. And you're actually right. BTC wasn't an investment, per se. I just saw it going up by the day and it looked like more of a stock to me, than an actual currency. Especially because it was traded on an exchange. The whole thing was sort of mysterious.

Believe me, we tell /pol/ where to stuff it: but they keep coming around, spreading their cancer and brainwashing everywhere. It truly sucks, but also you sound like a little bitch. Actually I'm pretty sure you are baiting, and it's not bad bait if so. I just wanted to take the opportunity to talk shit about /pol/ and their goddamned stormweenie masters.

nah bro it just dropped 10%, surely its over forever

>he thinks its larp

No, people actually are this pathetic.

Redditors are, and this site is full of them. They bought the top because they are hivemind cucks who are incapable of free thought. Notice he actually discussed decisions with his wife instead of slapping her up and demanding she makes food. I would never get married in a country I couldn't do this in. Anyways he is either baiting, or he's completely fucked because he fomo'd in like every other Reddit 105er. I bet he unironically has Marvel/Star Wars memorabilia.

You should probably kys, we made memes about niggers AND made 50x while you 'learn about investments' holy shit.

Racism and pol aren't connected and that's how I know you're a redditor, people ON THIS SITE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN RACIST. /Pol/ just believes in activism and 'saving the world' we believe in getting rich enough to treat shitskins like literal toilets. Kys.

But how am i pathetic? I'm just a little down. You've never been sad or depressed before? I thought I'd come here because it's anonymous and maybe some people will make me feel better. I'm sorry guys if I offended anybody.

You're pathetic for so many other reasons you will never realise. I hope bitcoin dies because at this point I'd rather you all left than make more gains, I could take 5 years off of making gains if it meant losing you faggots.

No, i didn't buy the top. I just never sold or took profits. That was my mistake. Thinking it would keep going up after the new year.

You don't offend any nigga here OP. Here's some advice get off this board and just try not thinking about it for a while. We're not gonna be all cheery just to make you feel better your a man act like it shit.

Thank you for proving my point.

>listening to women
>ever
You goof.

Thought I'd get away a bit and talk to some guys. But thank you. You're right. I need to man up and just move on. I mean I still have all my coins. I'm sure the market will go back up. I just have to accept that i missed out on selling at the top.

fellow anons please learn from faggot OP. modern women are the WORST investment ever. there was a time when women cooked, cleaned, made babies, raised babies, were virgins on their wedding day, didn't work with a bunch of men with cocks you can't block. those days are long gone. women are just holes now. pump and dump only

>/pol/ is not connected to racism
Yeah nah you're an idiot. Have you ever spent any actual time on /pol/? I suggest you go there now and soak up some more of the poison they are doling out 24/7/365. I never even bothered to make a reddit account fool.

The lesson you were meant to learn from this is.....

NEVER LISTEN TO A WOMAN.

I stumbled upon an article written about Bitcoin in early 2018. It got me thinking and I really liked the idea behind a digital currency. I talked to my wife about throwing a few grand into it. BTC's price was $10,000 at the time. She thought it was a terrible idea and said that we really need the money for the wedding we were planning. I didn't want to hear her bitch, so I said fuck it and moved on. A while later, after the wedding, I would check up on the price. I wanted to get into it but the only exchanges at the time were Coinbase and Kraken and it seemed shady and confusing to me. Then the exchanges ran into trouble, so it scared me off even more. I still checked up on it from time to time but still didn't invest. Life happened and years went by. The buzz about crypto was getting louder and louder and i finally convinced her that we should invest. This was Oct 2028. All of my investments were doing so well after that and i got really happy! Prices kept going up. Then we all know what happened. The market crashed. I kept seeing memes about "hodling" so I never sold or took any profits. I'm now at the break even point and I'm so depressed. I missed out on so much money and my life sucks. I'm at a dead end job and see nothing in my future. I just don't know what to do. I keep thinking about how my life could have been if I had invested just a year earlier. I can't stop thinking and it's driving me nuts. My thoughts are going to kill me.

>I talked to my wife about throwing a few grand into it. BTC's price was $7 at the time. She thought it was a terrible idea and said that we really need the money for the wedding we were planning. I didn't want to hear her bitch, so I said fuck it and moved on

Should have dropped her and went all in, you'd be living the fucking life right now.

/pol/ is not explicitly racist, there is just a large amount of literal stormfront tier retards there that found shelter under the actual value of freedom of speech / western supremacy

confirmed for role playing faggot. too many memes, too much pottery. gas yourself.

Curtains for certains

>BTC's price was $7 at the time.
Saw that article on slash dot back then too. I coulda just thrown like $100 at it. Would have been nothing to me. I didn't even have a bitch wife to FUD me out of it. I let me FUD myself, too scam averse. Flash forward like a year or two, jumped on Veeky Forums and heard of ETH for the first time, back when it was like $.23... but there was so much shilling and FUD on Veeky Forums at the time I just got sick of the whole crypto world and said fuck it.

Now here I am, doing it.

Trust me man, you can't look back on what might have been. You didn't do that shit and you can't go back now and not do it.

The thing that got me to invest finally, is actually reading up on wtf this shit actually is and how it works. Once you do that you'll realize that this shit is not going ANYWHERE. You're still in early, and if you pick up a few of the right coins, maybe you wont ever be a bazilionare Lamborghini demolition derby driver, but you will make something if you hold long enough.

>If you REALLY believed in the coin, you would have bought it. Plain and simple. Nothing would have prevented you from buying it - not work, not your wife, not the news, not distractions, not even lack of money - you would've found a way.
Basically this^
I am now so convinced that crypto is the future, no amount of market turbulence will shake my hands. I'm in this till the end now. And really, that's the way it had to be, or else I'd still be sitting on the side line.

>Yea but i had a 7 year head start.
Yeah, and lets not kid ourselves about this. Had you and me bought in there, would you REALLY have held past $100?
Would you have held after it hit some 1k and then dropped back down again?
Get real, you would have sold off for gains WAY before we hit the 2017 bull run and we both know it. Unless, as I said in my previous post, you actually believed this shit was the future.

>Being this much of a brainlet

Let me explain the difference to you, Veeky Forums is and always has been racist because the people who used to come here didn't give a shit about the stuff society keeps telling us to care about. They didn't give a fuck that shitskins don't have access to drinking water, they don't care about some 'tragic' school shooting, or if some roastie was beaten to death in domestic violence, they don't care about donating to charities and all this other bullshit redditors and normies virtue signal about. They cared about making money, the reality is racism is a default state in most people, when you have a site that is open to contrarian viewpoints and where you don't get downvoted or doxxed for being racist, you attract racists. The difference is for pol racism is their main concern in life, they actively want to change shit, day of the rope and all that. Veeky Forums racism is the old school 'I don't give a shit, I hate niggers because of their smell and want to be rich enough to live far away from them; racism. Vs /pols/ 'we must secure a future for white children' crap. There is a difference.

Racism, sexism, and general other-ism underlies all of the more "reasonable" shit you might find there. White supremacy is the bottom line at /pol/, and they use it to recruit susceptible minds. Indoctrinating (mostly young) people step by step, starting with the more reasonable sounding arguments and progressing to full on bitter hatred and venom for whatever scapegoats.

I think I'll just let your weak ass response speak for itself here.

He doesn't get it yet man. He's fresh off the boat.

The difference between redditt and Veeky Forums (and why we can spot them so easily) is because reditt is for individualists (egotists) and Veeky Forums is for collectivists (hiveminds). It's why Reddit is so much more popular that Veeky Forums, but why Veeky Forums content is higher on either sides of the bell curve. Reddit will give you middle of the road content, and Veeky Forums will simultaneously give you the best and the worst content on the internet.
When you're here, you take the good with the bad.

>Honestly, I've known about Veeky Forums for a long time
Oh, FOMOing into this too huh? Learned nothing have we? That's ok.
Just remember kid, once you're here. You're here forever.

Look at all this ego. You're always going to be a faggot here talking like that.
>I
>I
>I'd
>my
>me me me
Get over yourself first faggot.
Also lurk more, you're not ready to post here yet.

Holy fuck I just realised how right you are. See on Veeky Forums my instinct was always to go with the flow, knowing that the free market of ideas would trend towards good decisions. If I encountered racism my instinct was to be totally open minded and accepting of it, like a literal stream of information.

When you look at redditors everything is about themselves, go to any thread and they respond to whatever they see with some anecdote THEY experienced, every conversation must be moronically brought back to themselves. If you start a thread laughing about pajeets on reddit, the comments will all be 'this one time I met an indian and...' or 'my cousin married an indian...' they are literally the epitome of what sucks about millennials.

>lurk moar
I disagree with half of everything else you've posted, but this is the best advice that's been given in this thread.

>If I encountered racism my instinct was to be totally open minded and accepting of it, like a literal stream of information.
This is the correct response, because any other response would cloud your judgment around the actual data received. IT'S ALSO EXACTLY WHY THE HIVEMIND DOES THIS KIND OF SHIT. So people like that fag get filtered out.
Same with tits or gtfo. It's to train females to act right on Veeky Forums. And guess what - it works.

I tend to lurk more than I post, but the OP story brings me back to when I first heard about bitcoin. I'm over it. Also, you don't have to agree with me, I'd hate it if everyone here agreed with me.

>listening to women and not doing your own thing and take risks following your gut feel
Men lead, women follow. It's always the rule of nature. No wonder the white race is falling apart, you let your hubris destroy you.

Yeah right, and if you wander naively into a viper pit with an open mind like a babe in the woods, they're going fuck you with that red pill until you're filled with bitterness, bile, and misery. Blaming the niggers and jews for the fact that your life is passing you by while you wait for the happening. You're a victim if you go to /pol/ with anything but the most critical mind. If you go there before you've learned to think for yourself, they're going to tell you what you think and who you are, and turn into one of their minions, spreading the same poison around wherever you go. Starting with the "reasonable" arguments of course.

>critical thinking
That really goes without saying.

And I think you're a little cynical about /pol/, it's gotten a lot worse over time sure, but there was always a diversity of opinions on there before it became as influential (and consequently popular) as it is now.

There are always brainlets here. There always will be. The only way people are going to learn is through exposure. Some of them wont make it, we aren't all going to make it. You seem to have scathed the /pol/ and came out fine. I picked up some fringe opinions there, but I'm a normal person and I don't buy into just anything without critical analysis.

Also, blindly assuming that niggers and jews don't cause problems, is just as bad as assuming they cause all problems, wouldn't you agree?

which nigger? which jew? If you just lump them all together, if you're focused only on the differences, then you miss out on how we're alike, which is MORE IMPORTANT.

You see, this all used to be at least partly tongue in cheek. Niggerposting, posting tits or GTFO, these things were funny, and fun because they were taboo, and because they offended people with an unwarranted sense of self importance. We did it for the yuks. But the tone of it all has shifted to some real dark shit, hammered day and night by people who really have no sense of humor about it at all. It's all so deadly serious now.

Lmao stfu most people have heard of Bitcoin in 2011. You're not in some special situation. We all missed out on those gains because we were too pissy to invest. You're actually bitch made I can't believe I'm even trying to console you atm

That's partially the "fools finding themselves in good company" meme, and partially because the REAL WORLD is driving this hatred. Look at the media, look at places outside Veeky Forums. You think the "internet-hate machine" is responsible for all that? The tone has changed here because the tone is changing out there. People come here and say what they aren't allowed to say out there. The people who come here and get influenced enough to bleed out to the real world are a drop in the bucket comparatively imho.

My personal take on inflammatory rhetoric on Veeky Forums is that it ALWAYS targets the ego. ALWAYS. Anyone here who has long since discarded that bullshit when they come here see nigger, jew, tits, and just laugh because it's stupid and meaningless and it's funny that some people get serious about it.
For a LONG time, there was no white inflammatory shit... but now we see it sometimes, why? Because white pride and white identity (ego) is becoming popular, so now there's a foothold for the hivemind to attack. Additionally an influx of anti-white users are to blame for this - but this is not a bad thing. People think it is, but they don't understand how it works.

Most people here have no idea about what this place truly is and what it does and how it works. I only have a very small grasp myself.

lurkers approve of this thread

So... envy and regret?

You're still better off than the majority of people, it's as if you never started. Others FOMO'd after you with the exact same story and are down 50-60%. Count your graces and search for the silver lining in the dark, cloudy sky.

>break even point

are you larping or are you just autistic

Underrated
Also underrated

OP please tell me

do you hate your wife?

my mom is more than well enough off, and when btc was $150 i kept telling her to give me 10K to buy some. 10K to her was nothing. I nagged her for a week and she wouldnt give in. now that the price is up our relationship is completely destroyed. she feels like shit that i begged her like i never have before in my life (i never beg anyway) and i feel like SUPER SHIT that this dumb bitch didnt listen. i never asked her for anything in my life ever again, and never will.

either way,

do not EVER listen to women saying no to your plans, think them over YOURSELF

Please tell me you're kidding.
Maybe you should've gotten a job you lazy millenial fuck. Your mother doesn't owe you anything.

if you think people without significant assets should not invest in their kids you are absolutely ridiculous, especially when said person has over 1 million euros in liquid assets.

trump gates.. lots of people got their boost from FAMILY MONEY

please kill yourself

Entitled idiot.

Think about it from an ADULTS prospective, your kid is asking for ten thousand damn dollars for some virtual currency BS......

99% of parents won’t just give you 10k on a whim, they didn’t make their money by giving it away....

Again, very entitled....

it's not an investment if it's just given to you, it's a handout
had you shown more initiative than the bum you are by at least making a convincing case for why your mother should lend you the money, you'd have gotten the money
ultimately you get what you deserve, and your little entitled ass blaming women for your failure to earn money or persuade people shows you can't be trusted to be a man

Given that you shown yourself to be shitstain after all is said and done, she made the right call.

You'd be a horrible person if well monied

I hate hearing these cuckery stories. How much of a fucking pussywhipped bitch do you need to be, to not do your own decisions regarding YOUR OWN MONEY.

How are you the bitch when youre in a relationsip with a woman?

Imagine buying into Google... You'd have ((parentheses)) around your name on Twitter by now... Or if you picked the one number off on the Powerball?

I'm in the same boat. Found out about BTC in 2014 when it was $500 per BTC. My missus was sceptical to say the least so I only brought a quarter of a BTC. My only chance of wealth has now gone,and I'm stuck in a miserable marriage with a depressed, negative woman. When I met her she had a two year old kid,who's dad had recently died in an accident. This kid is now 24 and is a spurg. I don't like him,but she loves him more then me, this mongoloid kid will never leave home, so I've got a choice of staying here always being number 2 in her shitty world,or leave at the age of 46,and start a new life. That would mean leaving the two children we had together,who I love very much. Don't ever get married lads, and don't ever get with a single mum for any reason.

You could have been me, bought a bunch of them as a kid in like 2011, then deleted the HDD for games because they were worthless and now want to kill yourself every day.

Everyone has a sob story, get rich another way.

high quality post

One of the best comments i've ever seen on Veeky Forums

You almost bought it and now you're almost rich.