Rich people food ITT

Rich people food ITT

Other urls found in this thread:

newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/17/at-666-this-devilish-new-burger-is-also-the-worlds-most-expensive/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kek

I GET IT

1. The Douche Burger – $666
666 Burger, New York

The douche burger attempts to make a mockery of the entire expensive burger phenomenon. Created by Franz Aliquo and the 666 Burger food truck in New York City, the cheeseburger features a Kobe beef patty wrapped in gold leaf, foie gras, caviar, lobster, truffles, imported aged Gruyere cheese, melted with champagne steam, a kopi luwak barbeque sauce and Himalayan rock salt.

The owner of the food truck, Franz Alique has this to say about the world’s most expensive burger, “It consists of a f—ing burger filled and topped with rich people s–t.”

newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/17/at-666-this-devilish-new-burger-is-also-the-worlds-most-expensive/

Source btw if you don't think this is real

>“It consists of a f—ing burger filled and topped with rich people s–t.”

kek, perfect summary

should be named bottom ramen desu, I'ts complete shit compared to shin red and black

>mported aged Gruyere cheese, melted with champagne steam
that sounds interesting

sounds like a person who hates food and experimenting tbqh

>haha i'm doing this thing that literally everyone else does but i'm being ironic so it's totally different now pls buy it

>Lobster roll
>Rich people food
Pick one

To be fair a rich New Englander on the way home from his summer place might stop for those iof the kids are hungry.

Subtle. Impressive. +1

"Oh, Marcy dear, Chaz Jr. and Sofie look positively starved after this afternoon at Kennebunkport. We simply must stop on our way to visit the Smiths in the Hamptons. Look! There's a McDonalds! They have lobster rolls!"

Richfag with parents making $84,000 here

We eat just regular people food. Cereal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, meatloaf for dinner

You'd be surprised, rich people like us are just regular people deep down

If you have any questions about the life of wealthy privileged elites, please do not hesitate to ask

>rich
>84K
Now that's rich m8

>Stronk copypasta

Kek

truffle shavings are pretty enjoyable when done well but there is LITERALLY no reason to use them other than trying to make a dish seem more $

and no, fake truffle oil isn't as bad as people make it out to be

Spotted the infant.

I got bad news for u

Guys... Just fyi, this is the new copypasta.

It's been around for a few days, and posted any time the thread consists of something to do with money.

Seems like I'm the only one that ever notices, while everyone takes the bait. Maybe I'm just a no life who spends too much time on a Croatian image distribution website.

Every time the filipino carbonara/marie's tomato sauce/jack webms get posted, there's about 10 people who reply as if they've seen it for the first time. They get posted once a week or more.

You eat meatloaf every day?

>"Oh, Marcy dear, Chaz Jr. and Sofie look positively starved after this afternoon at Kennebunkport. We simply must stop on our way to visit the Smiths in the Hamptons. Look! There's a McDonalds! They have lobster rolls!"

kek

Most well off people REALLY care about looking good, so small portions of the latest health fad food. Of course it has to be free range, non GMO, gluten free, blah, blah, blah. Kings and Wegmans supermarkets in NJ cater to these people.

>Thinking a food truck is actually attempting to do fine dining
Jesus christ

Rich people eat food that suits the current temperature it it's a warm summer night ergo i'll have a mahi mahi

>bragging about mahi mahi
Stop confusing a little better than middle class with rich, especially when you don't know whats actually really good

yeah user the poors would never think to drink a hot meaty soup on a cold winters day

Not too far off.

literally posted in the other rich poeple thread

don't fall for the bait people

Dolphin fish is something to brag about?

>84k
>not rich
That's more than 99% make in my country

Sea mammals taste like shitty salty beef, but its fun telling vegans you've eaten them

>tfw just helped a couple file bankruptcy that was making 100K a year simply because they their medical bills piled up on them

tbqh though

lmao

That's awesome. Speaking of New York.

The McDonalds in Freeport, ME actually looks like a bed and breakfast.

Tastes like bait

When I'm doing well, I splurge on scallops. When not, I do quesadillas.

>Dolphin fish is something to brag about?
Just call dolphin, or you look like an idiot who would confuse it for anything else. You don't go around ordering shrimp shellfish, do you? This -fish and the mahi mahi terms were both conceived to enlighten dumbasses in restaurants in flyover states that never stepped foot on the ocean, nor held a damn rod or reel or fished for game fish. Don't be stupid. Act like you know what's what. It's dolphin. Just dolphin.

And, for the record, yes, I would consider any billfish or other truly terrific game fish that has to be line caught worth bragging about. It helps that it's a white and mild unfishy tasting fish too.

If I'm to rank it, I'd put dolphin....oh, top 5 in my book, if it's fresh, which if you truly were a RealTravelerRichPerson, as this thread talks about, you'd be living the high life and right on the ocean, hopefully with a 42' Bertram yacht parked right on your seawall, cause you like deep and direct access for your sailboat too.

5 blue marlin, if not swordfish (has to be fresh)
4 Dolphin, always good fresh, from a sandwich to blackened
3 Red Snapper, or hogfish, if it's the real thing
2 Stone Crabs, in season. Joe's dipping sauce.
1 Halibut, preferably right off the boat in Homer AK

All the billfish should come off the list, oh well, same as redfish, got too exploited, but since I've lived a long time, I'll share anyone who has had either knows it is top of the list delicious. I like grouper...esp fried...but omg, if you knew how disgusting and full of parasites they are when you filet them...and picking them out, you'd probably stop ordering it.

I spend way too much time on /pol/

I don't get it. Are you making a joke that Jewish families are always rich? Because they're not.

What the fuck is that in the background? Looks like some guy wearing a freakish fur coat.

>Because they're not.

Yes yes. Jews are people just like you and me and we should accept the Jews and their friendly ways without any critique whatsoever

Bottom five fish?

How do most people ruin fish while preparing it?

What are some of your favorite fish recipies, apart from seared with a little lemon?

Salmon with a mix of honey, wild blueberry jam, ginger, whole mustard, garlic, and relish. Wrap in foil for the grill, baking dish for oven, olive oil in a hot frying pan

You're a real gentleman, user.

Could you give me some rough ratio estimates, please?

get out of here, foodstamps can buy a family plenty of limes

I don't measure anything. And I'm not the person that you posed the question to, but this is my favorite glaze. Start with a 1/4 cup of honey and a couple spoons of jam and relish, one scoop of mustard, and the seasoning is to taste but I'd imagine that one part garlic to two parts ginger would work well. Also my other favorite jam is pineapple raspberry and works just as well. I make them myself for my son's sandwiches and for my plain Greek yogurt. I really don't understand how people do just a squeeze of citrus. I'll bet that fresh orange juice would taste great though.

Depends on the rich person, some people like to eat well and varied, some people can survive off frozen pizza.

My dads rich, he likes to buy expensive ingredients and makes good food, he pays out the ass for his fu fu lifestyle(18 bucks for a dry cure chorizo sausage last week, sure it was good but you're paying 18 bucks for a single cured sausage), meanwhile my brother, while rich, survives off of complete garbage food, and has routinely told me if he could take 1 pill a day and not have to eat he would do it, food means nothing to him.

I'm rich but frugal, I eat home made soup and cheap farmers market fruits.

Also another cool tip, since the guy that you asked about a recipe is apparently a visitor of my beautiful state. Halibut generally isn't a great fish, even fresh. People always go for the big ones, which the old meat isn't very good. But on any age of halibut, the cheeks have the best meat. I gently sauté them in butter and onions with salt and pepper. Best white fish meat ever!

And my final advice to answer your question about cooking fish. people make the mistake of cooking it until it's fully cooked (when it flakes from the fork). Reality is that you should remove it a few minutes from that point of being done. Allow it to rest as with any meat. It'll become dry if you don't. This is true with all seafood as well. Shrimp and halibut are my least favorite when overcooked.

>shitskins actually think white people talk like this

>surimi
>lobster

Truffles are pretty tasty tbqh, people would still use them even if they weren't expensive

>white trash actually think that wasn't a joke
My boss is actually at Bar Harbor on vacation this week, and that is basically how he talks minus the McDonalds part

Keep on being triggered by people who went to college, cleetus

Poor detected. How's that Kraft mac&cheese and Walmart canned tuna working for you? Do you whisper to yourself "trump" with every bite?

Rich yankees from New England talk a lot like that. Look at John Kerry.

Kek.

Dolphin is a regular thing here. In fact aside from bait fish (robin, jack) dolphin is a poor mans fish because you can catch it in a 12 foot row boat not even 400 foot offshore.

Commands a whole $2.60 USD per lbs from vendors as a same day catch delivered right to your door.

Thank you so much!

That's exactly the advice I wanted with measurements.

I'm not sure where I could get just fish cheeks without buying a whole fish, and then just keeping the good parts for myself. Perhaps someone saves the heads for stock? I'll definitely have to see.

I did know the trick about letting more delicate things finish cooking by themselves. This also applies to pasta and eggs. It's a good tip, though. Rubbery shrimp ruined a large part of my budget accidentally, once. Most of the other partygoers didn't notice, but the guy in cooking school for pastries just kind of sighed and then didn't let me mooch a glass from his personal wine bottle.

Fish cheeks are common at rich people stores and Asian stores

Middle class and lower will freak the fuck out and call the health department at the suggestion that meat comes from actual anatomical features, so avoid your average uncultured whitebread shops

oy vey

presumably a starved orphan cleans you with a napkin after each bite

I was going to try an HMart first, and then bug the seafood counter at Central Market depending on the freshness of the eyes.

Where do you usually shop? I try to like HMart, but it mostly smells like rotten produce. Armed with the knowledge that even the most bleach-covered Kroger's is rife with fda nightmares, I kind of feel bad. As a result, I usually end up shelling out more at a slightly gentrified market near a Bistro B for an only slightly cleaner experience.

All of the Mexican grocery stores in Dallas seem like carbon copies of the Chinese markets, but with some takis, higher prices, and less selection.

Indian markets tend to smell nice and have middle-of-the-road prices, imo. I like those best.

Where the fuck did you eat blue marlin at? And enough of it you ranked it? No one ever even keeps them.

you talk about fish like a tourist. Dolphin is ok but grouper is far better

Holy shit, did you by any chance make this for your daughter for the first time in 5 years recently? I think I may have stumbled upon your social media recently.

I know it's bait but I laughed anyway.
Thanks, user.

oh fuck my sides

literally honest question.

say i was a rich douche who wanted to get this burger for no other reason simply than that i had the money. does this fucking guy actually have all the ingredients in stock and ready to make this burger? seems to me like a lot of the ingredients could go bad if he doesn't sell at least one a day.

if he almost never sells them, what's the fucking point? isn't he losing money on the ingredients? in that case, the joke's on him. i don't get it.

Asian people stores with fish counter can sell you fish heads or whole fish

The stores I go to that have stand-alone cheeks are in NYC and aren't national chains

I have a son, I stumbled on this combination on accident. I experiment a good deal with seasonings. I'll take that as a compliment though. I've told a few tourists about it.

Is this supposed to be a joke? You get both of these things for like $1-2 in my country.

They're specifically halibut cheeks. They're not as common down in the lower 48, but they're there.

Resting is important for most meats. I'm honestly really young and have had no schooling for cooking. But I did spend two summers cooking solely by camp fire, and have been cooking for my son for about four years. He eats just about anything that I make. His favorites are steamer clams, mussels, crab, salmon, black olives, tomatoes, and avocado. His favorite birthday cake is my upside down maple bacon cake. That boy eats everything! Before all that I was experimenting for years as a child. It was either that or my parents would've kept me sewing.

Call it Dorado you dumb fuck
Dolphin is confusing as hell

>Homerfags
SEWARD PRIDE WORLD WIDE

Confirmed by google street view.

I love going to my millionaire New Yorker Jewish uncle's house when he comes back from the deli with matzo ball soup, Reubens, and black-and-white cookies.

>anti-Semitic losers from /pol/ will never be taken to luxury vacation spots every year by their rich Jewish uncles

>retarded leftist thinks her psychology degree made her smarter and not dumber
lmao

I was just there with my family a couple weeks ago (white, 4 of us). Love lobster rolls. Bought two at one place and two at another. not great. Saw a family get 4 of them (at mfing23 bucks apiece. holy shit) at another place. I bet those were good ones.
Bought 9 lobsters over our stay. 7 softshell at 4/50/lb and 2 hardshell at 6/lb. made about 14 more rolls. super good. potato buns. just mayo and a little celery. so good.

no thurston howell accent here. also no crazy money.

>black-and-white cookies
>Jewish

it's like poetry

>order a lobster roll at a restaurant
>it's 50% lettuce

REEEEEEEEEE

If I was rich I'd eat scallops daily, and frog legs twice daily

>leftist
Are you triggered sweetie? Did the mean old liberal offend you? Maybe you should go back to your hug box safe space

Here scallops are the seafood filler. The cheap junk that everybody is fed up of and will complain about when their seafood mix is 75% scallop

And where is here please?

here in southeastern oklahoma you can eat froglegs for breakfast, lunch and dinner. just gotta run outside and catch them.

Confirmed for not knowing what WASPs are.

This post is the essence of Veeky Forums NEET obliviousness

>Liberal trying to talk like the people who berate her.

That's cultural appropriation. Check your privileges.

So glad I live in Connecticut. Home of the best lobster rolls you poor broke fucks can only dream of.

my dad is a multimillionaire who doesn't really flaunt it and my aunt and uncle are both ridiculous jetsetting nouveau riche types from australia.

my experience of rich people is that they don't really have to worry about feeding themselves that much. they get fed at the events, on plane flights and other people's homes they go to regularly. or they have private chefs or live off cold cuts and shit from nicer supermarkets. where they really show extravagance is in the booze.

it's not like rich people eat lobster all the time. i would say that's probably more of a middle class extravagance.