Drinking tap water

Veeky Forums, where do you live and how's your tap water over there?

Do you use a filter out of principle or is the quality of your water really that bad?

Let's talk about the crack of liquids.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Vienna_Mountain_Spring_Pipeline
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sydney and no filters cause it's totally fine. I'm shocked that the US has terrible tasting water when I visited

Drink nothing but tap water, the occasional bubbly water, and alcohol. The tap water isn't terrible, but using a Brita filter makes it taste better.

Netherlands
Gr8 clear tastin',little high on the calcium but thats K.

I really really like water from my garden hose for some reason. On topic tho, Ohio and the city water is fine.

Seattle area
Water is good here, so straight from the tap.

I've got one of those Brita filters attached to the kitchen faucet. I notice a change in taste so it's got to be working. I'd still like to get it tested for impurities but that kind of testing isn't cheap.

Central Texas here. I have lived many places (including Canada, other US states, Denmark, and England) and aside from the well water on my family's farm in Denmark, the tap water here is among the best I've tasted.

I installed an RO filter on the kitchen sink last year. I haven't noticed much of a difference in the taste of the water when drinking it but it made a noticeable difference in the quality of my soups and stocks. I don't drink coffee but my wife does and she says the coffee is better as a result of that too.

Glasgow, Scotland.
The tap water here is very tasty. No filter.

Salt Lake City. Water is p good familia.

Our water here is pretty hard in the CenTex area.

I use a filter for my drinking water out of the tap, but don't for tea. The filter doesn't filter out the calcium and magnesium though, but they actually serve as a dietary supplement.

Plays hell on the water heater, though, do to limescale build up, which is why a lot of homes actually have, and use, water softeners.

You ever think your water tastes like shit to visitors too?

It did.

You guys ever realize that not all water in "Sydney" or "The US" tastes the same? Even in a single city the taste of the water will vary greatly all over the city depending on the age and type of the pipes, which treatment plant and/or reservoir the water comes from, and so on.

South Wales. Top tier water.

Another central(it) Texas bro here, everyone says the tap water tastes weird here but I think it's fine. Never bother with filters and bullshit.

Vancouver, WA here and i like my tap water though it's so hard i have to clean rocks out of my tap filters every month.

Germany. The town is supplied by mountain springs and piped in. It's good. Lots of minerals.

I drink almost only tap water. I boil it because it's really hard and that makes some of the limescale come out. Then I keep it in the fridge. I shake it before I pour or it tastes flat.

I also make coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon. Sometimes I mix with fruit juices.

I used to drink a lot of soda, but my tummy doesn't like that any more. Sometimes I'll have a coke. But generally tap is it.

Brita is just activated charcoal. It's a lot of surface area crammed into small dimensions. It lowers the concentration of anything in the water, even the minerals you want.

Getting your water tested is €50 - €100, depending on how many contaminants you want the lab to look for. The standard 'old pipes' package isn't expensive.

I mainly just drink tap water (austin) about 2 or 3 litres a day, tastes fine to me, I just can't stand it when it comes straight from the rap though, so I keep a bottle frozen in the freezer.

Why does your airport smell like a bathroom all the time?

Sweden, tap water every day. I've noted it tastes like shit further south though.

Florida
Not that bad, definitely not the worst

I only drink bottled water as the tap water is absolutely disgusting here in London.

Last time I was there was 20 years ago. The tap had no pressure, was lukewarm, and smelled of chlorine. I didn't taste it.

Vienna, Austria
Our tap water is so good it has a Wikipedia entry.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Vienna_Mountain_Spring_Pipeline

Still the same today.

Not sure why Londons is so shitty when up North has decent tap water. Probably just the amount of people.

Moscow
Let me put it this way - I buy filters rated for 6 months and they last 4 at a stretch, and that's using them more conservatively than the rated throughput.
Don't drink tap water in Russia.

Chicago suburb
Straight tap water is totally fine.

shut up with your logic

Bakersfield, California.

Don't drink the water. Seriously, don't.

I live in central Arkansas

Godtier tap water

I drank it from the hose from the raceway all the time as a kid

slc water doesn't taste good

Paris, water isn't very tasty but it's fine quality wise
Grew up in the eastern part of France, tap water was bottled and resold for mariage because of how good it was. I miss it.

Lexington KY.

It's fine but my place has some old ass piping so it doesn't taste so great.

I used to bike in Italy and there were lines of cars by roadside springs in the hills with people filling up containers. Looked like in the Sahara. I guess the water was exceptional. Or maybe the spring was blessed and those were believers.

Germany, Berlin here. It's alright I suppose.

San Antonio, TX. Always drink tap water, it's decent. Occasionally break out filter for tea/coffee.

I bet you work on rocket testing for SpaceX.

Rural part of Montana. Tap water is amazing.

Mississippi Delta, tap water is pretty good. Tastes great and feels clean in the shower.

Portland, Oregon. It's shitty. People shit in the reservoir and it's filled with caustic chemicals that leech lead out of susceptible houses (read: any house built before 1985).

Giant scandal a couple of weeks back about lead in the school tap water.

These fucking liberals pretend to be eco conscience but they're just penny pinching bureaucrats like the rest.

*conscious

god dammit the lead's already effecting my IQ

Moved to Lex from Elizabethtown, KY for college. That was the first time I lived somewhere where there wasn't noticeable sediment if you let a glass of water sit.

Still use a filter, though.

Brita filter here is useless, it still tastes awful. The filters from those vending machines are good and makes the water quite palatable at $1 per 5gal. So. California here.

Waddup lex-bros. Either of you cook?

I live in Southern California and the tap water in my city is so bad that filters don't do shit to make it taste better. Bottled water only for me, unless I am in a neighboring city.

corpus fag here water pretty good when we don't have to fucking boil it 4 or 5 times a year

I live in NY and the tap water tastes fine. Been drinking it all my life and I literally can't tell the difference between bottled water.

Alaska, my water is great since I live upstream from the nearest town.

I exclusively use one of those Brita filtered water bottles, it makes any water taste fine.

I like the airport there. It is one of the few I have been to that you can smoke in.

>I like smoking rooms inside.

Not professionally, but, as a hobby that almost pays for itself.

word dude, i cook at lockbox downtown

Toronto

Its great at my parents place (newer house) but my place is probably 120 years old, and the water has more of a "taste" to it. I don't mind it at all though. I find that water tastes a bit different depending where you are in the city. All in all it is pretty good. I read somewhere that we have some of the best tap water in the world, however I have no source to prove that. It has to do with Lake Ontario being right next to the city.

SF tap water is tasty

EVERYONE has heard of the otherwise unremarkable place where there's THE best tap water. It's usually home. It is usually a claim not backed by any evidence but anecdotal personal flavor testing by parents or grandparents.

It's nothing but a meme. Places with great water have bottling plants. You can sell it for twice what the bottled reverse osmosis municipal water rakes in.

Next we'll start buying air in cans, not to avoid dangerous contaminations, just for flavor.