How do I make the best grilled cheese? Or even a good or okay grilled cheese sandwich...

How do I make the best grilled cheese? Or even a good or okay grilled cheese sandwich. I always do it in a pan with the top and bottom sides of the sandwich buttered, with two slices of kraft cheese.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RllWJUvrxEY
youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do it in a pan, with both outer sides of the bread buttered, using literally anything other than kraft cheese.

In a PAn

Hamburger buns, inside out with a little bit of butter. Use colby cheese. Dip into tomato soup.

Why is it called a grilled cheese when it's fried?

On hand I have: kraft american cheese singles, kraft mexican taco style shredded cheese, and cheez-its.

mayonnaise on the outside instead of butter, coats everything so much easier

well there's two answers.

one is to make your normal "good" grilled cheese. use good bread like sourdough, butter both sides, use a nice hot griddle/flattop, and use real cheese. I like gruyere if you can get it, but a nice cheddar works just fine.

butter both sides of the bread, and cook both sides of each slice on your griddle/pan/whatever, THEN add the cheese. close the sandwich, and cook on medium (not high) heat.

the other option,however, is that you can go full autist and do this instead youtu.be/RllWJUvrxEY

Put cheese between bread, butter that shit, put on hot pan. Not that hard OP. Use something better than kraft singles if you want something okay or better. I like fontina, pepper jack, or colby jack. If I feel like it sometimes i will throw some sliced tomatoes in there too.

>cheez-its
try it, i'm curious, post pics

I've shoved cheez-its into the sandwich after it's made before, it adds another nice crunch to it. I think if you cook them with the sandwich you'd end up with soggy cheez-its.

What the hell was that tryhard shit, Alton? It didn't even look that good.

Put parmesan on the out side after buttering.

At the end, cut it and turn the cut face into the pan so you get a nice crust there too

sear one side of each slice in butter+pinch of salt, flip to 2nd side, add cheese (better cheese obviously helps).
The sear on the inside makes it 3 times as good

So everyone is saying butter... Use mayo on the outside instead. It allows you to load up on whatever cheese and cook it through with a way more reduced chance of burning. It will make the outside gold and crunchy, but not hard. I thought it was weird at first, but I've learned that especially when cooking for a few people, it allows that heat to be a little higher as well.

Jesus fuck, I just did this when I came home drunk as fuck. I just cut a paper thin slice out of both sides, buttered that shit up.

Shit was cash.

>So everyone is saying butter.
Yeah, because it tastes better than mayo.

>> the outside gold and crunchy, but not hard.
Same as butter

I've tried both. I noticed zero difference in the cooking process or the texture, but the butter tasted better.

honestly that sounds pretty damn good. I'm gonna have to try that some time. I love all the dumb shit you can do with these sandwiches.

youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY

Video related changed my life desu. I never even considered grilling cheese on the other side.

That looks to be fried not grilled.

Do you not know what a Plancha grill is, user?

>plancha grill

Or you can just say "flattop" like a normal person so people might know what you're talking about.

But that wouldn't explain how the term "grilled" came into the name of the sandwich.

>flattop grill

A quick google image search shows it was actually cooked in a frying pan.
:^)

Have you never heard of a short order cook? Who cooks all sorts of shit on a flattop grill? And is the person most likely to make you a grilled cheese sandwich if you order one in a restaurant?

I'm sure it was. After all, most people don't have a flattop in their home.

But the name originated from when these were cooked by short-order cooks in diners, using the flattop grill.