Best way to prepare mushrooms for a pizza?

Best way to prepare mushrooms for a pizza?
Side note what do you guys season the actual pizza or just the sauce?

I season the crust with this garlic bread mix I made a while ago.

10 / 10 I would recommend

As for mushrooms, I usually fry them in the pan a bit, with butter to sorta shrink em so they don't burn in the oven

>mushrooms on pizza

literally why

Ciabatta on a pan with a bit of cornmeal.

I usually just slice the mushrooms and let the oven do the work for me.

I slice mine very thin and salt them for half an hour before they go on the pie. They shrink a great deal and you get a more concentrated flavor.

Mushrooms go good with 90% of non-sweet food.

wash, dry, oil and salt

>Best way to prepare mushrooms for a pizza?
I slice thin and toss in a bit of olive oil in a bowl first, so they cook on top of the cheese well.

You could of course slice thicker or quarter, and then saute them first and get them a bit browned for more flavor. I like mushrooms deglazed with any kind of wine, vermouth, fortified wine, or balsamic vinegar, or lots of garlic.

>mushroom on pizza

faggots

>tfw had mushrooms in the teriyaki dunburi i got yesterday
>tfw judge everywhere that doesnt have mushrooms in their teriyaki donburi.

Best advice I ever read is you shouldn't put anything on a pizza that you wouldn't eat before it goes in the oven. People obviously precook things like chicken, but a lot of places just throw raw mushrooms on. They taste much better precooked

OP here, I sauted them as suggested and they turned out delicious, as did the pizza.

I think I'm gonna cook something with mushrooms as more of a main ingredient next because they tasted way better than I thought they would and it was super easy.

Being this much of a pleb.

>Best way to prepare mushrooms for a pizza?
By not using mushrooms for a pizza

Whatever you do, don't use canned ones. Are canned mushrooms good for anything at all?

>canned mushrooms
Is this another american thing, or am i just blisfully unaware?

Probably the second thing, my country has a tradition of preserved foods and you can find anything in canned form. I think it's typical of countries in northern climates where winter lasts for like 6 months.

Well, where i come from whever you buy shrooms it's either in marinade or dried. Not that it matters, i collect mine from the forest anyway, lots of people do that here.

Kill yourself

I use them in soups. The seasoned ones are great by themselves.

Summer lovin'

Depends on the mushrooms
for the earthier ones I'll scrape the gills off with a sppoon.
Typically if the gills are a darker color they have a muddy flavor that detracts.

Canned mushrooms are great, but they're like a wholly different thing. I prefer then on pizza, they stay juicy without leaking too much.

Saute them in garlic and salt and pepper with butter as lube

Season the pie and the sauce

I like to rough chop mushies up with red onions and some blue cheeses (mixed with milder cheeses)

>oh no there's water on my pizza

Use dehydrated cheese or literally who gives any fucks.