Which country, all things considered, has the best cuisine? feel free to defend your argument with best dishes...

Which country, all things considered, has the best cuisine? feel free to defend your argument with best dishes, cons of the losers, etc.

also, say where you're from

Other urls found in this thread:

syvum.com/recipes/ivrindex.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Chicago IL, USA
Gotta say, our Lou Malnati's Deep Dish Pizza Pie is the best of the best my frienderino

The worlds most prestigious Culinary School is in New York, USA. Chefs from across the planet fight to fill student vacancies for the chance to refine their culinary acumen.

Chef of the Century Paul Bocuse sent his son Jerome there. It's A+++ to the tenth degree. Nothing even comes close. The best Chefs in the world sow their oats in America.

While some countries have amazing, distinctive cuisines, it's hard to argue that America doesn't have the best food out of any country, simply due to how diverse the culture is, and how much high level regional foods are available. People act like it's a meme, but the US is so big and diversified that it legitimately has the best food out of any country in the world.

There are many countries that do particular kinds of food much better, but overall the US has the best food scene out of anywhere, no question about it.

wow ...

Mexico or China.

What does that have to do with with a specific country's cuisine or where the best restaurants are located?

I honestly can't tell if this a troll post.

I'd nominate Spain as numero uno.

While not the best, I do think Spain is one of the most underrated.

It's a country as large as all of Western Europe, full of immigrants. What's so difficult to understand?

Then Mexico

Are you implying that there is as much culinary variety among the 50 states of America as there is between the nations of Europe? Do you really think that?

I'd go so far as to say Chicago Illinois has the greatest cuisine on earth.

Chicago uses celery salt with a poppy seed hot dog bun so they the best.

Don't forget their roast beef is so perfect it doesn't even need cheese. So then they have tons of extra cheese to put inside the goza

The OP question was what country has the best cuisine, and I honestly believe that the US, overall, has better food than any individual country in Europe.

Caribbean

The Philippines and Turkey have the tastiest food according to my memory.

Netherlands, followed by Portugal

Either you are really proud of being Dutch or this is a bad joke you couldn't possibly expect anyone to believe.

After going to Chicago and trying their pizza several times in my life, I think it's safe to say 'go 'za is the superior form of food on this planet.

The 'go 'za meme is extremely effective at raising the blood pressure of Chicagoans (native myself), we're really proud of our city. That said, I'd say France, for the fact their best dishes are essentially peasant food, but prepared with the time and care to raise Otto the highest level, Spain has their really interesting dishes influenced by the Arabs and of course the ham, Thailand and India bothe have really great cuisine for the same reasons as the French -it's peasant food, home cooking, but when prepared with care can and is divine. Vietnamese food is interesting as well, as it has been colonized by different nations for like a 1000 yrs. One country that gets overlooked is Ethiopia, (maybe because of the kids with bugs on their eyeballs starvation adverts) the use of warm spices, legumes, beef, chicken, rice, various greens, warm nan-like bread is a really excellent nation cuisine, and finally, the US, as a nation of immigrants, we have a lot of regional cuisines: in the north east, loads of seafood dishes, in the south loads of fried shit and soul food, gumbo, jambalaya; south west, Tex-mex, chili and loads of other dishes, and California is a fucking melting pot, you can't even get started, the Central Valley produces something like 1/3 off the worlds supply of fruits/nuts/veg.

London, England
Italian food is the best in my opinion

Probably one of the Mediterranean countries. The can't into functioning democracy or industrialisation but the food is generally good.

If you mean specifically which country has the best top-level food instead of just every day shit that's a fairly difficult question. The answer would probably be an Anglo country since they're the only ones where experimentation is not only acceptable but actively encouraged. Indeed there's a fairly common sentiment among chefs from the continent that they can only get away with traditional shit in their own countries because the food culture is so conservative. Add into that the fact most major US cities (and places like London) have hundreds of years of immigration and they come out top.

Iran, India, China, Greece, Italy

>Iran
Definitely underrated, one of the most underrated in fact, but not the best.

No dipshit he's saying the variety it does have (which is far greater than an European nation) pushes it over any singular European country

I'm from England and it's hard to argue with this: .

USA has an unfair advantage seeing as it's a single country that's almost as big as a continent (in both size and population). Some states are basically like different countries within the same nation. I wouldn't compare it's variety to all of Europe, but no single country is as big and diverse.

Our English grub is definitely underrated though, by plebs who came expecting bland shit, bought and ate bland shit, then went away thinking they know all about English food.

English food is pretty shit except for haggis

Never met anyone who had tried haggis and didn't love it. What does it taste of?

>haggis
>English

I'll give you 1/(you) for getting a reply.

>haggis
>English
Shots fired

Portugal,definetly
Extremely underrated, but for a tiny country,the variety is very big
Mediterranean cuisine, awesome plates with pork meat, a great variety of sausages and relateds, gorgeous pastries, filling snacks...
Pic related

>but not the best.
Maybe I'd put Indian food higher, but its definitely one of the best in my opinion.

Indian on the other hand I believe is extremely overrated. It's last year's Mexican.

Forgot about Persia, Lebanon and Morocco also have great cuisine, but its all kind of the same flavor profile.

Mexico

I don't live in America (is Indian food popular now or something), and could care less whats over or under-rated. I was only judging based on the merits and my personal liking for the food.

It's hard to describe.

Deliciously spiced mince with a great texture

>is Indian food popular now
Not really. Depends on where you live. It may be a Brooklyn hipster thing now, idk, but we do have a huge Indian/paki population, we even have quite a few here in buttfuck nowhere rural MI, no restaurants though

It's very popular in britain and other muslim countries.

In the US there are food trends, and then there are pockets of immigrant populations where there are tons of restaurants of that kind of food.

While Indian food can be found pretty much anywhere, It's extremely common in places that have large computer/tech offices, not surprisingly.

What is Veeky Forums's opinion about peruvian food?

Here's what I know: Guinea Pigs

>America
Honestly? Best cuisine? All subjectivity aside, here's a hypothetical - Country's with the most stable economies and highest, paper-currency value have the best cuisine.

OP said "all things considered."

You only considered one thing.

Yeah, it's just business and photography.
A great chef is an artist. And a great artist?

What? What the fuck is your point?

>You're listening to, NPR Radio, All Things Considered.

I gave you more than one reason in a hypothetical. Stable economies and high currency value - countries surrounded by oceans, countries with more than 50% farm land, the ability to trade with other countries and import foreign food giving even the poor the opportunity to try new, worldly foods.

Sadly, might add. I've shared this link a lot (I like Indian food) navigate around for chicken/seafood recipes, the dishes from Goa and Kerala are ace: syvum.com/recipes/ivrindex.html

I was just being silly.

If I had a point then I guess it was that there is unlikely to be a significant correlation between national fiscal solvency and the quality of a traditional national cuisine, as there are so many more factors involved in a nation's cultural development than their current economic standing.