I am going to live on my own for the first time. I want to go Spartan mode. Peasant mode. Day laborer mode

I am going to live on my own for the first time. I want to go Spartan mode. Peasant mode. Day laborer mode.

How can I feed myself with 1) minimal prepackaged 2) no fast food 3) complete nutrition 4) not just plain millet gruel for every meal?

I know: beans, rice, oats, ground beef, chicken breast, potatoes, frozen veggies, discount aisle... What other tips? What foods am I missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_soup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Water

organ meats

this
top kek

I have cooked with chicken liver and gizzard in Cajun recipes.

Any other key cuts and uses?

If you have some sort of trade you can offer, make friends with a local farmer (usually a small one, or someone that happens to grow crops or a few animals on their land). Help them out, and inatead of money, maybe see if you can't work out trading services or help for fresh produce, milk, meat, etc.

Also, look around for ethnic markets for various deals. Some of them have produce for dirt cheap, and organ meats are much easier to find than in big name grocery stores.

Caviar

fuck the chicken breast, you want whole chickens so you can make stock from the bones and such
fuck ground beef, get yourself a grinder and buy the cheap lean tough cuts to grind - steak tartare is amazing, not to mention burgers and meatballs
fuck frozen, buy fresh and pickle what you don't eat immediately
you forgot pasta, of course

> Spartan mode
you eat bread smeared with olive oil and a slice of feta cheese alone in the morning, bread dipped in blood/retsina sauce at lunch with buttbuddies, helot woman cooks you dinner of stewed goat with dates
> Peasant mode
potatoe, potayto
> day laborer mode
full english, ploughman's lunch, faggots and pease for dinner, spotted dick on Sundays

>No bubble and squeak

Fuck off to Ireland

Smart thinking on the grinder. I hadn't even considered that.

bone-in skin-on chicken thighs/legs. ham hocks. pork tenderloin (this fluctuates in price quite a bit but is often a cheap protein).

you're welcome. remember that you need 15-20% fat for good burgers, so you should cozy up to a local butcher - beef fat can be had for a song
beef kidney fat rendered down makes the best high-temp cooking fat ever, god-tier for frying potatoes

duck fat wants a word with you for best fat

buy a slow cooker, you got the general foods right. eat you a multivitamin every day, and take d3 if you don't get lots of sun.

red beans and rice, fajitas, beef stew, potato soup, chicken tikka masala, stir fry, shepherd's/cottage pie, corned beef hash etc. just make sure each meal has a meat, veggies, and a starch. try and sneak fiber in there too. cook in big batches and freeze/fridge. pic related the red beans and rice I cook in my dorm room.

>cook in big batches and freeze/fridge

more info on this? I understand the general idea but I read some foods are like dangerous to do this with. Would be great to cook up all my lunches for the week on sunday night

I find that duck fat has a faint fishy/muddy smell, because of their diet

> Would be great to cook up all my lunches for the week on sunday night
it isn't so great to eat frozen and reheated every god damn day, actually
just pack sandwiches or salad if you eat at work

I was hoping to get away from the depression of sandwiches

I live in Asia and the bread here is so terrible

I really enjoyed reading this.

when I was working 60+ a week and had an apartment I would cook once a week, 2x a week now that I'm at uni with fucktons of free time.

>some foods are like dangerous to do this with
no idea where you are getting this. don't cook fish and let it go bad in the fridge and then eat it i guess?

if you get a big slow cooker you can yield 10+ meals from every batch and just throw shit in there and let it run while at work. come back, portion it out, fridge what you want and freeze the rest to defrost or reheat when you want. I had 3 I would set going saturday night and wake up to finish the batches (a beef stew, corned beef hash, and red beans). rice cookers are awesome too don't believe these cunts bitching about unitaskers.

get like 20 good tupperwares and throw your meals in there or keep them in a big one and portion out every day. I always made lunch/dinner but usually cooked breakfast unless I had corned beef hash to reheat in the fridge.

you just have to keep in mind how long shit will last in the fridge and whether or not shit reheats well from frozen (potatoes for example are shit to freeze then reheat). remember the stuff you cant combine (like red beans and rice) and just combine when you are going to eat them.

stir fry has been my go to recently since I can sneak lots of chicken and veggies in and it reheats perfectly. pic related a batch I made when I was still learning how to do it right.

Always have a selection of palm fruit available.

I personally have a bunch of apples, oranges and bananas on my table that I eat between meals.

corned beef hash in a slowcooker? what
i want to know how to do it

you just cooked the corned beef in the slow cooker, then pull out to cut/combine with the onions potatoes etc and cook that in a skillet. save the juice to pour over the shit in the skillet tho enough sodium to kill a toddler its pretty great.

aH okay
I bought a fuckton of corned beef after saint paddys day since 89c/lb is ridiculous for beef
Smart idea, I'll give it a shot.
I love me some hash dear god

i should add you have to pre cube/cook the potatoes tho before making it into hash. pulled pork/chili/beef burgundy are also great in slow cookers and are 1 pot meals where you don't have to do extra shit like you do with hash and red beans/rice. I never minded just making rice or cooking the hash. depends how much work you want to put in. homemade corned beef hash is godly and you wont be able to get the canned bs or shit from eating out anymore if you make it from scratch. corning your own beef isn't too hard either.

corned beef and cabbage too. I know I'm shilling slow cookers pretty hard but for 30$ you get your monies worth pretty fast.

Drink Huel 4 times a day. Nutritionally balanced and you get all your vitamins.

You sir deserve a medal. I've been cooking those red beans and rice how you said in a thread ages ago. Delish.

>spartan mode

Blood soup

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_soup

CHICKEN, GRILL IT
POTATOES, BOIL/MASH THEM
FROZEN VEGGIES, MICROWAVE THEM

EAT SOME FRUIT ONCE IN A WHILE YOU'LL BE FINE