/smg/ - Stock Market General

Yuro edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous Thread

>Yuro edition
Seems like all of us euros have work to do and can't be arsed to be online on this shithole during working hours…
Me?
I'm on a sick leave, so that's why I'm shitposting during neet hours.

I made it while in the train. there doesn't seem to be a trend today but ORA is in the green.
I have a bit of cleanroom work to do but I'll check the thread sometimes.

Anyways:
Paging Mr. (Comfy) !!7iCGIecbnK/
> >
Are you really doing this?
Tempted to go for the meme. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the mempool is clogged again in 6 months, so BTC is probably a bad choice, since hopefully no one will "invest" anything large into you. And sendinb back $20 that turned into $5 does not make sense with a $35 TX fee. How about waves? Great wallet and DEX in one! App available and quite stable as a currency. Plus, I'll give you some Veeky Forumscoin for free on top of my investment, if you use waves.

Forgot pic…

Does not matter. We are all going to die!
DAY opened -0.07%, ATX is down -0.29% and SMI is down -0.34%. If the german speaking contries are crashing that hard, it has to mean we are all going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol just made an investment plan for 10% of my stack to crowdfunded growth companies

>crowdfunded growth companies
Tell me more.
I'm very tempted by crowdfunding, but most things I looked at so far were more of a donation, instead of an investment, and the investment types are mostly
>yeah, our business plan is not solid enough for a bank loan and we also can't find any suckers to do some angel investing and we certaily can't IPO, so pls, gibe money

So after Black Monday through Thursday, it's finally Black Friday!

Well I plan to buy equity. I certainly won't buy all of the garbage that goes on these platforms. The platforms I use only list companies for equity rounds that have a track record, a finished product, accomplished leadership and they're required to disclose all relevant info of roadmap etc. AND the product has to be some innovative way of doing things. They don't list people who go "yeah bro I plan to weave cannabis shirts from hemp!!! Stock price 100000€ EOY!"

What platforms are you looking at?

>"yeah bro I plan to weave cannabis shirts from hemp!!! Stock price 100000€ EOY!"
kek, I unironically have this as my
>fuck it, I'm starting my own business!
Idea since quite some time. However, I have to figure out how to get some blockchain and token into it, for maximum meme overload.
Using it just as a source of hallucinations and medicine is vastly undervaluing weeds potential.

Also forgot to mebtion that these are not startups, they already might have VCs, bank loans, funding from national organizations, or a combinations of those.

Cannatoken, ERC20 protocol with pyramid dividend schemes, every 1k ETH investment gets a shirt and non-voting share in the business. Shirt business uses smart contract that matches shirtless hippies with cannabis shirts.

Few more hours till the burgers wake up, so here's a Euro-update:
Most things are flat to slightly negative, with some signs of trying to end the day in green. US futures look green too.

How you guys are viewing your actions in the stock market ?
Day trading ? Value investing ? Dividend seeking ?

>How you guys are viewing your actions in the stock market ?
Losing money

By day trading ? by value investing ? by dividend seeking ?

I'm kinda proud of ORA doing its thing. My father used to work there, and my company got a partnership with them.

By trying to do all of the above without having any idea what I am doing.

I started mid-December with ETFs to get some growth and divedends which worked pretty well until the drop end of January. After that I changed tactics and tried day trading, which was fine for a little while until I had the brilliant idea to buy FTR yesterday, which didn't work out very well.

I'm currently down 3% from when I started and think I am going to stop until I learn more.

>Day trading ?
whenever I try that, I fuck up, so I'm trying to try it less
>Value investing ?
Yes
>Dividend seeking ?
Yes, but only combined with value. don't have enough money for pure dividends.
But you are missing the most important thing:
>Meme investing ?
YES!

I'm seeking decent dividends primarily, bought in on a dip, but if my stocks go +20% compared to the buying price I sell 3/4th of it and look for another company. I'm testing this strategy right now.

I don't know how that would be called

Ouch. But why did you Hodl it? You're day trading, you ideally already should now when to get out in case things go bad, before you even make the trade.

Like I said, I have no idea what I am doing. But at least I am learning from my mistakes...

I hope.

But that's what paper trading is for.

Dude
Hold your ETFs and let it live for months or even better, years. Providing they are not memes

>Day trading
I lose money whenever I tried to swing trade something. So fuck DT.

Value investing and dividend seeking are not necessarily the same things
For example, you have stocks like BGFV or ORC who give you very high dividend yields. But they are very risky as the company ofen pays them with debts. Some buy them hoping the stock value won't drop too much after the dividends are paid.

Meme investing : in fact, this provide you with some unusual ideas and potential huge gains. Take AMRS : I am liking this company more and more.

Selling 3/4 of your positions are a bit too aggressive in my opinion. Unless you know some major change in the company governance or a sector decline.

You should rebalance your portfolio and trim the big gainers but leave them run some more.

I paper trade for weeks before I actually go in with money on a strat. Then I start small (my broker takes a percentage as commission, so it makes no difference) and slowly ramp it up to the point where I'm still comfortable.

Sure, you can go in live from the start, but it will likely cost you money and likely more than what you lose in time spent on paper trading.

Good luck.

Bump, and good morning Euro traders. Do you guys sleep?

>Selling 3/4 of your positions are a bit too aggressive in my opinion. Unless you know some major change in the company governance or a sector decline.
How much would you advise ?

It is all about percentages.
It should maintain the same percentage over time.

For example, you have 5 positions each worth 2000$.
Imagine position A grew to 3000$.

First, you can withdraw 1000$ and get yourself a hooker.

Or, you can redo the math and distribute the gains among the other positions.
In this case, your portfolio is worth 11000$. So, 11000/5 = 2200$ for each position. So sell 800$ or stock A and buy 200$ worth of stocks for the 4 other positions.

You only need to do this once or twice per year.

Good early morning!

Post em

OLED fucked me.

Will I be rich if I just invest 500 a week in SPY for the next 30 years or just keep it in savings account?

So you would advise only selling the profits to balance the value of the stocks ? What's the rationale behind it compared to say, diversify more by buying 1000$ of another stock ?

got you

Why isn't the market open!

Even Bog's need time to coordinate their pumps and dumps

Nice Kot, does he like blin?

She likes potato, boeuf bourguignon and corn.

If you have another nice stock to invest into, you can do that.

You reinvest the profits into the existing positions if your thesis on them didn't change.

Last year I FOMO'd into TSLA and bought it at about 332 average. Should I keep holding and see where it goes for the next couple months or sell? In hindsight I can see why that was a pretty retarded decision.

Please do neither of those things

We going to manage to keep all the gains today or is it going to be another on of those poz-hole days where are gains get wiped at 3 o'clock?

Fug Valeo lost 10%, I wanted to put some money in auto industry, should I go now ?

Morning all

You know my answer

gassing all bears, with no survivors

TSLA is on a cycle, its on its high peak right now, it should dip to the low 300s then go back up, rinse repeat. Once they make money then its a vertical line, but still a lot of hype and debt.

Morning!

So you're saying we should all sell some TSLA today and then buy it when it's in the low 300s?

I'm here to FUD and chew gum, and I'm all out of gum.

If you retards are still invested in US equities at this point just know your playing russian roulette

Called a friend working there, he told me they were knee-deep in good long-term contracts and prospects on electric cars. Putting 500€ in it.

wtf happened to WMT?

Hold my beer I'm going to FOMO SPXL.

Fuck you, I'm down 12% because of January.

I'm also a total n00b, and have since changed my gameplan

So how would you get into gold then?

If you don't want to lose, don't play the game.

You didn't expect SPY to only go up did you ?

I have so many bags of OHRP im gonna make it rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol I don't ever want to hear about SPY or any ETF's ever again.

Right when it crashed, it actually disappeared from my trading account. I still had the ETF's, but I couldn't place orders. I actually had to call them on the phone to sell!

Now I hope the market tanks again so my short-selling brings in profits

AHHHHH

Whoever memed me into 5 shares of AMRS, thanks. Just don't ever touch Big5Guy. The matter/antimatter explosion would crack the globe.

Ugh...Will we ever have a day where the opening momentum is maintained?

Bail on AKER and back on the OHRP gain train!

Depends where you live. Always buy physical not some etf shit

Why would you willingly hold AMD?

Just got another 5% from ALN. 25% total in a week. Gonna buy back in but it’s starting to go flat so I may have to find another meme to swing.

i sold out today im out they released a statement about crypto going to shit and the mining slowing down and that amds stocks gonna drop due to this

Deep down, you know the answer sweetie

Its just speculation on my part, but Ive been in on TSLA since it was around 125 a share and have done well the last few years. Im not very good at investing but in this case there seem to be some patterns. I think the new target low is around 315 to buy. I would sell and hold your gains if it reaches 355. I already cashed out my stock yesterday, so im waiting for another dip in the comming weeks to reinvest.

Looking at the technicals, TSLA is in the middle on the Bollinger Bands and MACD suggests it should get going to the higher band

Is it time to buy and sell it at arund 360 ?

I mean 20%. Can’t into math today

I would be inverse-happy if it is a bull trap.

Tell me a meme to buy

OHRP

I think there is a good chance it will go to 360, but I cashed out already for what its worth.

Morning lads. My baker made some excellent savory hand pies to go with my latte today. Why do I keep seeing OHRP shilled? Threw some pocket change at it the other day but its looking like garbage.

MU is finally gaining momentum. Going to be a good run into earnings.

Some commie wants people in this thread to lose money. I shorted it and it's actually making me money. They have no pipeline, and had a failed drug trial. They're literally burning cash with no real revenue and are going to have to r/s to even stay listed. Why any of you people actually bought this shit is beyond me.

>God trips
Buying MU calls

which one of you just bailed out from AMRS, weak fucking hands

I know, my moonmission!

Bank of Buffet earnings over the weekend.

GSAT is on the way up

The OHRP gain train was at .29 and they announced a new strategy to readjust for stockholder value, selling off at like .34 for small gain but that was WEEKS ago

As far as I know they're flopping.

Got in at .90 and .89

P L E A S E

If you missed an AMRS buy now is the time to get in before it goes back up

no chance

Where's manager Comfy? We need a status report on the hedge fund.

MAJOR OBVIOUS AMRS DIP RIGHT NOW.

easy as fuck buy right now gents.

>p-please buy muh bags

SNR doing really well for me so far today. Mfw I make my stack off the misery of boomers.

aussie congo lithium shill here. hope someone did their dd. avz performed well (~10%) and is now in trading halt for possible jv

I sold Tesla like that user said. We should be able to buy it for like 300 bucks.

But in all seriousness it looks like a profit taking based on technicals. It is trying to go back into the Bollinger bands.

Haha are you retarded? Look at it.

I'm maxed out and can't buy more, but id buy 20k worth with how obvious the TA and the dip are on this one.
This is a Duhhh moment for the beginners I'm pointing out.

Reminder to avoid trading after 12 because Friday is the slowest day and the markets been shit for weeks

Good Morning everyone. Just sold a little bit of my position in MOMO skyrocketed today.

I like the company

But what TA makes you say it is a screaming buy ? The way i see it, it is going back to the 5.2 level (20d MA).

>Walmart dipping again

VNRX
N
R
X

Sold half my TTD stocks. Feeling good

>Yuro edition

>aussie congo lithium shill here
well, my DD was reading the current economist and they have a leader on congo being on the verge of collapse (again), so I didn't pull the trigger. but I'll keep my non-congo Li stocks, since that should be good news for them.