The eternal question

The eternal question.

How do you eat this ridiculous food?

I don't understand why penne haven't replaced spaghetti completely. Flour is flour.

You twirl it. Penne is well-known as the second-worst-tasting pasta after fettucini.

>not understanding how to choose the correct pasta for your sauce

Penne is for bolognese and other sauces full of chunky delicious bits that can get inside.

Spaghetti is for a plain napoli sauce or something else that will cling to it.

OP is for sucking cocks.

I have tried chunky sauce with delicious bits with both penne and spaghetti and I still prefer spaghetti. The texture of a big mouthful of spaghetti is superior.

One or two pieces of penne is better than a reasonable bit of spaghetti. But I am not reasonable.

Jesus Christ just put the fucking fork in and start to spin.
are you really this autistic?

shovel it in your gob, dummy.

mouthfull of spaghetti feels pretty good.

You're supposed to use a fork instead of a spoon.

Then again, it's 2013 and you should have switched to eating all noodles with chopsticks at this point.

>One or two pieces of penne is better than a reasonable bit of spaghetti.
yes, if people are watching I probably wouldn't choose spaghetti. no, grandma, I will never twirl it.

Italians eat pasta often, so they're really into the nuances of what kind of noodle goes with what sauce. Casuals don't get it.

>casuals

It's more like Italians are autistic about tradition and will continue to eat the same way forever when other people are innovating and making better versions of Italian dishes.

There's a reason. Look it up and don't be autistic yourself

Look up why Italians are autistic?

>Implying that spaghetti alla chitarra isn't the best for bolognese

Penne is still too big.

>autistic about tradition
Tradition id pretty easy to discount when you come from a food tradition that isn't particularly good. People who frequently eat fast food in their cars are unlikely to grasp simple concepts like eating what's in season and matching the pasta shape to the sauce. They buy sauce already made in jars.

Go fuck yourself with your noodles you weeb fuck.

probablytriggered

Nobody mentioned fast food posters, just that Italians are autistic about their food traditions, and Italians on Veeky Forums frequents say it's both true and stupid, but keep projecting.

Why fix what isn't broken? Aside from the massive variety in Italian food and the hundreds of years invested in perfecting the process, you'd have to be completely ignorant to believe there aren't Italians who enjoy reinventing classic dishes.

You talk like you've spoken to one person and then you misinterpreted what they said and then just repeat whatever you think they said.

that looks delicious

I think that poster is just implying that because Americans don't really have that much food culture other than fast food, they won't appreciate the intricacies of traditions as much as Italians or Japanese.

I was implying that if English is your first language you come from a culture without a particularly good food tradition, and as such are unlike to value tradition. The fast food thing was a reference to how many meals in America are fast food consumed in a car - evidence the food culture is not all that great.

Fork some up, twirl it in a large spoon using your other hand, then shove in mouth.

>a reference to how many meals in America are fast food consumed in a car - evidence the food culture is not all that great.

Stop basing your ideas of a different country on youtube personalities.

I, my family, and everyone I'm friends with, barely ever eat fast food, and only do so drunk in the middle of the night, or on a long drive when there's no time to stop for anything else.

Spaghetti is fucking disgusting, worst pasta ever. It's fucking shit.

Not him, but you do get the point. Also, nice anecdote bro you still eat fast food.

The pasta type is just mood and preference most of all, let's be honest here, people in the olden days chose types based on whatever extruders were available in their town's pasta machines. Having something unique and giving it a cute descriptive name was part of the charm (and there once was 1000s of shapes, as I witnessed in a beautifully illustrated italian cookbook, a volume that was 95 years old in an antique bookstore I saw once, too pricey to buy sadly). Outside of hand formed pastas like sheets that are cut stuff or things like gnocci, the other sizes caught on in popularity when companies got larger and they stopped only being a local thing.

I like penne rigate for OP's picture, a chunky tomato sauce or meat sauce, or for even larger chunks a rigatoni. The rigate ribbing on pasta holds sauces nicer. For angel hair, linguini, spaghetti, it's picked for a very finely minced or thin sauce, sometimes with a bread crumb topping, such as finely minced clam sauces, olive oil and herbs. My personal favorite is pasta with sand, garlic and red pepper flakes cooked in olive oil, to which fresh bread crumbs are added and toasted, and combined with angel hair with lots of cheese.

OP, in a pasta bowl, you _should_ be able to eat longer pasta by twirling on the fork against the edge until a little ball of wrapped noodles. You shouldn't need a spoon if your technique is good. Don't quote me, but I think it's acceptable to bite off a problem strand or two over your plate too, as long as you blot afterwards on your napkin, but I wouldn't in polite company. If I adore my clothing when dining Italian, I absolutely do order safer appetizers/salads and pasta options off a menu so as not to get a spot of oil on a shirt.

We have a lot of religious tradition, and look how many people are abandoning that.

>you still eat fast food

Once or twice a year, as does everyone in Europe and most of the rest of the world.

>twirl it in a large spoon
This is what I was taught. If I'm forced to eat it now, I'd probably use a knife and fork and squash neatly sliced clumps of it onto the fork or something. I don't like it though, I'm always tempted to suck it up into my mouth and then it flicks sauce everywhere.

Conchiglie is my favourite pasta. They're like little parcels of sauce. I like the idea of ravioli but I don't think I'll be making my own pasta any time soon and the pre-made ravioli always comes with disgusting beef and gravy inside.

Whereas you can just make a pan of conchiglie and a pan of whatever sauce you want, mix one into the other, stir them together in a pan and serve (maybe grate some cheese/herbs on there).

I'm American, you idiot That's how I know how weak our food traditions are compared to Italy. Seriously, how most of America eats changed entirely in the second half of the 20th Century, and not for the better. It's not a very strong food tradition when that can happen in just a few decades.

Fettucini is superior spaghetti you mong

Do you consider spaghetti to be casual pasta or just slightly awkward on formal occasions?

>Stop basing your ideas of a different country on youtube personalities.
What a weird defense.